Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #796
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Sounds like it was an unusually hot day. (what can you expect from Hell )

Amazingly beautiful though. I love how everything man made still reflects the colors of the sea, sky and sand. That is lovely!
It was hot that day, and not just because we had a look at Hell. Plus those buses don't really have much A/C. So there was no way of really cooling down. We loved the cold towels and flavoured water though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Well, this is new! What a nice added touch.
That was new? They had the tent with refreshments and cold towels out in about every port of call.
It was really nice and it was fun to see the guests on the other ships look at what was offered to us. Yes, I AM bad like that.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #797
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
That was new? They had the tent with refreshments and cold towels out in about every port of call.
It was really nice and it was fun to see the guests on the other ships look at what was offered to us. Yes, I AM bad like that.
I don't remember seeing them do that on our Fantasy cruise in August 2012. At any port. That's why I'm saying new. Maybe I missed it?

It is nice that they offer these little things that other cruises don't seem to do. And, yes, I'm bad like that too!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #798
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I have no idea now you keep up with all these updates!
It's fun seeing the different ports but it's always a great feeling arriving back to the ship
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #799
MEK
DIS Veteran

That ice cream looks super yummy but I'm surprised it didn't melt in seconds flat.
Nice to be greeted with cold drinks.

I've got lots of catching up to do on your various TRs. I will eventually get caught up. I hope.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #800
ilovedevin
Mouseketeer

All caught up, loving your report so far. Can't wait to read the rest. We have a city named HELL here in Michigan also. Here is a headline posted today.
Fun fact: it's currently -13 in Hell, MI, with a wind chill of -33. It has literally frozen over.

Julie

ilovedevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #801
DanielFamily4
Earning My Ears

So neat
DanielFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #802
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Wonderful updates! In some ways those limestone formations remind me of parts of the Big Island in Hawaii...very cool.

While I probably wouldn't choose the turtle farm either (the idea of farm, and turtles, in combination really bothers me) they are so neat to look at!!!!!!!!!!

It does sound awfully hot but now I wonder, just how much was that ice cream?
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #803
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We found Grand Caymen expensive too.
I love the turtle farm pictures. That is something i would love to do in the future. They are very protective of the turtles down there. Do they release any out in the wild at all then? Or can they come and go as they please. I could be wrong , but it was my understanding they have this place to keep the turtles from going extinct.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #804
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I love that they had cold towels and ice cold watermelon infused water for you guys while waiting. Gotta love Disney!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:07 AM   #805
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I don't remember seeing them do that on our Fantasy cruise in August 2012. At any port. That's why I'm saying new. Maybe I missed it?

It is nice that they offer these little things that other cruises don't seem to do. And, yes, I'm bad like that too!
You could not have missed those tents had they been there in 2012! They were a great marketing tool.

It's those little touches that make us return to Disney again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I have no idea now you keep up with all these updates!
It's fun seeing the different ports but it's always a great feeling arriving back to the ship
How I keep up with all my trip report updates? I don't know either, Linda.

We were very excited to visit so many new ports, but we loved the "at sea" days the most. Lots of time to explore the ship, sample drinks and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That ice cream looks super yummy but I'm surprised it didn't melt in seconds flat.
Nice to be greeted with cold drinks.

I've got lots of catching up to do on your various TRs. I will eventually get caught up. I hope.
It was really nice ice-cream, and it DID melt fast. I am a very slow eater and had to gobble it down quickly or I would have been able to drink "ice-cream soup".

Just take your time catching up, Mary Ellen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedevin View Post
All caught up, loving your report so far. Can't wait to read the rest. We have a city named HELL here in Michigan also. Here is a headline posted today.
Fun fact: it's currently -13 in Hell, MI, with a wind chill of -33. It has literally frozen over.

Julie
Happy to hear that you enjoy the report so far!

OMG ..... I just love the headline you posted. So funny. Thanks for sharing.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 AM   #806
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFamily4 View Post
So neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Wonderful updates! In some ways those limestone formations remind me of parts of the Big Island in Hawaii...very cool.

While I probably wouldn't choose the turtle farm either (the idea of farm, and turtles, in combination really bothers me) they are so neat to look at!!!!!!!!!!

It does sound awfully hot but now I wonder, just how much was that ice cream?
I could not agree more with your reasons on why not to "choose" the turtle farm, but since it was part of the excursion I was glad we did in the end.

Price of ice-cream you ask? Well, I can help you out with that - it cost 9 $! I would NOT pay that were I here in Europe for a small bowl of mint chocolate chip ice-cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We found Grand Caymen expensive too.
I love the turtle farm pictures. That is something i would love to do in the future. They are very protective of the turtles down there. Do they release any out in the wild at all then? Or can they come and go as they please. I could be wrong , but it was my understanding they have this place to keep the turtles from going extinct.
It was the most expensive of the Western ports, but the prices in the other shops near port didn't bother me too much - it was just that I did not even look at how much the ice-cream cost. I ordered and then nearly fell over backwards when she wanted 9$ (.. and then I did see the sign. ) for it.

Jen, I am sure they talked about what they did with the turtles, and I guess they do release them, but I cannot say for sure. It was hot, and the guide having quite a huge accent didn't help either. I remember my thoughts drifting off quite a bit, as I talked to Tom about it lateron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I love that they had cold towels and ice cold watermelon infused water for you guys while waiting. Gotta love Disney!
We were in awe with the little Disney touches like the cold towels and flavoured waters waiting. They had different flavours and during that cruise Tom tasted several and I remember him saying that you could not taste the melon in it very much. I had a citrus one and it was delicious.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #807
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I skimmed a bit or I'd never get caught up.

The food looks yummy as always.

I LOVE this picture:

The turtle tour looks fun (I have a thing for turtles).
Old 03-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #808
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I just stumbled upon this and love your TR style. I also realized all the cool people are over here!

I just got through your first travel day. Wow!

You've still got a lot of adventures to tell us about.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #809
ilovedevin
Mouseketeer

Where did she go?

ilovedevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:37 AM   #810
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I have been absent here for quite a while ..........

Reason is, I have been a bit on the busy side.

Let me explain. Remember, when Tom was home last year with back pain for quite some time. Now, the doctor advised him to ask for some spa treatments through insurance. He placed his request and was granted a three weeks stay at a really beautiful little mountain village for his spa treatments. Only downside, it would take about a year until he could go there. Well, last Thursday was that day. He went to Bad Hofgastein for the start of his treatments.
Before that we had a lot of running around for errands to do and last weekend I went to visit him (he asked if I could stay at the spa hotel and they have a really reasonable offer for family who is coming to visit, includes full board and entry to the spa). It's a three hour drive one way and literally everything I usually work at weekends was let undone, so there was/is a lot of catching up to do. So, DIStime was at a minimum. But I hope to be catching up soon.

Okay, and here are a few impressions of what Bad Hofgastein and its surroundings looks like .........

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: