Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
jl234
Earning My Ears

Check the flight status history. There are places like Flight Stats that will tell you how your flights average on delays. Hopefully this helps a little.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...tingByRoute.do
jl234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskayla View Post
People are going to post when things go bad. Not the hundreds of times that everything was just fine. I fly regularly (like once a week) and way more times then not I arrive at the exact time I am supposed to arrive. Just thought I would add to the discussion!
Well, yes you have a point there. I did mention that our luggage woes were in 2005. No one really wants to hear about the routine flights we've taken since then.
Also certain vacations I can be very flexible, others not so much. For example, 2 weeks ago we flew to MCO for a long weekend in WDW. Our flight was scheduled for 5:25pm so we picked up the kids directly from school, then headed for the airport. We departed on time and while it was a direct flight, it wasn't non-stop. We landed ahead of schedule in Nashville to fuel & pick up more passengers. There was some delay in waiting for the fuel truck to arrive. Since the trucks aren't owned by SWA, there wasn't much they could but wait for it. The pilot came on the PA a few times to keep us aware of the delay.
So we ended up arriving in MCO at around 10:30pm instead of 9:45pm. Did I really care? No. Our only plan for the night was to take ME to AKL and go to bed. It wouldn't really have mattered if our plane didn't land until midnight.

When it comes to cruising, you can't be so flexible. You're either on the ship when it's time to sail, or it sails without you. Even if you only missed it by 15 mins, you still missed it.

I recall last winter a poster from Canada who missed their cruise due to snow back home despite having plans to fly down the am of the day before. Luckily he had insurance but was still bummed out & never even got to leave Canada. Nothing is a guarantee you'll get there, even if driving, but all you can do is minimize the risk as best you can.
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
gotomu212
Mouseketeer

I fly a lot and though not a fail safe, I do find that early morning flights are typically more on time than others (sounds like yours are early since you have connections and are still getting to Miami early in he day). Flights are like dominos so when something does become a prolem it ripples through the system for the rest of the day. Morning flights avoid some of that ripple plus crews are usually not coming in off another flight, the planes has been there overnight, severe weather is less of a problem....
gotomu212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: