Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2014, 04:55 PM   #886
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The view looked great and well worth the climb!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #887
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
The view looked great and well worth the climb!!!
It really was well worth working our way up to the top. The view was really nice - much better than the photos.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2014, 02:46 AM   #888
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Back 2 backs are awesome!
But have you looked into the Fantasy Eastern, which leaves on Aug 29? I tell you it is a great cruise - and your friend Teresa is on board as well. (You did sail together didn't you?) Teresa and her husband are already sailing with us, so why not have a group that's just a tad larger?
That Aug 29 Eastern is in 2015, right? You have so many trips planned that I have a hard time keeping up with you!

I could probably do Aug 2014 instead of the B2B I'm hoping to stretch my 3 day in Sept 2014 into. For 2015 at this point we are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise in April, cheating on Mickey. It does feel a bit wrong, but the itinerary and schedule work well for us. We are planning a Vegas trip in Sept 2015 because Barry wanted to stay on dry land. If our plan A doesn't work out for some reason, I will definitely consider the Aug 29 cruise. I would love to cruise with all of you guys (Hi Teresa! ), but I am afraid, Karin, that you have booked my favorite cabin already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

It was nice looking to have the pool and a part of the beach (if you paid for entrance) right there and people took advantage of it. The pool was clean and nice and since the pool on board is not really big, I guess it is a big draw to do a little shopping and a little swimming.

You had to pay for the beach in Costa Maya? Our excursion went through the port area so fast we didn't get to see anything! I was glad we were on a ship excursion because we barely made it back in time for all aboard. Costa Maya is one port where I sure wouldn't want to miss the ship.

I would probably go ashore again in Costa Maya if a cruise I was on happened to go there, but it would most likely be on another Disney sponsored excursion. I am fine with doing things on my own in a lot of places but Costa Maya is not one of them, I'm sorry to say.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #889
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those views of the ship are beautiful! Just lovely seeing it from all the different perspectives!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #890
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
That Aug 29 Eastern is in 2015, right? You have so many trips planned that I have a hard time keeping up with you!

Yes, that is for 2015 - I forgot you were looking for 2014.

I could probably do Aug 2014 instead of the B2B I'm hoping to stretch my 3 day in Sept 2014 into. For 2015 at this point we are doing a Royal Caribbean cruise in April, cheating on Mickey. It does feel a bit wrong, but the itinerary and schedule work well for us. We are planning a Vegas trip in Sept 2015 because Barry wanted to stay on dry land. If our plan A doesn't work out for some reason, I will definitely consider the Aug 29 cruise. I would love to cruise with all of you guys (Hi Teresa! ), but I am afraid, Karin, that you have booked my favorite cabin already.

So you are cheating on Mickey in 2015. Hm, well, I guess he might forgive you if you come back to cruise with him again in the near future.
But IF by any chance you consider a cruise in 2015 Tom and I would love to have you on this cruise and I bet Teresa does too.
Oh, and as far as your favourite stateroom goes - we went back to OUR favourite - 10626!

You had to pay for the beach in Costa Maya? Our excursion went through the port area so fast we didn't get to see anything! I was glad we were on a ship excursion because we barely made it back in time for all aboard. Costa Maya is one port where I sure wouldn't want to miss the ship.

Yes, one of the beaches you DID have to pay. I am not sure about the pool in the middle of the plaza, but the beach had a sign that you needed to pay first.
Oh, my, missing the ship in Costa Maya Not a nice thought. I would not mind missing it at CC though.

I would probably go ashore again in Costa Maya if a cruise I was on happened to go there, but it would most likely be on another Disney sponsored excursion. I am fine with doing things on my own in a lot of places but Costa Maya is not one of them, I'm sorry to say.
It looked like a nice easy port to explore yourself, and I guess it would have been if the town outside the plaza had not been DEAD. I was quite happy that both Western Caribbean cruises we are booked on are NOT going there - one goes to Key West instead, the other one to Falmouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those views of the ship are beautiful! Just lovely seeing it from all the different perspectives!
The ships never fail to amaze me. They are so beautiful and even though we have already spent so much time on them, there is always something that wows me. You are going to have a blast with your camera.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #891
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
But IF by any chance you consider a cruise in 2015 Tom and I would love to have you on this cruise and I bet Teresa does too.
Oh, and as far as your favourite stateroom goes - we went back to OUR favourite - 10626!
I checked today and somebody already has our room for the Aug 29, 2015! I'm not sure how that was allowed to happen.

Hopefully, next time you are in WDW we will be able to come down and meet you there.

I forgot to mention that while we are cheating on Mickey in 2015, I am sure we won't stray far ! No worries, Mickey, we weill be back real soon!

Last edited by perfectmatch300; 04-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.
perfectmatch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:26 AM   #892
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures. That view is quite nice. The greens to one side and the ocean blue to the other!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:46 AM   #893
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
I checked today and somebody already has our room for the Aug 29, 2015! I'm not sure how that was allowed to happen.

NO!!! That is YOUR stateroom.
I know, these go fast. When I looked for another cruise a while back, they were all gone long before cruise time.

Hopefully, next time you are in WDW we will be able to come down and meet you there.

I hope you will be "home" in summer of 2015. We will only half half days during Tom's birthday trips.

I forgot to mention that while we are cheating on Mickey in 2015, I am sure we won't stray far ! No worries, Mickey, we weill be back real soon!
As long as you come back to Mickey - oh, and I will NOT tell him that you are cheating on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Love the pictures. That view is quite nice. The greens to one side and the ocean blue to the other!
The view was really nice, it was just so sad that the rest of the area in Costa Maya did not have much to offer. It would have been nice if the "town" up where the pyramid was would have been bustling.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #894
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Great view and fun pictures of the ship! Can't say that your review makes me want to visit Costa Maya anytime soon though!!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #895
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Great view and fun pictures of the ship! Can't say that your review makes me want to visit Costa Maya anytime soon though!!!
The view was nice, and as we know the ships are awesome - Costa Maya? Not so much.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #896
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 14, August 20

A once in a lifetime experience – Costa Maya - Part 5

Tom had some kind of dark beer and we sat in our favourite spot overlooking the ocean and sipping our drinks.

Once we had finished our drinks we played Goofy’s crazy golf

and soon it was time to head to the back of the ship to see some latecomers come back and finally it was time for us to sail away from Costa Maya.

On the way back to our stateroom we picked up some chips and a few cookies

and again we picked some beverages out of the fridge

and then sat out on the veranda and nibbled our snacks. We had emptied the Fish Extender again and were in awe with the generosity people were showing

before getting ready for dinner. Neither of us was very hungry after all the snacking and the lunch we had had, but we wanted to try and see what was for dinner that day.

To be continued ............

Old 04-24-2014, 02:27 AM   #897
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Cool FE gifts!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:32 AM   #898
MEK
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures from sail away.

I love those shot glasses. How cute!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #899
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

Could not actually see us, but we were part of the late comers coming back to the ship. Thank Goodness we were on a Disney sponsored excursion. There were probably 8 busses of us and we all got back late from the Mayan ruin excursion.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #900
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The FE gifts look great!!! Wondering what was for supper ??????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: