Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Transportation from Disney resort to cruise

I'm sure most of these questions have been asked a million times on this board, but I'll ask anyway.

We're planning our first Disney cruise next May after a trip to WDW. We've arranged our ground transportation through Disney (I know other options are chepaer but we don't want to leave the magic and would prefer to not have to handle our bags).

Right now, our reservations say "airport to cruise" instead of "resort to cruise." What do we need to do to make sure we're on the bus from the resort to the cruise (FWIW, we'll be at BWI)?

Also, I've read that resort bell sevices will arrange to pick up your bags around 8 am? Does this mean we have to be in our room at this time or can we deliver the bags to bell services before 8 am? (the reason I ask is that we're used to having breakfast at around this time).

Finally, when can we expect the bus to arrive to take us to the port? Anyone recently done this from BWI?
Old 09-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I'm sure most of these questions have been asked a million times on this board, but I'll ask anyway.

We're planning our first Disney cruise next May after a trip to WDW. We've arranged our ground transportation through Disney (I know other options are chepaer but we don't want to leave the magic and would prefer to not have to handle our bags).

Right now, our reservations say "airport to cruise" instead of "resort to cruise." What do we need to do to make sure we're on the bus from the resort to the cruise (FWIW, we'll be at BWI)?

Also, I've read that resort bell sevices will arrange to pick up your bags around 8 am? Does this mean we have to be in our room at this time or can we deliver the bags to bell services before 8 am? (the reason I ask is that we're used to having breakfast at around this time).

Finally, when can we expect the bus to arrive to take us to the port? Anyone recently done this from BWI?
Well, you can call DCL to confirm that the "airport to cruise" really means "WDW to cruise".

You will leave the bags you wish to be checked onboard in your room (generally by 8:00 am). They will pick them up from inside your room whether you are there or not.

The DCL transport busses usually pick up in the 11:30-12:30 window. Although, rarely, they have been a little earlier or a little later.

You will receive an information letter telling you what time to present yourself at the DCL transportation desk at your resort. Each bus may make up to 3 stops or just pick up at one resort(depending on how many people are going from any given resort).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Cptnkirky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post

Call dcl and have it changed. They are 2 different things and you want to make sure you are on the right list so you get your pickup info at the resort.

Cast Member 2003-2009
BCV May 2014
AoA/DCLF Oct 2013
ASM/SSR June 2012
PQRS Aug 2011
VWL May 2010
SSR Sept 2009
POR June 2009
AKL May 2009
SSR Aug 2008
VBR March 2008
CSR Feb 2007
and many more.... CBR, POFQ, etc, etc, etc...
Cptnkirky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: