Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
norasue
Earning My Ears

TS reservations and DDP credits

Hi all! I will be heading to WDW next month with my DH, DD 7 and DD 5. We got the free dining plan and I have a couple questions.

First of all, for our TS meals. Do we need to use a credit for each person or can we share meals? I realize for character meals/buffets they will need to use a credit for each person.

What are options for desserts if you don't want one for a CS or TS meal?

Any other helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!
norasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by norasue View Post
Hi all! I will be heading to WDW next month with my DH, DD 7 and DD 5. We got the free dining plan and I have a couple questions.

1. First of all, for our TS meals. Do we need to use a credit for each person or can we share meals?

2. I realize for character meals/buffets they will need to use a credit for each person.

3. What are options for desserts if you don't want one for a CS or TS meal?

Any other helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!
1. You can usually share at TS restaurants where you order from a menu. One restaurant, however, that is very strict with the DDP is Via Napoli. You cannot use 1 credit to feed 2 people at VN. Also, if you want pizza, you can only use credits on the individual size. You cannot combine credits for the larger size.

2. Everyone will be charged at buffets, all you care to eat family style meals, CRT, Akershus, the 3 dinner shows, the platter at Whispering Canyon Cafe, Fantasmic! Dining Package and the Candlelight Processional Dining Package.

3. Ask at the TS restaurants what alternatives they have. Also, you could order a dessert that travels well and take it back to your room for breakfast. At CS places you can usually sub a bottle of water or a package of apple slices or something that come with the kids' meals.

Last edited by purple figment; 09-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.
purple figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

One thing to remember, however, is if you use the adult credits at a TS to share with the family, you will have leftover kids' TS credits that can only be used for kids' meals. It would be difficult to feed a family with just kids' meals.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: