Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #31
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Following along! Your kids are all cutie pies!
Thank you! Glad you're joining in!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #32
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

And Day 4 brings a change of hotels and more fun!
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Subbing! your kids are adorable!! love hearing about your adventures!!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

disneylvr4vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #34
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylvr4vr View Post
Subbing! your kids are adorable!! love hearing about your adventures!!
Thank you! I'm glad you're joining in!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #35
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

I love your report and you have a beautiful family.

I was tempted to read ahead, but I am enjoying the extended posting here added to your blog, so I will wait. Looking forward to more.

June 2013: OKW
December 2012: SSR June 2012: OKW
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
nutz2notz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #36
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Just found your report, love it! Your kids are so adorable! My youngest is 13 but he still gets excited when we go to Disney. Can't wait for our next trip!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #37
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
I love your report and you have a beautiful family.

I was tempted to read ahead, but I am enjoying the extended posting here added to your blog, so I will wait. Looking forward to more.
Yay! Thanks! I plan to add some more this afternoon. Good to know there are people reading along!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #38
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfanforlife View Post
Just found your report, love it! Your kids are so adorable! My youngest is 13 but he still gets excited when we go to Disney. Can't wait for our next trip!
Thank you! I often wonder how our Disney trips will change as our kids get older. So far, my almost nine year old still gets so excited and even likes getting character autographs and taking pictures with characters even thought they talk all the time about how it's just some person inside a costume. However, their love for Disney changes, I'm sure it will still be a lot of fun!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #39
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Day 4 POP breakfast

Today we slept in a little (or at least tried), packed up all of our stuff, and called to have it moved over to Bay Lake Tower for us. It's great that Disney will move your luggage from one hotel to another free of charge.

We didn't have any plans (read Fast Passes) at EPCOT until 10am, so we all ate breakfast at Everything POP today.

We sought out the area with a TV for a relatively quiet breakfast.

Most of us had the POP waffle:

I would have chosen French toast and one of the kids wanted pancakes, but we only wanted to stand in one line, so we agreed on waffles.
Again, the service was disappointing here. Not only did it take forever to get our food even though there were just a couple people before us in the line, but they also were going to leave off the meat. I asked if it was included (since the menu board pictures it that way) and she said, "Yes, you can get it with bacon or sausage."
"Is it less money to get it without," I asked.
"No," she replied.
And then it took several more minutes to get the meat.

Meanwhile, Marc was waiting in a different line to get his food which went much faster. He skipped the line he really wanted because it was too long and ended up with this platter instead...

Glad to be done with this food court, we headed to EPCOT and would be looking forward to Contempo Café instead of Everything POP tonight!

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-05-2013 at 09:01 AM.
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #40
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
Thank you! I often wonder how our Disney trips will change as our kids get older. So far, my almost nine year old still gets so excited and even likes getting character autographs and taking pictures with characters even thought they talk all the time about how it's just some person inside a costume. However, their love for Disney changes, I'm sure it will still be a lot of fun!
I am sure it depends on the family. But my 18 & 19 year old daughters still love to go too! This year for the first time we are going on two trips. First in November with our son then in march with our daughters. Hopefully next year we will find a time that all three kids can go together.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #41
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your trip report so far and the blog is really neat! Your children are such great travelers I am going to have to put the Plaza on our short list of restaurants to try on our next trip. The food there looks really good! I love your family photos at Epcot's Character Spot. You did such a great job on the matching shirts. The BLT villa is absolutely gorgeous. That is definitely my dream resort at WDW. .
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #42
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
I am enjoying your trip report so far and the blog is really neat! Your children are such great travelers I am going to have to put the Plaza on our short list of restaurants to try on our next trip. The food there looks really good! I love your family photos at Epcot's Character Spot. You did such a great job on the matching shirts. The BLT villa is absolutely gorgeous. That is definitely my dream resort at WDW. .
Thank you!

My children really have been excellent travelers. Zoe has been much more challenging though! I hope she does better on the planes when we go back in November.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #43
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
My 23 yr old DD still gets so excited when we go! She loves to take pics with the characters and get autographs, etc. Loves the rides of course, but also all the small details you see all over the parks. She and my 6 yr old are my most excited of my kids about all things Disney.
We had to take our first trip without DD23 last Oct as she had just gotten married that July and Honeymooned (not at WDW because it was July) and I really hated not having her on that vacation. I definately didnt like that life change. She and our new son in love are going with us on our June trip! So excited to have her back with us and to introduce her new hubby to our love of WDW.
My DS18 likes going, but does a lot of things (like pics) just to please his mom. He also loves to see his 6yr old sis enjoying the parks. My 14 yr old dd just goes for the rides They all are great about letting their mom enjoy her favorite place on earth!

Im enjoying your report!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #44
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #45
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the delay in updates. I'll see if photobucket works better for me tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: