Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #31
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
I too, agree with you 100% about all of the points you make. The slide was completely out of the way and a complete pain to get to. I hated walking in a bathing suit away from the hotel across that walkway. The entire pool area seemed like one big maze. You had to walk over bridges and up and down stairs to get from the kiddie pool to the regular pool. I have two kids, 7 and 4, and it was more stressful than relaxing. The only positive was the good poolside waitress service.
I want to stay at the BC so bad but I can't with SAB. It would be too much of a hassle. DS likes the slides but I would be way too nervous to let him go over to the slides by himself. I don't get on the slides because I am a scaredy cat but maybe one day when we are traveling with others.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #32
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

THis will be our 6th summer in a row...we love it at SAB! My DD14 loves it and so do we! I try stying other places a night or two but couldn't fathom being away from SAB any more than that...

scottmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #33
Spoiledraf
Mouseketeer

We love SAB for the zero entry sand bottom area for our grand kids. It's shallow and gives the kids someplace to play in water without a life jacket and minimal oversight. And the kids ( 1, 5, 6 and 9 ) love it too. I don't care much for the slide and actually haven't used it for a number of years. But we'll be back this year without the kids.
Spoiledraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #34
Calcium
Earning My Ears

We're going in July 2014 my DH DS DD DD and myself it wasn't the SAB that we went for it was the price compared to all the other resorts, inc flights from the UK with one 12yr old. But the kids do love the look of the pool, so we will give it a try even though our main choice is the water parks.
Calcium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #35
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
We are staying there for the first time in November. It is not the main reason we are staying there (location!) but we are really excited to try it out. I have to say though, Blizzard Beach seems like it would be much more work and walking.
Oh yeah, it is more work and walking. But we found it also more fun, so more worth the work. My point was that if someone is looking at BC because of SAB for an enhanced water experience, they might also just want think about going to the waterparks instead.

I still loved BC, the location is amazing!!! Being so close to World Showcase/Epcot, and it's such a pretty walk and just being able to stroll home after Illuminations, awesome!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
I would much prefer a regular pool. I think with older children it might be more fun.
Have you stayed at BW? That's a good choice for you IMO. But leave SAB the way it is-those kids indeed do get older, and way too fast IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
Oh yeah, it is more work and walking. But we found it also more fun, so more worth the work. My point was that if someone is looking at BC because of SAB for an enhanced water experience, they might also just want think about going to the waterparks instead.

I still loved BC, the location is amazing!!! Being so close to World Showcase/Epcot, and it's such a pretty walk and just being able to stroll home after Illuminations, awesome!
I will agree in principle that if you could "swap" SAB with OKW's pool for example-I would still stay at BC and not OKW. Would be super sad, but location is first for us.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #37
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We thought SAB was nice and I'm glad we were able to try it, but there are other resort pools we like better that are easier to navigate (and don't get as crowded).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Hate the beach club.
Like the yacht club.
Love SAB.
bwifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #39
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I don't know, I've stayed twice,and we love SAB.... to each their own....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #40
missbrooke06
Mouseketeer

Our biggest regret about our BC stay is that it was too cold for SAB. We're going back there in 2015 (mainly because we love the location).
missbrooke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #41
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

My family thought it was overrated as well. We stayed there late last year, and all of us were looking forward to the pool, but it never really lived up to our expectations. The staff was fantastic and we were picked as the family of the day one day, so we made great memories, but we won't be going back.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #42
TJA
DIS Veteran

My kids still love SAB (now age 10) but I loved it more when they were toddlers. That section that is shallow water and sandy bottom was an incredible amount of fun for us probably when the kids were ages 1 through 4. We sometimes spent an entire day there. Then when the kids became somewhat good swimmers, maybe ages 5 through 7, it became a little more challenging because they were interested in the other parts of SAB too. So we were constantly moving to different chairs/locations and it was kind of a hassle. Now my kids are older and we just stay in the "big kid" section and it's fine. They love it I think because it is so large and spread out -- they never get bored. At other Disney resorts, they tend to get bored after a while, but never at SAB.
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #43
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Our only complaint with SAB is that we couldn't get the boys out of there. They also wanted to stay up late every night to play volleyball and then wouldn't get up for RD. Of course the kids are older......
Old 09-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #44
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

We love SAB, but we don't have kids with us usually, so that may be a hassle depending on their age.

OP, Sorry you didn't like it. I hope your trip was fantastic anyway.

We are hard core BC/YC fans, so biased. But it sure is common to hear (on DIS and generally) complaints that the resort, and SAB, are too spread out, and confusing.

When we recommend BC/YC to friends and family, we emphaisize that a walkabout to explore is essential. Otherwise I can see it might be too confusing or you'd miss fun features.
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #45
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

My husband and I are fans of SAB, we have been during 2 different stays June 2009 & June 2013. It is beautiful def a thumbs up for us. But we also did a week at BLT after our week at BCV June 2013 and I thought our kids would think the pool at BLT was lame after SAB, BUT NO! They love Bay Cove Pool better! Who would have know! I still prefer SAB

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: