Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #856
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for the tip about the first show and touring the boat.
You are welcome, Mary Ellen! I am sure you will enjoy your cruise very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
I am SO late to your TR, but I just caught up all in one morning and am loving it!!!
Welcome!
You are not late at all, I have not even made it to the halfway point in my TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
This ship is so pretty at night. Just ridiculously pretty. I can't wait to see it again.
We just love the ship at night. There is something so peaceful about being out there at night enjoying the breeze and watching the ship gliding through the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickey View Post
I am enjoying your trip report. I think I was on the 2nd portion of your trip. We had first dining. But I keep looking at pics to see if we are in the back ground. You take great pictures. We'll be back on the Fantasy next month, love looking at your pictures to remind us of a wonderful vacation.
Yeah! Welcome, fellow sailor!
Let me know if you are in any of my pics - it would be awesome if we had "run into each other" without even knowing each other.
Have fun on your Fantasy cruise - our next Fantasy one is still over a year away, but we have two Magic cruises to help us pass the time.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #857
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Karin, what beautiful photos on the ship at night...they are stunning.

And, as always, dinner looks so yummy.
The ship is so peaceful and quiet at night and it has that sparkle with all the lights and the aquaduck all lit up - so beautiful.

Cruise food is yummy - I guess you need to try for yourself one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
we absolutely love being on deck during first dining. We've been known to miss a show as a result!

Fun update, sooooooooooo pretty at night!
Isn't that the best time to be up on deck? It looks so empty with half the guests at dinner and the other half at a show.
We have seen most of the shows several times, so have no problem with missing them.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2014, 02:33 AM   #858
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 14, August 20

A once in a lifetime experience – Costa Maya - Part 1

Today marked the day of our first Mexican port of call. I was up pretty early and sneaked out onto the veranda to see if there was something to see and yes, I was greated by a beautiful dawn. So I sneaked back inside so not to wake Tom and grabbed both cameras and waited a bit for them to “de-fog” before taking a lot of photos of the sun rising.

Tom had just woken up when I returned inside, but we were both sure it was too early to get up, so we both went back to bed.
Around 8am we decided to finally really get up, had a shower and then got ready to head downstairs for breakfast.
Royal Court crossed our minds, but we decided against it and instead headed to Enchanted Garden. It did not take long and we were seated at a nice table towards the back of the restaurant and after ordering coffee and juice, we headed for the buffet. It did not take long and we returned to the table with plates full of yummy breakfast fare.

And while we were still enjoying our breakfast our server stopped by to chat a little. She was a cute girl from South Africa and had a lot to tell.

We really enjoyed her company and when we had finished our breakfast we made sure she received a little extra tip and then Tom went back to our stateroom to get a few sweets for her, while I sat and waited in front of the restaurant.
And while I waited another Cast Member, who was handing out wipes was entertaining not only the incoming guests, but me too. We chatted whenever there was no one else and had a lot of fun. Needless to say that she ended up with a hand full of sweets and we were thanked with a huge hug, tears showing in her eyes and telling us that she was going to share it with her boyfriend here on board.
I went inside the restaurant again, looking for our server and finally saw her. She was concerned something had been wrong, but once she was given her little treat her eyes lit up and more hugs were in store. We then went back to our stateroom to find the Fish Extender full again, so we emptied it out and took it inside to have a really good look at our presents.

And after packing up our own Fish Extender gifts we went on the long trek all over the ship to deliver our gifts. It took us a little over an hour until we returned to our stateroom and had a little break out on the veranda, beverage in hand.

We relaxed a bit in the room, then went to the top deck to see the ship pulling into Costa Maya.

We only had an afternoon at Costa Maya, so even before we had docked we decided to head for lunch at Royal Court before getting off the ship.

To be continued ............

Old 04-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #859
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Isn't room service so nice? Delicious, fast and convenient. I'd do more in the future as well.

Very nice of you to give your dessert to Raj. Not gonna lie...That would be difficult for me to do since I love my dessert so much

Sounds like the girls really appreciated the treats that you gave them. So nice of you and Tom! I'm shocked you guys don't carry a fanny pack around filled with chocolates so you don't always have to go back up to the stateroom for some!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #860
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Updates , your meals at Enchanted Gardens looked great .How sweet t give your dessert to Raj!! That Swan animal was magnificent . I didn't realize Enchanted Garden had a breakfast buffet!!Can't wait to see how your port visit was !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #861
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin! Got caught up on your other TR last night and trying to do the same on this one now!

We made use of the DCL room service for the first time on this cruise as well - it was so convenient and pleasant! I’m glad you enjoyed it too.

Well, at least there was a good reason that I didn’t see you two at the Enchanted Garden dinner, since I skipped it for Palo that night. I cannot believe how many times we were in the same place at the same time though and didn’t see each other! :scared1 I mean, we even chose the same breakfast place the next day!!!!

What a great idea to get the dessert to go! I bet Raj loved it!

Gorgeous sunrise photos!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:08 AM   #862
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Isn't room service so nice? Delicious, fast and convenient. I'd do more in the future as well.

Ever since we have used room service quite a bit. Nothing better than a Mickey bar or two for a snack.

Very nice of you to give your dessert to Raj. Not gonna lie...That would be difficult for me to do since I love my dessert so much

I don't blame you for holding on to your dessert. You know that you CAN have your dessert and get one to go, don't you?
We were just so full and I knew Raj would like it, so we took it for him.

Sounds like the girls really appreciated the treats that you gave them. So nice of you and Tom! I'm shocked you guys don't carry a fanny pack around filled with chocolates so you don't always have to go back up to the stateroom for some!
Well, I don't carry a fanny pack, but I usually DO carry a D&B wristlet full of treats when we go somewhere.
I just had forgotten to bring it to breakfast with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Updates , your meals at Enchanted Gardens looked great .How sweet t give your dessert to Raj!! That Swan animal was magnificent . I didn't realize Enchanted Garden had a breakfast buffet!!Can't wait to see how your port visit was !!!
Thank you, Rosie!
Raj outdid himself with the towel animals, so he "earned" the dessert.

Yes, Enchanted Garden has a breakfast buffet. They will assign you a table, bring out your drinks and get you "make to order" omelets. Everything else is at the buffet. No picking up items and then going to find a table and then heading to get a drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Karin! Got caught up on your other TR last night and trying to do the same on this one now!

We made use of the DCL room service for the first time on this cruise as well - it was so convenient and pleasant! I’m glad you enjoyed it too.

It's really easy isn't it, and yummy too! I hope Willow got her fair share of Mickey Bars from room service.

Well, at least there was a good reason that I didn’t see you two at the Enchanted Garden dinner, since I skipped it for Palo that night. I cannot believe how many times we were in the same place at the same time though and didn’t see each other! :scared1 I mean, we even chose the same breakfast place the next day!!!!

Hard to believe that there were days we were NOT in the same room without bumping into each other.
But we seem to have chosen a lot of the same places to eat. And if you stayed on board at Costa Maya you did NOT miss out on anything. That one was not one of the ports we want to return to.

What a great idea to get the dessert to go! I bet Raj loved it!

Gorgeous sunrise photos!
Raj really was so happy with the desserts and the chocolates we left on the bed for him daily. He was such a sweetheart, so helpful and friendly.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:28 AM   #863
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 14, August 20

A once in a lifetime experience – Costa Maya - Part 2

We only had an afternoon at Costa Maya, so even before we had docked we decided to head for lunch at Royal Court before getting off the ship.
So we quickly walked down to the restaurant

and were soon on our way to a table.

A server was quick to return with our Diet Cokes while we were still looking through the menus.
Once we had made our mind up and ordered our food, we were served

some baguette, dinner rolls and butter to hold us over until our food arrived. We had only started to nibble on the bread when the appetizers were served. Tom had ordered the

jumbo shrimp, which came in a cocktail glass and had some cocktail sauce on the side. I had ordered the

herbed salmon, which came with honey mustard sauce and was delicious. For his main course Tom had ordered the

New York Strip Steak, served with French Fries, herbed butter and a grilled tomato. The steak was nicely cooked, a bit over, but still nice and juicy. My choice was the

Captain’s Cobb Salad, which had green leaves and all the trimmings that make a Cobb Salad, but a larger dice and you could mix yourself. There was some yummy dressing to go with it, but it was a huge serving and I didn’t make a huge dent in it. Then it was time for dessert. There was only one dessert we really wanted to try and that was another thing that Austria is really famous for,

Apple Strudel, served with Crème Anglaise and Vanilla Ice Cream. The Strudel was really nice and not too sweet, which was awesome and the perfect ending for our meal. Lunch done we headed back to our room, got our IDs and our bag and off we went to explore Costa Maya.
When we got off the ship we could feel that it was pretty hot out.

There was a shuttle running

between the ship and the “town”, but we decided to walk.

It was nice to enjoy and take in the view of the sea and it did not take too long and we made it to the shopping area right at the port.

To be continued ............

Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #865
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Even though Costa Maya was not a favorite port..I would rather be there than here today.
Same. We've got ice here. The poor hyacinths that just bloomed are toast.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #866
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of the ship at night! The little theater out near the pool looks like it would be fun.

As always... lots of great looking food! YUM!

You are so sweet to always be sharing some sweet treat with someone. You are so thoughtful!

The FE gifts you got are pretty cool. What is the mickey head?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #867
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

I've been a bit of a slacker, but I'm finally caught up - at least with this TR! I have really been enjoying this one because it allows me to re-live our last cruise, 7 day Fantasy Western.

I had been very apprehensive about going to Costa Maya, but we very much enjoyed our time there. We did a catamaran sail and snorkel excursion that took up our entire time in port. The bus we took had AC that worked and a driver who navigated streets that were a bit narrow for a large bus very carefully. The catamaran was clean and well maintained, and the crew did an excellent job. All that said, I still wouldn't call Costa Maya one of my favorite ports though.

I have to go back and read about your B2B transition. I want to show it to DH so he understands the process. We are thinking of adding a second cruise either before or after the Dream cruise we have booked for Sept. That cruise was meant to be a dummy booking, but as of now we are planning to stick with it. Three days just doesn't seem like enough though, now that we have several 7 day cruises under our belts! B2B would solve that problem nicely.

Nancy
Old 04-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #868
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm just loving your updates and it makes me want to book a trip on the Fantasy so much between yours and Ellen's reports. I just don't think I can convince Fran she wants to go on the Fantasy until we go on the Dream!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #869
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The steak sandwich looks so good.
The ship is so pretty lit up.
The trio dessert looks good.
Nice sunrise pics.
Nice gifts you got.
It looks so nice there in Costa Maya. Beautiful day.
I am caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:19 AM   #870
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Love your sun rise photos Karin
Looks like you got some great FE gifts
Mmm, I wonder what you both get up to in Costa Maya?
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: