Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2014, 11:58 PM   #931
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARIN!

Tom, thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-12-2014, 03:30 PM   #932
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK That's funny!

The rest of your meal looks wonderful! I just have to ask - Did Tom lick the plate?
It was so funny to see him place the plate in front of Tom. He (the server) stayed dead serious, while we burst into laughter.

And no, unfortunately he did not lick the plate - it would have made for one fun photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Luckily I had finished dinner before I read your latest update so I wasn't hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Too bad Costa Maya was a little underwhelming, but you two always manage to have a nice day, anyway! Dinner looks wonderful! I guess Tom's dessert wasn't too filling!
I won't miss Costa Maya on our next few sailings. Just not my cup of tea. But we enjoyed some time on board instead.
Dinner was yummy and NO, Tom's dessert didn't fill him up, but we shed a few calories laughing really hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great update!
I'm not a fan of Whisky so have never tried that session but Meridian is such a lovely location for an after dinner drink
I kind of enjoy a good Whisky and it was fun to hear more about the different kinds. They were all quite different and I remember I liked three of them quite a lot (and finished them). The rest went over to Tom.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2014, 02:55 AM   #933
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I've been remiss in posting on your TR! Costa Maya always sounded like such an exciting and exotic part, but not so much from your description! Glad you found a way to make servers stop pressuring you for shots.

It might have been different had we booked an excursion, but from TRs and google earth it looked easy to tackle on our own. Well, it kind of was, as there was not much to see!
Senor Frogs - a whole other ball game. Boy, did get under my skin with their selling tactics.

Nothing for dessert was really cute!
It was really cute when he brought it out, but it was so funny, as the server stayed totally in character and would not even blink, while we both burst into laughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We did the whiskey tasting. It consisted of me taking the tiniest sip, pulling a face, handing my glass to Mike who then drank his and mine. No idea how he was able to walk after!
I do enjoy some Whiskey. And I really liked three of the offerings, the rest of it, like yours, after a little sip went right over to Tom.
But it was very interesting to hear all about how they are made and the little differences in the different kinds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Karin! Catching up over here too…..

Yeah! I so know how it feels.

Ahh - another Royal Court lunch - love those!!!

What awesome pictures you got of Dumbo on the ship!

Your pics of Costa Maya are beautiful - fun to see since we didn’t get off the ship! Too bad everything interesting was closed. And Senor Frog’s does NOT sound fun.

It was a lovely view from the tower, but otherwise you did not miss much.

Your dinner looks great - too bad you were too full to really enjoy it. Common problem on DCL, right?!

I think, if you are NOT feeling full, then you are NOT on a cruise. Too many yummy choices.

I have just GOT to make the time to do at least one tasting the next time we sail. They always look and sound so fun. I always forget about signing up for one on the first day.

Do the Champagne tasting - it is SO nice and always during the day, so Willow can have fun at the clubs while you enjoy some bubbly.

When are you doing your 2015 summer vacation? I can’t see the bottom of your ticker. I’m curious whether we will be there at the same time again.
2015: So far we are planning on arriving on Aug 15th. I guess we will stay "low key" (Pop or POR) for the first few days, then try to get into a one bedroom (as we will need to do laundry before the cruise) for 2 or 3 nights. We will board the Fantasy on Aug 22nd for a Western Caribbean and stay on or the next round on Aug 29th for an Eastern Caribbean. On September 5th we will head to WDW for a week, hopefully staying at OKW.
So, when are you going to be there and where are you going to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Karin, I hope you and Tom have a great time in Italy!

We DID! Even though the weather did not cooperate as much as I would have liked, but it was fun and relaxing.

Don't worry about us, we will be fine for a few days. We will be right here waiting for you when you get back.
Thanks for being so patient. I really wanted to get right onto the boards when we got back, but there was so much to catch up on that it took me a long time - nearly two weeks to get back to my usual routine and updating again.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 05-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #934
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Have a fabulous trip to Italy!!

Thank you! We had a lovely time.

Your meal actually looked quite delicious! The blue cheese polenta looked yum! Reminds me of something at last year's F&W festival at Epcot actually...

It was a really good meal. And I was glad I chose the polenta in the end. It was really good.

And a whiskey tasting right before bed sounds fun -- and like the perfect recipe for a good night's sleep!
We both slept like babies after all that food and the "night-cup".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Have a wonderful trip to Italy!
Thank you, Linda! It was a great weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I have been trying to get caught back up on dis and opened your report to see you had an update. THEN I realized you had an update with food pics. I had to close it. I had yet to have dinner... it would have been torture.

Ann, you should know that there are always food pics lurking in my reports. It's the way we roll.

I ate my dinner (which ended up on only filling me but completely got rid of my appetite because it was HORRID food - we ordered a pizza with ground beef on it and I got an oversized chunk of meat on it that was completely raw and mooshy. ) Now I was able to get through your update without feeling hungry.

Okay, pizza with ground beef that is raw and mush - yuck! But you are right, if it took your mind off of being hungry then it was the "right" thing.

Although... that bread pudding actually still might tempt me if it were here. YUM!!

OMG - that was really great bread pudding. I just loved it.

And as for Tom getting NOTHING...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The Italian goodies look so good, I want some!

Your ship meals looked good also.
We had some awesome food while in Italy and DCL never fails to deliver yum yum food either.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #935
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG! It's Wicket's Mom who has been MIA forever!

Quote:
Have an awesome time in Italy!

Thank you, Mary Ellen, we did have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
If you think Mexico is bad about bartering, don't go to Jamaica! It is much worse than Mexico. People kept pulling me into shops & led me down twisting alleyways. The bargaining doesn't bother me since I do a lot of flea market shopping.
Yikes! You scare me, Doris. We are going to Falmouth the summer of 2015!!! I really don't need another "Mexico experience".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
How cute that they still send out 'Nothing'! They leave no one out don't they?

It was so funny, especially since our server kept such a straight face.

What a fantastic towel dinosaur!

Cute, wasn't it? Raj had such great towel animals in his repertoire.

Did the whiskey taste good? I don't think you mentioned it. Something you would do again?

I really liked three of the whiskeys. One was a bit "harsh" so Tom got to "enjoy" it. And since no two tastings are ever the same, YES, I would do it again.

And I know i've told you already, but hope you had such a fun time in Italy over the weekend!
Thank you! We really enjoyed the short break, even if the weather did not cooperate too much.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #936
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Happy Birthday Karin!

I'm a little late, but glad to see that I didn't miss a whole lot while I was away on vacation!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #937
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Okay I am full. LOL.
Cute dinosaur.
Yeah, you are no longer hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinemouse View Post
Happy Birthday

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
Happy Birthday!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Happy Birthday!

Jill in CO
Thank you!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #938
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARIN!

Tom, thanks for the heads up!
Thank you!

Quote:
Happy Birthday Karin!

I'm a little late, but glad to see that I didn't miss a whole lot while I was away on vacation!
Thank you!

Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Where did you go?

Old 05-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #939
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thank you!

Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Where did you go?
We went on a Southwestern Roadtrip. Most of the "Destinations" were in Utah, but we drove through Arizona and Nevada on the way there and back.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #940
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We went on a Southwestern Roadtrip. Most of the "Destinations" were in Utah, but we drove through Arizona and Nevada on the way there and back.
Thanks, that was a quick reply! Now, that sounds like a great trip. Utah - Monument Valley, Arizona - Grand Canyon and Nevada - Las Vegas come to mind - I feel HOMESICK!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #941
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Oh goodness i'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Karin, do you have a Facebook?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #942
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thanks, that was a quick reply! Now, that sounds like a great trip. Utah - Monument Valley, Arizona - Grand Canyon and Nevada - Las Vegas come to mind - I feel HOMESICK!!!!!!!!
We skipped the Grand Canyon, but did Bryce and Zion instead. Monument Valley was spectacular! We stopped overnight in Laughlin (way there) and Las Vegas (way back) so we had two nights for gambling!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #943
slykrab
Mouseketeer

Hi! I just discovered this TR yesterday, and now my Fiancé and I are going through it together, one part at a time (or as I call it, one "episode" at a time - this is better than watching TV!!!).

We're going to cruise on the Fantasy for our honeymoon in October and we can't wait! Thanks for writing such a great TR!

slykrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 PM   #944
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I missed your Birthday, Karin! Hope it was wonderful!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #945
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh goodness i'm late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Karin, do you have a Facebook?
You're not late. There was a lot going on and I am happy you came by today.

Quote:
We skipped the Grand Canyon, but did Bryce and Zion instead. Monument Valley was spectacular! We stopped overnight in Laughlin (way there) and Las Vegas (way back) so we had two nights for gambling!
We have been to Bryce, but skipped Zion. We both loved Monument Valley - it was really spectacular. We joined one of those Jeep tours and it was, well, "something else".
How awesome that you were able to fit in two gambling nights as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slykrab View Post
Hi! I just discovered this TR yesterday, and now my Fiancé and I are going through it together, one part at a time (or as I call it, one "episode" at a time - this is better than watching TV!!!).

We're going to cruise on the Fantasy for our honeymoon in October and we can't wait! Thanks for writing such a great TR!
Welcome!
I am very happy to hear that you enjoy the TR. You picked a great ship for your honeymoon. The Fantasy is beautiful.

And it looks like I definitely need to get a move on with updating. I hope that I will get an update or two out this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I missed your Birthday, Karin! Hope it was wonderful!
Tammie, no problem being a little late for my birthday. It was a really nice and relaxed weekend.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: