Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #61
ByKnight
Getting Ready to Set Sail !!!!!!

Looking forward to your report I am impressed to see that we are on page 5 already with only 1/4 of a day written and 32 more to come. This report when done could be a novel. However What better novel than one about a disney and cruising.

DL 1973--WDW 1983-- DL GCH 05(7 Days) -- DL 2008 (1 Day) -- DL Best Western Park Place 2009(6 Days) -- DL House rental 2011 (13 Days)
DLC Wonder September 2012
DL (9 Days) September 2012
ByKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #62
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Life has been so very hectic... but I wanted to come here and say hello. I need to go back and catch up. I hope to do that before I leave next week.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #63
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I could deal with a never ending buffet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
Can't wait for the rest!

I'm hoping there will be many gratuitous pictures of krispy kreme donuts (I can't eat them without getting a stomach ache but your pictures always make them look so good!).
More coming soon! And without giving too much away, there WILL be several pics of KK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superme80 View Post
I'm in!!!! I made it on the first 5 pages!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!
So glad to have you here!
You are here in time, more coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Oh my gosh, hit by lightening!!!

I find it kind of cool...since it didn't cause any real problems. What a story to tell!

What an exciting start to your trip of firsts! I love that even veterans can still have lots of firsts.
I know it sounds horrible to be hit by lightning, but apart from the initial strike it was not that bad at all.

Yuki, we had so many firsts, it was unbelievable, and it was an awesome trip.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #64
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney67 View Post
Finally Yeah I am here to read this magical trip report that i had the pleasure with the family to enjoy a bit with you and Tom , except the goodbyes are getting REALLY harder !!!!
i will say to both of you
THANK YOU
it was such a magical time sharing all our firsts with you and Tom from me and the Family
Ah, Jeff! How wonderful that you have signed on, at the right moment. I am soon getting to the point where we are meeting some amazing friends on our first day at WDW.
We cannot wait to repeat it and see you guys again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByKnight View Post
Looking forward to your report I am impressed to see that we are on page 5 already with only 1/4 of a day written and 32 more to come. This report when done could be a novel. However What better novel than one about a disney and cruising.
Welcome!
It amazes me too, that we have already made it to page 5 and we have not even left Europe yet.
I am glad you enjoy reading along. There is lots of fun to report about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Life has been so very hectic... but I wanted to come here and say hello. I need to go back and catch up. I hope to do that before I leave next week.
NO problem, Ann! You have a trip coming up so soon. I cannot wait to hear all about your and Steve's race!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 09-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #65
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 1, August 7

That’s NOT the way we wanted to start off our vacation! - Part 2

We were in no hurry to get anywhere, as we had a 7 hour layover in Frankfurt anyway, so once we had gotten off the plane we took a little stroll through the airport before we headed for the lounge again, to settle down for the time being.
We still had 6 hours until our next flight was supposed to take off, so once we had shown our tickets and were granted access we headed upstairs and were blown away. The lounge was really beautiful and large, and some areas were pretty full. It took us a few seconds to locate two chairs next to each other and we walked over and sat down.

Before we did anything else Tom wanted to try if we had free internet, so we set up the netbook and tried – worked! Score! We would be able to check our email and surf the web while waiting. Once that was solved we took trips to the bathroom and then went to check out the buffet. The breakfast on board had been nice, but it had been about two hours and there were yum things offered at the lounge buffet, there were soups, salads, spreads, veggies and “Frankfurter”, a hot dog like sausage. We both chose the same, the Frankfurter, Tom had his in

a hot dog bun, complete with pickled gerkins, mustard and ketchup, while I chose to eat it the European way.

I got some Diet Coke to go with it, while Tom got

some beer. And since there were so many delicious looking things on the buffet, we even went back for seconds. Tom tried

the glass noodle salad, some spreads and some veggies, while I tried something sweet,

creamy Semolina pudding topped with stewed plums. Might not sound so nice, but it was indeed very good and we both loved our choices.
Once we were done we moved over to a little area where there were numerous power outlets, where I plugged in my netbook and surfed the web, while Tom was charging his phone, while reading on his pad.
Time had gone by quickly and we decided to have one more drink,

a coffee from an automated coffee station, complete with wafer biscuit to go with it. It was around 11.30 when we left the lounge and walked downstairs, had a look into some of the stores, bought some scales that go up to 75 lbs and finally hit the duty free store.
Tom picked up a bottle of Whiskey and then we finally headed to our departure gate. It was pretty full there but we found a seat and waited. Our boarding time came and went and nothing moved, NO plane in sight. About half an hour before we were supposed to take off there was the dreaded announcement, our departure was delayed. Another hour’s wait.
We decided not to wait it out at the gate, but to wait in the lounge in a comfy chair. Upon returning to the lounge we both picked up a beverage, found a chair and watched a little TV.
An hour later we were still checking the monitor and times had not changed, so we headed downstairs to the gate again. We had just made it there when we heard the next announcement. The plane had a major technical defect and our 2pm departure was now delayed until 4.30. And not just delayed until then, but the next “time announcement” was supposed to be at 4.30. Quick thought about what to do and after asking if any news would be announced in the business lounge we were on our way back there.

To be continued ............

Last edited by dizneeat; 09-22-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #66
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you had that wonderful lounge to hang out in, but it is NEVER fun when a flight gets delayed. Bummer!

I hope the next announcement is a good one!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #67
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Oh Karin what a dissappointment to be delayed soooo long !!! The flight delay was what gave me the Title to my Universal Family trip !! Tom did what Judy did , had a beer !!!I was interested in the European way of eating a hot dog!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #68
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Food looks good, drinks look better.

I hate delays...I hope it wasn't too much past 4:30 that you finally took off.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #69
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinemouse View Post
i'm in too
Hi Tom!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #70
msbiscuit
Mouseketeer

Wow, they lay out quite a spread in the Lufthansa lounge! Every United lounge I've been in seems to serve the same thing (and that's from coast to coast!). Wrapped cheese slices, some fruit, wrapped crackers, chocolate covered raisins and I lose track from there.
When they say the next update is at a given time, I just cringe. Not a good sign. Hope things pick up from there!

Barb
msbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #71
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Nice to have the Biz class! especially if you have a 7 hr layover. I can't believe your plane was hit by lightening, and it seems it was no big deal! Looking forward to more!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #72
disney67
DIS Veteran

thank haven for magical business class , and some good food while waiting but all those hours was Urgh!!! love the way Tom made the Frank i have to try it that way next time ? and the semolina dessert looked sweet .and all the other food was delicous !!!
It was a magical time when you get to our time with you guys if you want i can post a few pictures if you would like me too ?

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #73
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin !!Waiting for the next update!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #74
dnbent
Mouseketeer

Excited to read your report. I've enjoyed many of your past report over the years.
dnbent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #75
kmrein
Mouseketeer

Subbing! Can't wait for another report.

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)

"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme..."
kmrein is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: