Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #61
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
David, The Rumor is that the Fantasy may be doing the Eastern itineraries and the Magic may be doing the Western itineraries. Personally, I hope that it is not the case but there's some evidence that suggests that it will be.
I hope it is the other way around. I want to try Eastern C and also want to check out the refurbished Magic......

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #62
AVS10787
Earning My Ears

Keeping fingers crossed for a Hawaii itinerary, missed out last year :-(
AVS10787 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #63
darwinsrule
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls
DW and I too are anxiously awaiting Disney's announcement for 2015. Anyone think Disney may alter the Fantasy's itinerary any? Say, throw in some new islands to visit, or a 10 / 11 / 12 day cruises every now and then?
There have been reports out of the BVI that have been picked up by others that DCL and NCL are in negotiations for space in Tortola. Carnival pulled out and cancelled stops effective next June when the government couldn't commit to space for them in 2015 so fingers crossed.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD9 DD5
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #64
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
I hope it is the other way around. I want to try Eastern C and also want to check out the refurbished Magic......
LOL. I'm just the opposite. My family wants to experience the Fantasy but they're all sold on the Western Itinerary. I'm really torn if this comes to pass!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #65
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinsrule View Post
There have been reports out of the BVI that have been picked up by others that DCL and NCL are in negotiations for space in Tortola. Carnival pulled out and cancelled stops effective next June when the government couldn't commit to space for them in 2015 so fingers crossed.
My understanding was that Tortola's port expansion was being helped by DCL and NCL. But then this apparently has been put on hold. So who knows what would then happen.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #66
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
We're the opposite - have yet to do the Western but want to sail the Fantasy again!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #67
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

While you easterners argue about which ship will go east or west, how about we get a ship out west. We can support it, just not the same old Mexico Cruise all winter long. Get creative DCL. You do not need to have four ships sailing out of Florida.
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #68
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
While you easterners argue about which ship will go east or west, how about we get a ship out west. We can support it, just not the same old Mexico Cruise all winter long. Get creative DCL. You do not need to have four ships sailing out of Florida.
It likely won't happen, unfortunately.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #69
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
David,

The Rumor is that the Fantasy may be doing the Eastern itineraries and the Magic may be doing the Western itineraries. Personally, I hope that it is not the case but there's some evidence that suggests that it will be.
Say it ain't so!!! I sure hope not too!!! But, we do want to get back on the Magic after her re-imagined make-over................................so maybe.............................................

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #70
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinsrule View Post
Tortola would be nice for a change. Something to possibly look forward to.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #71
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

during our August cruise on the Fantasy, when i was at the future reservations desk, i politely complained how the Southern Carribean itineraries were all when kids are in school (Sept)...the lady helping me said, "when the 2015 dates comes out there will be family friendly southern carib itinerary dates!"
Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #72
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
during our August cruise on the Fantasy, when i was at the future reservations desk, i politely complained how the Southern Carribean itineraries were all when kids are in school (Sept)...the lady helping me said, "when the 2015 dates comes out there will be family friendly southern carib itinerary dates!"
That would be nice!!! We had a Southern Carribean booked back in 2010, I think it was, and ended up changing to a Med cruise...I never thought I'd have to wait 5 years to rebook the SC itinerary!
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #73
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

I heard from a patient's mom who heard from her friend whose cousin heard from her WDW bus driver that the DCL 2015 schedule will be released in January, 2014. So I would pretty much count on that.
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #74
wencherous
Mouseketeer

Ugh, I'm so not patient enough!
I was just talking to DH and we've already determined that we want either the Magic or Wonder out of PC, now to see what they offer.

Why, DCL, why make us wait sooo long?!
wencherous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #75
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencherous View Post
Ugh, I'm so not patient enough! I was just talking to DH and we've already determined that we want either the Magic or Wonder out of PC, now to see what they offer. Why, DCL, why make us wait sooo long?!
Yeah I know what you mean it would have been better early Oct than Dec. I don't have a lot of extra money just before Christmas for a deposit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: