Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
mariab
WDW AP, CASTAWAY MEMBER,

What is the best cabin on the dream

Wondering what cabins would be recommend on deck 9 or 10 on the Disney dream for a category 5A. Thanks so much! Right now we are looking at 9036&9038.
mariab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

That's really subjective. Everyone has their favorites, for their own reasons. Some people like aft while others don't for example.

Think about what's important to you/your family and go from there. Honestly, it's a beautiful ship, an amazing environment, and you will have fun no matter what. You WILL be on a Disney Cruise after all

onecoolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Clearly it is 12002, the Walter E Disney suite. I was in it last week.

Last edited by FJS961; 09-18-2013 at 08:18 PM.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
blueferral
Mouseketeer

I have a DS 5 and 7 no way am I getting a veranda room. We like the porthole deluxe family suites. My DW loves to see the boys sitting on the cushion in the big window looking at well ... what ever they are looking at. I have been mid ship, forward and aft didn't make a difference for us.

DIS DAD #695
blueferral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueferral View Post
I have been mid ship, forward and aft didn't make a difference for us.
Completely agree with that! Just stayed in an 8B down the hall from those mentioned, just a few cabins from the very forward and was so worried the walks would be far. Not at all! Everything is so much closer than it seemed it would be. Your staterooms look great to me! In fact, I am looking at rooms 8034 and 8036, just one deck down, on the Fantasy!

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
closetmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Some have reported noise if staying below the pool deck on 10. It does vary with location. Also if you are seeking two connecting cabins, deck 10 does not always provide connecting verandas even with cabins that connect fwiw.

I would select deck 9 for those reasons; sound and connections, and you'll save a couple dollars too being on deck 9.

Of course if you do you're research on deck 10, and find the right peaceful cabin, and if you need the balconies to connect, that info can be obtained prior to booking theoretically.

Have you seen/read the room reports? Read those nearby too if yours is not available.
9036; http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis....cfm?Room=9036
All; http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

I can't help but feel you need connecting cabins given you gave connecting/adjoining cabin #'s.

9036/38 connecting cabins I feel is a great location just aft of the forward elevator lobby port side. Cabins above and below. There is a small gray unknown are across the hall, but I would not worry about it. It seems too small to worry about.
Of course on deck 10 behind the forward elevators is a huge gray area related to the Adult pool area. I would hope being two decks down that wouldn't have an affect. I'm confident you are gooood.
I can assure you I would never want to be in those inside cabins below the adult pool equipment on 9, just aft of the forward elevators, IMO.

You're good as you are on the outside of the ship, but I would be fascinated in your neighbors opinion across the hall. But of course this info should be in the room reports. Remember, read room reports nearby.

Did I say I love 9036/9038 ? I meant to.

Enjoy

ETA; I noticed a new disclaimer in the Room Reports. I guess someone that read them, then sailed, was a lawyer. lol.

Last edited by Bear3412; 09-19-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #7
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS961 View Post
Clearly it is 12002 .....
I counter. Lol. We prefer 12502. A slightly different configuration.

As if we could ever sail for 4 nights.

Enjoy

ETA; Haha. I set myself up. I'll run with it to spare you all.
That's right, we could only ever sail in 12502 for a few hours. Perhaps that's why they occasionally return to port. Those in the Cat R's credit card maxed out when the tips and excursions posted. LOL. And DCL laughed at the travel insurance, when mentioned. I hate when that happens. It's hard to find goood insurance lately.

Hey, that's why you need not forget about onboard upgrades. Oops, did I just say that?

Last edited by Bear3412; 09-19-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #8
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Bear, I love 12502 (Roy). I liked it on Fantasy a little more than the Dream (see my cabin reviews)

I really liked the bathroom in the Walt on Dream last week.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #9
robhawk
DIS Veteran

I agree with Bear. I would choose deck 9. Should be much quieter!
Of forward, mid, & aft, I think I liked aft the best because a lot less foot traffic!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
seashellmama
Mouseketeer

We were in 10032 last week, a Cat5A. It connects with 10030 (though we did not have both cabins), was very quiet (it's the furthest aft on deck 10 port side that is under cabins, not under the pool deck), and it was *great* to be just one deck below the pool, flo's, drink station, and cabanas, and to be right near the forward elevators, which were (usually) less busy than the midship ones. The midship elevator/stairs were not at all far, either- we would usually walk to those to take the stairs up to deck 11 so we wouldn't be walking the kids through the adult area.
seashellmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: