Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #31
emmedancer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleskid View Post
Are you planning anything for the cruise out past the port Canaveral webcam? We watch it every Saturday afternoon at 5pm. Whoever operates the cam loves banners. We had our Mickey gloves on waving from our verandah on 9/7. It was exciting watching before our cruise, now it's sad watching knowing our cruise is over. We wish we were going with you guys! We will be watching the webcam on Saturday after we get home from Nashville!
I did think about making a poster, maybe I will if I have extra room in my luggage. I always stand on that side of the boat when we are sailing away, so I'm sure you will see me if you watch! Just a heads up, the fantasy pulled out around 4:30 eastern last week, wouldn't want you to miss it! We are on deck 12 forward, in the concierge section, so if you see someone on a verandah there waving it's most likely me! hopefully you'll have another cruise in the future. There's nothing like planning for the next one!
__________________

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #32
emmedancer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 45

Quick Update

Just a quick post here. It's almost time to leave with only three days to go until we fly down to MCO! I decided to bring a little bag of goodies along to pass out to anyone and everyone. I got a HUGE bag of dumdums and tied them together in threes with ribbon. I plan on giving them out at the airport to the flight attendants and maybe some to some random kids, or even just someone who looks like they are having a bad day. I'll be saving some for our concierge hosts, the workers at the port, kids counselors, waiters, and more. 120 random acts of kindness will be happening next week. I'm almost packed and ready to set sail!



Sorry for the poor quality picture, but I just thought I would share!
__________________

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
DVC'96
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 351

You are very thoughtful, making those little gifts. I hope you and your parents have a great trip!
__________________
Diane
DVC'96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #34
napleskid
Earning My Ears
 
napleskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 22

The dumdums are a cool idea! I tried to get my DGF to make a banner, but she refused, so we just brought mickey gloves! I take it you are on the starboard side, we were in 12524. Say hi to our room, and say hi from Brian & Melissa to Stevonnie (Jamaica) if she is your stateroom hostess. She was super and funny as well. She has that dry sense of humor I have, so we got along. I noticed that the ship left early last week, so we will be watching for you. BTW, I know you said you guys don't really do the shows, but John Charles did an entire show one night in the theater. I know you have cruised many times before, so you have probably already seen him, so you wouldn't need to see him again (same show). But if you have never seen him, you should! And ask Julia (Concierge Hostess) for popcorn to take down with you.
__________________
Brian


napleskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
napleskid
Earning My Ears
 
napleskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 22

Oh, I forgot to mention... If your family is travelling back out of MCO, get there plenty early. We had a horrible delay going through security in the Delta terminal. It ate up all our planned airport meal we were going to have. It was on Monday about 5-6pm.
__________________
Brian


napleskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #36
emmedancer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleskid View Post
The dumdums are a cool idea! I tried to get my DGF to make a banner, but she refused, so we just brought mickey gloves! I take it you are on the starboard side, we were in 12524. Say hi to our room, and say hi from Brian & Melissa to Stevonnie (Jamaica) if she is your stateroom hostess. She was super and funny as well. She has that dry sense of humor I have, so we got along. I noticed that the ship left early last week, so we will be watching for you. BTW, I know you said you guys don't really do the shows, but John Charles did an entire show one night in the theater. I know you have cruised many times before, so you have probably already seen him, so you wouldn't need to see him again (same show). But if you have never seen him, you should! And ask Julia (Concierge Hostess) for popcorn to take down with you.
We will have to check that show out. Our most recent cruises have been 4 nights and I don't remember much of the few when I was younger. I'm pretty much up for anything I haven't seen yet so that will probably end up on our itinerary. Thanks for the advice. We are in 12506 so we will pass your room!! I'll definitely say hello to stevonnie for you both (and probably give her some candy!)
__________________

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #37
napleskid
Earning My Ears
 
napleskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 22

12506 is the best 00T suite on the ship! You will enjoy the oversized verandah! If anybody can tell you, can you find out the brand name of the rain shower heads in the suites? I found myself spending too much of my cruise time under that shower. It is one of the best perks on the ship! Also, see if you can find out the name of the espresso maker in the lounge. I think I wore the machine out! I know they use illy brand espresso in it. Also, don't forget to download the Disney Fantasy navigator app for your smartphone before the ship leaves the port. Our cruise was the first test of the app, hopefully they will still be testing it on your cruise.

Smooth seas...
__________________
Brian


napleskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #38
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby
 
Princess Michelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Lutz, Fla.,U.S.A
Posts: 18,620

Have a great trip, Emme! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!
__________________


11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #39
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway
 
LITTLEKID58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 2,596

Subbing as we are in concierge on Nov 30 can't wait to read your report...
__________________
LITTLEKID58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #40
emmedancer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleskid View Post
12506 is the best 00T suite on the ship! You will enjoy the oversized verandah! If anybody can tell you, can you find out the brand name of the rain shower heads in the suites? I found myself spending too much of my cruise time under that shower. It is one of the best perks on the ship! Also, see if you can find out the name of the espresso maker in the lounge. I think I wore the machine out! I know they use illy brand espresso in it. Also, don't forget to download the Disney Fantasy navigator app for your smartphone before the ship leaves the port. Our cruise was the first test of the app, hopefully they will still be testing it on your cruise.

Smooth seas...
I will try to find that out for you! They are in fact testing the app on our sailing, so I have it downloaded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michelle View Post
Have a great trip, Emme! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEKID58 View Post
Subbing as we are in concierge on Nov 30 can't wait to read your report...
Thanks for joining in! Hoping I'll have so good info for you all when I get back!
__________________

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
emmedancer
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 45

Day 1:Travel

Today is the day!! We are leaving for the airport in a few hours and will arrive at MCO tonight. We used to fly down the day of until we had an unfortunate situation where my dad missed our flight and had to charter a plane down to get on the boat in time. He made it with 10 minutes to spare So we now fly down the night before to avoid that ever happening ever again. It was a pretty traumatic experience as a young kid, hahaha. Although I love flying, I am not looking forward to the flight today. It will be fairly short compared to the almost twice a month flights we took from California to Tennessee and back last year. I often end up like this on flights.. so fingers crossed I can get the aisle seat. Anyway we will be staying at the hotel in the airport tonight and having a car service take us to port tomorrow morning. I am not sure which service as of right now, but I will post that when I get back. Our PAT is 11:00, but we will probably get there early like usual. I will post all about our lovely trip when we get back on the 13th.

P.S. I think we are going to go to Magic Kingdom on saturday the 12th after we get off the boat, but I'm not sure. My parents haven't said anything, but I saw a MK map and 'itinerary' of sorts. They left it on the counter so technically it wasn't snooping

Hoping and praying for all these tropical storms to go away, and for calm seas as my mom get seasick quite easily. And BIG TIME praying that they let me stay in Vibe for the remaining three days of my cruise when I will be 18. I was told I would be able to, but I know they have new policies now so I guess we will see.
__________________

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #42
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!
 
JoiseyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Joisey
Posts: 7,150

Enjoy your trip and tell Stevonnie Merryl says hi, and tell Julia and Kemisha I say hi, and thanks for our wonderful week with them!

You are going to love Stevonnie, she is the best room hostess we have ever had!

Just a heads up. I have read that once you turn 18, they will not let you into vibe anymore. Just try to keep that in mind.
__________________
1973 Dec - First trip, off site. 1978 June - Senior trip for High School; 1980 Summer - Quick off site w/ college friends; 1998 January - January First Onsite Family Trip CBR
2001/2 Dec/Jan - First family Poly trip; 2003/4 Dec/Jan - Extended Family Trip Rented 4 bed house
2004 August - My surprise trip (no kids)!!! Pop/Poly/GF/AKL; 2004 Nov - Jersey Week AKL & Timeshare
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #43
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,093

Have a great trip!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #44
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran
 
PaDisneyCouple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmedancer View Post
Today is the day!! We are leaving for the airport in a few hours and will arrive at MCO tonight. We used to fly down the day of until we had an unfortunate situation where my dad missed our flight and had to charter a plane down to get on the boat in time. He made it with 10 minutes to spare So we now fly down the night before to avoid that ever happening ever again. It was a pretty traumatic experience as a young kid, hahaha. Although I love flying, I am not looking forward to the flight today. It will be fairly short compared to the almost twice a month flights we took from California to Tennessee and back last year. I often end up like this on flights.. so fingers crossed I can get the aisle seat. Anyway we will be staying at the hotel in the airport tonight and having a car service take us to port tomorrow morning. I am not sure which service as of right now, but I will post that when I get back. Our PAT is 11:00, but we will probably get there early like usual. I will post all about our lovely trip when we get back on the 13th.

P.S. I think we are going to go to Magic Kingdom on saturday the 12th after we get off the boat, but I'm not sure. My parents haven't said anything, but I saw a MK map and 'itinerary' of sorts. They left it on the counter so technically it wasn't snooping

Hoping and praying for all these tropical storms to go away, and for calm seas as my mom get seasick quite easily. And BIG TIME praying that they let me stay in Vibe for the remaining three days of my cruise when I will be 18. I was told I would be able to, but I know they have new policies now so I guess we will see.
Have fun! We've stayed in the Hyatt a few times, and like it a lot. Always fun at baggage claim to say to the wife, "well, let's go back upstairs". Try McCoy's for dinner!
__________________
Sean & Christine & Max the Greyhound
10/96 off site pre-Honeymoon 10/97 BC Honeymoon 9/01 BC 9/03 BC 10/05 AKL & DCL 4-night
10/06 CR Fall Getaway 10/07 AKL & 7-night Eastern 10/08 7-night Double Dippin' 9/09 BC with Free Dining
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

PaDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #45
napleskid
Earning My Ears
 
napleskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 22

emme - here is a shot of you guys leaving the port as you turned out to sea at 5:19pm. Such a grand, beautiful ship - hope you and family are having a blast!

__________________
Brian


napleskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.