Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #1036
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

We are still cruising the Med on the Magic and while we are having a fun time, I have to admit that the Magic comes in last in our ranking of the Disney vessels.
They STILL have not completely solved the “pipe” problems. First purchase in our first port of call – airfreshener, as the bathroom has a faint sewer smell – we are on deck 7, friends on deck 2 have the same problem. We already had a leaking air conditioner and Ellen, brace yourself, they ran out of Moet Ice. Well, not only the Moet Ice, but the Taittinger Rose and the Moet Imperial as well. They ran out of O’Gill’s beer and several other things, even though they are happily selling the O’Gill’s mugs. The only English/Irish beer comes in a can.
We are giving the Magic another shot in March, when we are sailing a Western Caribbean, but otherwise we will happily stick with the newer ships.

This is not happy news for me. We may be carrying on more than planned so it is helpful. I had forgotten about air freshener, I've packed it twice and never needed it but need to add it to my list. We are on deck 7 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Rant over, just wanted to share a few impressions of our vacation too.

Barcelona:

Villefranche:

La Spezia (Cinque Terre):

Rome:

Athens:

Kusadasi:

Going to Mykonos tomorrow.
We will be home for just three days starting on August 8, then off to Paris (DLP, that is…..) for another ten nights. Hope to be able to update SOON!!!!!!!!!!

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #1037
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

The wait is over ..............

I started my newest trip report!

We're out of it! A summer 2014 "MAGICal" Med adventure
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2014, 03:46 AM   #1038
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hey, I bet you would not have thought that I would ever come back to finish this baby.

But I am determined to. So here we go with replies and hopefully an update or two this weekend .........
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 10-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #1039
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Sounds like a lovely dinner at Palo!! It's funny that in your starter you can only see the tomato, no mozzarella. I guess it was hidden inside?

It was a really relaxed dinner. And yes, the mozzarella is underneath the "tomato flower". I loved the way they presented it.

How nice of you to make your server so happy with the Nutella!
It's funny how most of the European CM miss their sweets. We would never have thought of Nutella, but even Ana, our Dream server had asked for it when we cruised with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Updates !! All the food looked wonderful as always, Nutella seems to be very popular with the Cruise staff!!!
Thank you, Rosie!
Palo is always a treat. It comes pretty close to real Italian food.
CM are not allowed to bring Nutella on board as it is considered "dairy" but guests may bring it. So why not "spread" a little happiness between the CM who make so many guests happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Dinner looks like it was quite good!

It was great.

I think you chose perfectly how to end your evening. How relaxing to just sit on your own veranda and watch the fireworks. PERFECT!
It was one of the best ideas ever. No crowds and we got to experience the best part, the amazing fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That meal at Palo looks so scrumptious. I wish that my next visit to Palo was coming up sooner! That chocolate souffle is my favorite!

Isn't that souffle just out of this world chocolatey goodness.

I would much rather enjoy the fireworks in private on the verandah than fight the crowds at the party. Great way to end the evening.
We were pretty happy with our decision in the end. Nothing better than sit on the veranda with a nice beverage and enjoy the pleasures of this cruise.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #1040
NOKA06
Earning My Ears

YAY!!!! We'll be right here waiting!!!
NOKA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #1041
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Karin!

How funny that, after all this time, we somehow both have our TRs corresponding to the exact same time - end of Pirate Night! I can't believe it! And I am very amused at how TOTALLY different our Pirate Day/Night was. No wonder we didn't run into each other on this day!

Okay, and since it has been a long time since you have posted this, you are already done with your TR, while I still need to wrap up 16 days of our 2013 vacation.

And I am still amazed by the fact that even though we were on the same deck we never ran into each other.

Your Palo meal looks so good, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

We enjoyed Palo as always. It is such a nice change from the MDR.

I love all the magic you make for the CMs. It's so thoughtful of you!
It's just a bit of payback time. They make our trip extra special, so why not give a little bit of pixiedust back to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
Once again, I'm behind All caught up again now though....

My turn to say I am way behind updating ........

Your mosquito report gave me a smile. Not because of the amount of them but because we live in what is affectionately known as mosquito territory. We can't go outdoors right now without having them swarm around us. Even my early morning walks are awful - I literally have to wave my arms in front of me as I walk to part the mosquito - otherwise you end up with them in your hair, clothes mouth

Yikes! That would be a reason for me to MOVE!!! Mosquitos seem to like the taste of my blood, as I always get bitten, no matter how much of that repellent I apply.

Once again I love all your pictures. Food of course, but also the beach, fireworks, quiet areas around the ship. Just beautiful
I am glad you like the photos. And the fireworks were just awesome from our balcony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKA06 View Post
YAY!!!! We'll be right here waiting!!!
I am getting there, it is looking good for an update this weekend.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #1042
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #1043
bethnmike2002
Mouseketeer

too funny, i just found this thread today and I was looking for the end of the trip. And now...all I have to do is wait for you to post it

WDW Fairytale Wedding 1/20/2002
DCL - 3 Day 1/2002
DCL - 7 Day Eastern 1/2003
DCL - 7 Day Western 5/2005
WL - 1/2012
DCL - 7 Day Mexican Riviera 1/15/2012
DVC Member since 2002
WDW AP Holder 2001-2014
Too many WDW visits to count
"Been there, done that, GOING BACK!"
Taking our first trip to the Dark Side 8/2014
bethnmike2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #1044
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethnmike2002 View Post
too funny, i just found this thread today and I was looking for the end of the trip. And now...all I have to do is wait for you to post it
to last year's TR!
I just finished an update and will post it tomorrow - it is past 11pm here and I am pretty tired.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:24 AM   #1045
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 16, August 22

A „relaxing“, fun filled day at sea - Part 1

Today we were able to sleep in a bit, so we only got out of bed at around 8am, then took showers and got dressed. We started to sort out things and packing away FE gifts.

At around 9.45 we got ready to head upstairs to Palo again. We arrived about 5 minutes early and were asked to have a seat in Meridian. There was just enough time to find a seat and sit down when they started to seat people again.
We were happy to see Ophelie’s smiling face again and were quickly led to a window table. Then she left us for a minute to exchange the white napkins for black ones and when she returned she took us for a tour of the buffet. We have been to Palo brunch so often that we have the feeling we could give the tour ourselves, but we let her explain all the goodies again.

Then at the end of the tour she asked if we wanted some coffee or tea, or if we would like some water and if we wanted a Mimosa or some Prosecco. We both opted for the Prosecco and were handed some plates to fill with brunch goodies. We did as we were told and loaded quite a few yummy items onto our plates

before we returned to our table where water and Prosecco were already waiting for us.

Ophelie came by and had a look at our plates and was pleased to see that we had filled them rather full.

To be continued ............

Old 10-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #1046
Teri1
DIS Veteran

You are making me so hungry for the Palo Brunch!
Old 10-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #1047
NOKA06
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great updates Karin! We're breathlessly waiting for the next ones. Can you tell we're ready for our next Disney trip to start?(Aulani in May) Noah and Karen
NOKA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #1048
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
You are making me so hungry for the Palo Brunch!
Then I have done well! Can't wait to indulge in it again too! Especially on the cruise we are going to sail together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKA06 View Post
Thanks for all the great updates Karin! We're breathlessly waiting for the next ones. Can you tell we're ready for our next Disney trip to start?(Aulani in May) Noah and Karen
You are very welcome! I really need to get a move on here. I have only managed to post about half of our vacation. Lots more to come.

Wow! A trip to Aulani! So jealous! We did think about it, but flights to Hawaii from Europe in high season are just SO expensive, so it is not in the cards for us.
I hope you come back with a lot of pics to share.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #1050
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

No! You'd think I would have learned by now to never, ever check your TR's before lunch time. This always happens! I haven't eaten yet and you post pictures of the delicious Palo Brunch offerings

Now off to eat my crappy half a ham sandwich

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: