Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #751
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm not Karin but I love Remy brunch. I didn't feel stuffed...I thought the portion sizes were quit lovely! Do the champagne pairing...its yummy! Jill in CO
Thank you !
If I keep the reservation the champagne pairing is a must!
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #752
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Welcome back Karin
It was our on-line check in for our cruise today and I promised mysel I would only book Palo brunch but ended up booking Remy brunch as well !
Should I do both?
We loved the Remy dinner but don't want to feel super stuffed on our sea day - are the portion sizes manageable?
Eek, what to do!
Thank you, Linda!
Sorry I haven't responded any sooner, but I spent the last three days in bed with the flu!

Congrats on booking both Palo and Remy!
YES, you should do both. And you will not feel stuffed (if you steer away from the Eggs Benedict earlier in the day at Royal Court ).
I have just reviewed Remy lunch and Champagne pairing here (you NEED to do the Champagne pairing!!!!) and will repost the links for you!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=364

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=364
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #753
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

OMG- where was everyone at Satellite Falls? It was completely PACKED on our whole cruise! Lucky you!

I am so envious of your BTB- can't wait to do that myself someday!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #754
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

AND ......

WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!

We returned a week ago today and were straight back to work. Tom is holding up well at the moment, it is me this time who is home sick after a vacation. Came down with the flu on Friday and will stay home all next week on sickleave as well.
Should give me some time to update .......

So, let's start with responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
As it always seems to be the case, life gets in the way of me posting. I have been reading along, just not posting. I looked at the picture of the hot tub and . I'm so afraid of heights and being able to see all the way down like that would make me want to puke.
Yes, that hot tub needs a bit of getting used to, especially if you are afraid of heights.
But it was nice none the less to soak in the hot water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney67 View Post
Hi Karin and Tom
I have been stalking for a while we will catch up after your Magical Journey just wanted to stop in and say hope the both of you a
Bon Yoyage
and tell Mickey i said Hi
Thank you, Jeff! It was an awesome trip and I am working on the TR right now - just need a nice title and then we should be off! I will post the link here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1275 View Post
We are on the Fantasy April 25 next year. I really want to go on the Magic since my son will be 10 when we go so there's not much time for him to try out the Avengers on the Magic. On our first cruise on the Dream we got to pass the Magic in the open waters at sunset which was awesome as it was an epic horn battle How do you find out which Captain is on which ship at the time you go? I've been trying to find out. We love the Dream, hope your having an awesome time which i'm sure you are. Can't wait to hear about it
I am so looking forward to sailing on the Magic too! It's the only ship we have not sailed on yet.
Oh, and passing the Magic while on the Dream must have been awesome. Lucky you!
We only found out about our captain because one member of our meet group did have a bit on insight. But so far all the captains are pretty nice, there are just some who like their Mickey whistles more than others.
And I am already working on our trip report for our Dream cruise, which was awesome - that much I can give away - just need a decent title and then we will start that one as well.
Hope you will join us there too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh, good grief! You're off to another cruise, aren't you??? So jealous!!!!!
Yes, we were, Roni! And it was a great cruise. We love the Dream and there were several CMs there who remembered us (by name!!!!!!) even after a year's time.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 03-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #755
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
You are back now and I am waiting for another great TR!!!!
Yip, we are back, Rosie. And the new TR is supposed to be starting SOON!

Quote:
I'm not Karin but I love Remy brunch. I didn't feel stuffed...I thought the portion sizes were quit lovely! Do the champagne pairing...its yummy!

Jill in CO
You are absolutely right, Jill! Thanks for helping out and pointing out that the Champagne pairing is a must!

Quote:
Thank you !
If I keep the reservation the champagne pairing is a must!
Linda, you have to keep both reservations and you HAVE TO do the Champagne pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
OMG- where was everyone at Satellite Falls? It was completely PACKED on our whole cruise! Lucky you!

I am so envious of your BTB- can't wait to do that myself someday!
Weren't we lucky at Satellite Falls? I just think we picked a really good time, while the first show and the first dinner seating were on.

Ellen, there is NOTHING better than a b2b. I am so hoping we can pull another one off next summer.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #756
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 12, August 18

Day at sea means lots of food - Part 4

So once back in the stateroom we jumped in the shower, got dressed nicely and headed up to Cabanas for dinner.
It was formal night and our restaurant for the day was Artist’s Palate anyway, so we were happy to skip it and head to the more leisurely Cabanas.

We were immediately taken to a table, again, towards the back of the restaurant

and the server quickly came by to take our orders for Diet Coke and brought out a

basket full of yummy bread, and some butter, which we started to dig into right away.
The drinks appeared about a minute later and our assigned server was right at hand to take our orders for dinner. Cabanas offers a mix of guest’s favourites from all the restaurants and we happy to see some of OUR favourites on the menu as well. Tom went right for the

Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower, with crispy noodles and wasabi dressing while I felt more like soup,

the Baked Potato and Chedder Cheese Soup with bacon bits and chives.
And while we were still enjoying our starters we could see the bands of rain coming closer and closer to the ship, but somehow they always seemed to drift away again before they caught up with us. My main course, which was served right after the plates of our starters were cleared was a no brainer. There was one of my favourites on the menu,

the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, pasta purses filled with truffle scented cheese and coated with a delicate champagne sauce. I was in heaven. Tom had chosen another one of our favourites,

the Pan-seared Sea Bass with saffron and pea risotto with a sweet chili glaze. Again we both were in food heaven and enjoyed our main courses.
Once we had finished our main courses the server came to take away the empty plates and told us that they had a really nice dessert, which he was sure we would like. He had looked up where we were from and since we were from Europe we would surly enjoy

the Sacher cake.
Well, Sacher cake is something VERY Austrian, coming from one of our most famous hotels. The server was pretty interested when we told him about the cake’s history and even took some notes. We then had to order it, even though we knew from previous experiences that it was nowhere near the real thing. He proudly brought it out and the Sacher cake was enjoyed and then we tipped both servers and hot footed it downstairs to the Walt Disney theatre.
If there was one show we did not want to miss, it was Aladdin. We arrived at the theatre around 15 minutes before the show was supposed to start and we still found seats at the beginning of a row, but were surprised to see how many people were saving seats without cast member saying anything. Only if people complained would they move in and tell the “seat savers” that this was not allowed. We could witness a few families who were really upset that their strategy had not gone off. The show itself was as spectacular as the week before and we enjoyed watching it a second time. So many details that you miss the first time around. Once the show was over we were swept out of the theatre with the rest of the audience and slowly made our way over towards the shops.
And who should we run into but our new English friends. They were still in their formal wear and wanted to get changed, but after that we all wanted to meet for a drink. Tom and I stayed and browsed the shops while they went to their stateroom to change.
And a short while later we all were on our way to Skyline. We found a nice table, had a look at the menu and ordered some drinks,

a Londinium, No. 3 London Dry Gin, freshly muddled lemon, orange, lime, mango puree, and champagne for me and

the EL Conquistador, Tanqueray gin, Absolut Peppar, fresh muddled strawberry, basil, and fresh cracked pepper for Tom, just to find out that Laura and Richard only wanted to drink some juice! But it did not stop us all from having a lot of fun while we sat there chatting away. I think it was going towards midnight when we decided that we would call it a night, but not without finding out that Richard had picked up our bill as well. When we left Skyline we had already decided that we had to get together again some other time during the week as we all had had such a good time. We all used the elevator to go up to deck 8 and there said our goodbyes and headed back to our staterooms.

Tom and I were tired, so we skipped the idea of having a night cup out on the veranda and went straight to bed.

To be continued ............

Old 03-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #757
Linda67

Thanks for the links Karin, I do remember your review and it's one of the things that made me consider booking
I'm really trying not to over plan and over book things but both brunches seem too good to miss!
Old 03-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #758
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the links Karin, I do remember your review and it's one of the things that made me consider booking
I'm really trying not to over plan and over book things but both brunches seem too good to miss!
Linda, you are really going to enjoy both, Palo and Remy brunch. Two completely different experiences and it would be a shame to not book one.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #759
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Linda, you are really going to enjoy both, Palo and Remy brunch. Two completely different experiences and it would be a shame to not book one.
Well at the moment both are booked !
Old 03-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #760
disney67
DIS Veteran

Everytime i sit here and start to read any of your trip reports it brings me back to all the fun we had together back on the cruise we had together !!
and with that being said it was great to hear you guys had a great time and
Please get well soon PIXIES for that speedy recovery and be careful !!!!
I so cannot wait for our cruise after seeing all these delicous pictues dinner looked so great and those drinks are amazing and look tasty . and that was one big lobster with glasses :O) I so cannot wait to hear more feel better and talk to you soon XOXOXO

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #761
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Karin...hope you feel better soon!

I've never tried dinner at cabana's...looks like a nice low key experience. A nightcap at Skyline is a nice way to wrap a day!

Jill in CO
Old 03-03-2014, 02:03 AM   #762
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well at the moment both are booked !

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney67 View Post
Everytime i sit here and start to read any of your trip reports it brings me back to all the fun we had together back on the cruise we had together !!
and with that being said it was great to hear you guys had a great time and
Please get well soon PIXIES for that speedy recovery and be careful !!!!
I so cannot wait for our cruise after seeing all these delicous pictues dinner looked so great and those drinks are amazing and look tasty . and that was one big lobster with glasses :O) I so cannot wait to hear more feel better and talk to you soon XOXOXO
Jeff, we feel just like you and talk about the days we spent together so often. We truly had a magical time.

Your cruise will be here before you know it, Jeff. And it will be a wonderful cruise for all of you.

Quote:
Karin...hope you feel better soon!

I've never tried dinner at cabana's...looks like a nice low key experience. A nightcap at Skyline is a nice way to wrap a day!

Jill in CO
Thank you, Jill!
I guess staying home with "nothing" to do apart planning our next Disney vacation will help my recovery.

I can highly recommend Cabanas! The food is a mix from all the dining rooms, with an extra steak thrown in and the service is just outstanding. AND, it is so nice and quiet up there.

It was awesome to sit and chat with our new British friends. And it was such a nice and relaxing way to finish the evening.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #763
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 13, August 19

A trip to Hell and back - Part 1

We were up by 7.30am, got ourselves ready and were out the door to head down to the Royal Court for breakfast by 8.15am.
And after a quick stop at the reception desk we were led to a table, handed a menu and told that a server would be with us shortly. We both didn’t really need the menu as for today we both had known what we wanted to order before we had set foot in the restaurant.
So once the server came by Tom ordered some coffee and I ordered some orange juice. We needed a hearty breakfast, as we were signed up for an excursion that day. So it did not take long and our usual breakfast starters arrived and Tom tucked into his

Swiss Bircher Muesli, Muesli with raisins, shredded apples and yogurt and I indulged in my wonderful

Mornin' Tug Boat, a fresh blend of strawberries, bananas, almonds, raisin granola and low-fat yogurt. Our hot breakfast was my favourite there,

the Traditional Eggs Benedict, toasted English muffin with grilled Canadian bacon, served with poached egg topped with hollandaise sauce, grilled roma tomatoes and link sausages, which we both ordered and enjoyed.
After breakfast we went back to our stateroom and got things ready for our excursion. Bags packed and everything ready to go we then headed to deck 13 to watch the ship dock at Grand Cayman.

It looked so different from islands we had visited the week before, it was flat and reminded us of Nassau. And while we still tried to get a closer look of the island and the tender boats that were already waiting we were treated to something we had never seen before. A cast member came out and started polishing the ship’s bell.

This was our twelfth cruise and I had never before even noticed the bell there. It was so fun to watch him polish it over and over again until it was all shiny and looked like brand new. Then he pulled up the DCL flag and another signal.

And while all that was going on we had gotten to our anchor point and the ship dropped anchor. Right after that had happened the tenders moved closer and closer to the Fantasy

and we knew that soon it would be time for us to get to the D-Lounge and sign in for our excursion.
We slowly walked back to our stateroom, gathered all our things, double checked and off we went to the D-Lounge. We signed in and were asked to take a seat until our group was complete and about 5 minutes later we all followed a cast member down to sign off the ship and get onto the tender.

We found a seat on the top deck and waited until they had filled the boat to the limit and were soon on our way ashore.

Once we had made it to dry land we followed a cast member holding up a paddle to one of the buses.

There were two buses and the way it looked they filled up the first one and then directed everyone still waiting to the second one.

Yes, score again, as the second bus was nowhere near to get full and most people were having a full seat to themselves. Once we were all seated we were off.

To be continued ............

Old 03-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #765
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a fun picture of the bottom of the hot tub! The tub was packed when we were there, as was the pool so we never ventured in.

Excited to see where you are off to on your excursion!
The tub and Satellite Falls were packed during the day too, but I guess having so much time on a b2b we just picked a really good time to hit the tub and Satellite Falls - when half of the ship was to see the show and the other half was having dinner.

Update to this TR coming soon!
We have just come up with a fun title for our February vacation and I need to finish the intro before going on here.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: