Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
gee1209
Earning My Ears

Magic kingdom from dolphin. Bus route

We always stay at the Epcot area hotels and will be returning the end of October beginning of November. We always complain about the bus routes and never get them right...does anyone know the route the bus takes to get to magic kingdom. We plan on walking to the last hotel pick up
gee1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

According to this map, it appears the Dolphin is the final stop before heading to MK.

http://www.wdwfocus.com/img/map/wdw-...t-map-full.png

You can click on the map to blow it up.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I stayed at the Dolphin one year, when POR was going thru a refurb and we were mostly the last to be picked up and the last to be dropped off, when it made the YC/BC/BW/Swan/Dolphin run.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I've stayed at BWV many times, the bus route to MK is usually Boardwalk > Swan > Dolphin
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Was at BWV from Sept 3-11. The MK bus went to BW-S-D. We never got on a bus that went to YC/BC. I think they may be tweaking the bus routes over there.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

this is great to know! we are staying at BWV in april and was wondering how the buses went. So technically we could walk to Swan/dolphin and take the bus from there to MK and on the return get off at Swan/Dolphin and walk back to BWV? is it far or easy to walk to?
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

As an alternative, you can take my favorite route of the EPCOT to TTC monorail and then enjoy the boatride over, or the Monorail. I know this is longer but to me there is something even more magical of riding on the Ferry!

Tom
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
this is great to know! we are staying at BWV in april and was wondering how the buses went. So technically we could walk to Swan/dolphin and take the bus from there to MK and on the return get off at Swan/Dolphin and walk back to BWV? is it far or easy to walk to?
Yes, it's an easy, pretty quick walk between BW and S/D. We did that several times when we we've stayed at BWI and BWV. The Swan and Dolphin each have their own bus stops (they share a dock for boat transportation purposes). I really can't recall whether we got off at Swan or Dolphin -- it was whatever one is first. I don't recall walking over there to catch the MK bus; usually just on the drop off on the way back.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It depends on where your villa is located, but most likely it will be a fairly close walk to the Swan/Dolphin. The bridge between BWI and S/D is closer to the villas than to the main resort.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

thanks for the info! we are staying in a studio with a BW view..so no idea if what end its closer to
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you can do this, but I'd actually consider heading down to the BW bus stop if you're going during a popular time. If you walk to the Swan, the bus might get to you without any seats available. It's not really often that I've seen the bus fill up with BW guests, but I have seen it in the morning.

When I took a quick look at Google map distances, it's probably equal if you're at the villa the farthest from the main lobby. Any other one, is probably a smidgen closer to go to the BW bus stop. I don't actually think you'll save much, if any walking, if you get off at the Swan.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

thanks!! we will see how it goes. Less time on a bus makes me feel better I get so motion sick when they are stop and go and turning all over.
DS (14)
Lily
Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
The return bus stops at Boardwalk first.

Quote:
thanks for the info! we are staying in a studio with a BW view..so no idea if what end its closer to
If you are on the end near Jellyrolls, you would be better off using the steps at the end of the hall and walking over to the Swan.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #14
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

A few years ago the bus went to Swan, Dolphin then Boardwalk and many times I would get off at Dolphin and walk back to BWV. Always faster. But after many complaints of full buses arriving at Boardwalk they switch is around so Boardwalk is first. So no reason really to walk over unless you need another quarter mile in your daily steps program on top of the 4 miles in the parks!

35+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The BW is the first stop going to the MK and the first stop returning. You could walk over to the Dolphin in the morning, but you are likely to find a fullish bus at that point.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: