Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #211
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostLady View Post
Im going to call in the next day or two to make sure my room requests are still listed so I might ask about it then. I assume the phone CM wont be much help so I'll probably have to call IT.

We have a package so we will only have our bands and KTTW(assuming they are still giving those when we get there). I have no problem leaving our bands behind and only using the KTTW if necessary but I am concerned after reading several reports about KTTW no longer working to pull regular FPs. Id rather have 3 FP+ than nothing at all so im afraid that if I dont select them now, I could be stuck trying to find available times after I get there. Im happy with the old system and I think I can adjust to the new one easily. I think my stress is coming from so many unknowns. Im sure I wont truely have answers until I arrive. Its just hard to make a decision without having all the facts. Thank you for your help...
I totally agree. I don't like the unknowns. I too, think I'd rather just have the regular FPs since we are big park hoppers. And I am having a very hard time knowing how to tour and having to pick which park to get FPs at. I've already done all my dining ADRs and it's too late to NOT park hop at this point.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #212
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohsmommi

I'm sure it will be fine. I go before you ... I'll be sure to post my experience when I get back. From what I understand, if you don't reserve any FP+, then you should have no problem using the regular FP system. Also, you can log on to your account on the WDW website and deactivate your magic bands if you don't want to use them (i just found this out by doing a google search).
When is your trip?
Ill be looking for your report...

I wish I knew IF I wanted to use them. It would make things much easier if I knew what I wanted to do..lol
I probably dont have a choice anymore though because my kids have already seen/tried on their bands. They love them and I think they would prefer waiting in an hour long line with a pretty band on to standing in a 10 minute FP line holding a card...lol

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

GhostLady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #213
Poohsmommi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When is your trip?
Ill be looking for your report...

I wish I knew IF I wanted to use them. It would make things much easier if I knew what I wanted to do..lol
I probably dont have a choice anymore though because my kids have already seen/tried on their bands. They love them and I think they would prefer waiting in an hour long line with a pretty band on to standing in a 10 minute FP line holding a card...lol
Also, I think it's required with a package. Plus - if the kids saw them, you might as well forget it now LOL My "kid" is 16, and she is insisting on using the MB LOL We go on October 9 - 15.
Poohsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #214
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I'm pretty sure that you have to "opt in" if you want to participate. So by doing nothing, you are "opting out".
I don't think that is the case with the October testers. My understanding is that those that did not "opt in", have been receiving they grey magic bands anyway and are in the system. (I think the September guests only got the bands if they actually opted in). I think for October, you might as well customize and pick FP+, because you are in--- however, the way you "opt out" is that you will be issued a KTTW card at WDW. If you don't want to be part of the testing for October, you just use the card and not the bands. I think deactivating the band on the app/website refers primarily to deactivating the credit card and park ticket functions and is what you are supposed to do if a band is lost.

I have not seen the reports of guests not being able to get paper FPs with their KTTW cards, but I would also be concerned that if no FP+ were booked with the bands that that would leave us without any FPs. I would rather book the FP+ to be safe and hope that we can use the old system as well. If seen people posting about using both as recently this week, so I think there may be some glitchy KTTW cards out there? I know there was one time a couple years back when we got a KTTW card that would not work in the FP machines, and we wound up getting a new card issued.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #215
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land

I totally agree. I don't like the unknowns. I too, think I'd rather just have the regular FPs since we are big park hoppers. And I am having a very hard time knowing how to tour and having to pick which park to get FPs at. I've already done all my dining ADRs and it's too late to NOT park hop at this point.
I do not envy those of you with park hoppers at all this time. We never get them due to cost and travel time between parks but usually I am a bit jealous of park hopper peeps when trying to make my ADRs. This is the one time I am very thankful we dont have them. Im having enough trouble planning one park per day with the new system so I couldnt imagine trying to hop. I do hope Disney changes the one park per day rule for those who hop. Seems like they are hurting those who spend more money...
I wish you lots of luck with making FP+ and hoppers work together. Im sure it can be done and you will have a great trip!!!

Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #216
mickeysmith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
If seen people posting about using both as recently this week, so I think there may be some glitchy KTTW cards out there? I know there was one time a couple years back when we got a KTTW card that would not work in the FP machines, and we wound up getting a new card issued.
This is what I was hoping when I read that some MB folks' KTTW cards were rejected at AK - that is was a glitch. We are park hoppers and wanted to get FPs at other parks, if possible - just like we have always done. I am not sure what to expect. I definitely don't want to lose park time by standing in Guest Relations. That being said, I will be forever happy that I am at Disney!!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #217
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohsmommi

Also, I think it's required with a package. Plus - if the kids saw them, you might as well forget it now LOL My "kid" is 16, and she is insisting on using the MB LOL We go on October 9 - 15.
My 3 yr old DD already wants to wear hers daily. Even my 18 yr old "kid" seemed excited about the bands and nothing really excites him anymore...lol

Wow..your trip is close. Have a great time. I will be looking for your reports. We are leaving on the 12th to drive from Indiana. We check into a house in Rolling Hills on the 13th but we will be visiting US/IOA that week. We check into Pop for our Disney week on the 18th. This is the longest trip weve taken so Im excited whether we get MBs, KTTW, FP+ or FP-. As long as there are rides, parades, fireworks and a giant mouse...Im on board.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #218
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm

I don't think that is the case with the October testers. My understanding is that those that did not "opt in", have been receiving they grey magic bands anyway and are in the system. (I think the September guests only got the bands if they actually opted in). I think for October, you might as well customize and pick FP+, because you are in--- however, the way you "opt out" is that you will be issued a KTTW card at WDW. If you don't want to be part of the testing for October, you just use the card and not the bands. I think deactivating the band on the app/website refers primarily to deactivating the credit card and park ticket functions and is what you are supposed to do if a band is lost.

I have not seen the reports of guests not being able to get paper FPs with their KTTW cards, but I would also be concerned that if no FP+ were booked with the bands that that would leave us without any FPs. I would rather book the FP+ to be safe and hope that we can use the old system as well. If seen people posting about using both as recently this week, so I think there may be some glitchy KTTW cards out there? I know there was one time a couple years back when we got a KTTW card that would not work in the FP machines, and we wound up getting a new card issued.
This was my impression too. Us Oct people are automatically "in" although the letter I got states "But don't worry, if you decide not to participate in this test, you will still enjoy a great Walt Disney World visit". What it doesnt say is if we will still be able to use the old fast pass system instead or in addition to FP+. Sure, I can chose to leave my band in the room and not book FP+ but that doesnt mean I will get to use legacy FP. Telling me that I will still enjoy my vacation is not really enough info to make an informed decision IMO.

The reports from guests who werent able to pull paper fastpasses have mainly been in the last day or two(longer for AK). It could just be a glitch but it does have me worried that they have cut FP- access to those with MBs. I really hope thats not the case but I do think it might be better to go ahead and book FP+ just in case.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #219
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmith

This is what I was hoping when I read that some MB folks' KTTW cards were rejected at AK - that is was a glitch. We are park hoppers and wanted to get FPs at other parks, if possible - just like we have always done. I am not sure what to expect. I definitely don't want to lose park time by standing in Guest Relations. That being said, I will be forever happy that I am at Disney!!
I wasnt too worried when I saw reports about AK because I could deal with only 3 or even no FPs there if I have to but when I started seeing reports about other parks, I did get worried...

Old 09-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #220
4xmom
Mouseketeer

We just got back Saturday. I was very disappointed to not be included in the testing. However, we never even had to think about using a Fastpass. My kids were on a ride for a second, third, fourth, ect time as soon as they could weave their way back. There was no lines for anything. They rode Rock n' Roller Coaster 5x in a row and then Tower 2x in about an hour. I just waved as they ran past me! lol
1995-1997:WL 1997:DVC OKW New Home! 1998:OKW 1998:WL 1999:FW Cabin 1999:Contemporary (Honeymoon) 1999:Boardwalk 2000:OKW 2001:OKW (Baby #1's 1st trip) 2002:FW Cabin (Baby #2's 1st trip) 2003:FW Cabin (Baby #3's 1st trip) 2004:FW Cabin (Baby #4's 1st trip) 2005-2008:FW Cabin
2011:Old Key West Grand Villa (Family Reunion)
2013:AKV-Kidani-Sept.14-21

4xmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #221
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohsmommi View Post
We arrive on October 10th. I did customize our bands, and make some FP+ ressies. I guess we'll see how it goes. We are doing the EMH one night, so I think I will ask for room keys when we check in (as well as it being on our magic bands) that way there's no issue with staying in the park once it closes to non-resort guests.
Just FYI... only resort guests have MagicBands as of now so therefore you shouldn't need your KTTW card to prove you're eligible for EMH.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #222
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Just FYI... only resort guests have MagicBands as of now so therefore you shouldn't need your KTTW card to prove you're eligible for EMH.
But that doesn't necessarily mean you are a current resort guest. Theoretically, if they only check for a Magic Band, a local AP holder could book a single night room and then go to any EMH they wanted.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #223
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
But that doesn't necessarily mean you are a current resort guest. Theoretically, if they only check for a Magic Band, a local AP holder could book a single night room and then go to any EMH they wanted.
Yes, good point. More and more AP holders currently have MB's because of a night or two at a testing resort.

When I hit EMH at Epcot last month with my MB I had to dig out my KTTWC for every ride. They didn't care about the MB's.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #224
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do not envy those of you with park hoppers at all this time. We never get them due to cost and travel time between parks but usually I am a bit jealous of park hopper peeps when trying to make my ADRs. This is the one time I am very thankful we dont have them. Im having enough trouble planning one park per day with the new system so I couldnt imagine trying to hop. I do hope Disney changes the one park per day rule for those who hop. Seems like they are hurting those who spend more money...
I wish you lots of luck with making FP+ and hoppers work together. Im sure it can be done and you will have a great trip!!!
Yeah, I planned all this out 5.5 months ago- WAY before any of this FP+ business was even close to being in the works. I had NO clue what mess it was going to create. We have military passes which automatically come w/ hoppers, so I planned accordingly. You have no idea how badly I wish I had done my ADRs differently, and now it's too late to change it up and get what we want. We've been several times in the past few years, so I had a good touring plan system down--- needless to say, I have no clue how we're going to tour now if we can't use the normal fastpasses.

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #225
npcougar
DIS Veteran

Does double dipping with a ticket and KTW card still work?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: