Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #661
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
How fun was that for you to do a back-to-back cruise. And then to have the ship almost to yourself for awhile.

Loved the pictures.
We both really love being able to go right back to the ship after a cruise. But how funny is it that even though we had double the time of most cruisers on board and still didn't have enough time to fit everything in.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #662
linetbo
Mouseketeer

Hi Karin, huge fan here( I am from Puerto Rico) , just want to say that I love, love, love your trip reports, I read all of them and can't wait for your Disney land Paris report. We are going on the Med cruise on may 31.

linetbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #663
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Now I'm caught up.... Glad to see more on the Fantasy to come... It will probably be out next "Disney" cruise. I have a feeling that there will be two non Disney cruises between now and then though. One to Alaska which Disney seems to have taken off the 2015 itinerary and then one on the largest ship in the world... Which incidentally is priced at half of our recent Dream trip for 3 extra nights.

Also thanks for joining in my TR.... As you will see this TR had an influence on a choice I made on the Dream.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #664
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linetbo View Post
Hi Karin, huge fan here( I am from Puerto Rico) , just want to say that I love, love, love your trip reports, I read all of them and can't wait for your Disney land Paris report. We are going on the Med cruise on may 31.
I am glad you enjoy my reports so much! I love sharing them.
The Disneyland Paris trip report has already started over on my pre-trip report. Join us there, if you haven't already.
And you are going on a Med cruise way before us. What is your itinerary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Now I'm caught up.... Glad to see more on the Fantasy to come... It will probably be out next "Disney" cruise. I have a feeling that there will be two non Disney cruises between now and then though. One to Alaska which Disney seems to have taken off the 2015 itinerary and then one on the largest ship in the world... Which incidentally is priced at half of our recent Dream trip for 3 extra nights.

Also thanks for joining in my TR.... As you will see this TR had an influence on a choice I made on the Dream.
Yes, there is a lot more Fantasy to come. Still 7 Fantasy nights ahead of us.

You will love the longer cruise on the Fantasy. 4 nights is just FAR too short. But your other cruises sound awesome as well.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 01-15-2014, 04:28 PM   #665
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

And here's another REAL LIFE UPDATE!!!!

News 1:
Tom's shareholder certificate was delivered yesterday. It was pure luck I caught the FedEx driver.
I had told FedEx that I needed to leave for work shortly before 12 and would they be so kind of taking a note of it. Well, the girl I talked to repeatedly mentioned that it will be delivered before 12.30. Don't know if she just didn't wanna listen or not understood, but I need to leave BEFORE noon, lady.
Well, I waited all morning for the bell to ring and it didn't. I waited as long as I could, then had to leave. Once I was on the ground floor I checked both entrances of our block of flats of any signs of the FedEx van, but nothing. So I went, got into the car, but instead of driving straight to work I drove around the block. And when I got to the main entrance I could see the FedEx van and the driver heading for the doorbell. I made myself known and it was fun as we were kind of making this an "on the road" delivery.
The frame and certificate look cool, now all we need is somewhere nice to put it.

News 2:
I have heard that to be able to get a Be Our Guest lunch fastpass, you need to be invited by email. While researching here I found a link, which got you onto the booking site as well, it just wouldn't give me a FP time.

Well, as every day I tried again today and VOILA, it offered me a few times to choose from. Not really the time I had wanted, but one that we were able to make work for us. So I booked it, even put in our order and once I was done the system asked if I wanted to make changes.
I thought it would not hurt to try and I scored the perfect time for us! So, the last part of the February vacation planning puzzle has fallen into place. I can now soon start posting our plans - and I promise we will stick far more to them then the Paris ones.

News 3:
Tom's vacation time for May has been approved!!!!!!!!!!!
So this means that our weekend trip - Thursday until Sunday to Italy is on!

Oh, and we will leave for the US one month from today.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #666
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Great real life updates! Venice looks amazing. I need to get back there some of these days but so many other places to see first!

Jill in CO
Old 01-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #667
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]

Sorry, I might have made something not quite clear (see - it has it's disadvantages that English is not my first language ). Fedex did not charge us for coming back but rather they were collecting some taxes. By buying the share of Disney stock I went over the allowed amount of money to import something tax free. So this is what the money was for. I kind of expected that in the first place - it was just that the Fedex driver did not divide into Euros and cents and made it look like the tax was 1707 Euros (about 2350 $)
Oh okay now I understand! Thanks for breaking it down for me.

Wow some very happy real life updates! Yay for BoG and Tom's approved vacation!!!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #668
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wonderful news all around, Karin.

KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #670
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Great real life updates! Venice looks amazing. I need to get back there some of these days but so many other places to see first!

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill!
It was awesome when finally everything fell into place.

I cannot wait to go back to Venice. We just love it there and the drive is just a little over 6 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh okay now I understand! Thanks for breaking it down for me.

Wow some very happy real life updates! Yay for BoG and Tom's approved vacation!!!
I had been trying for so long for BoG. We have had dinner there twice and LOVED lunch, so we are VERY excited to go back.
I could not believe that his vacation was approved. They are very "funny" about them taking single days (window days = Thursday is a holiday here anyway and Friday is called a windowday) off and so I had to ask twice if I understood correctly that he got that one day off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Wonderful news all around, Karin.

Thanks, Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Yay, lots of great news Karin
Thanks, Linda!
It is awesome when suddenly all the little pieces of the puzzle fall into place.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #671
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Okay, sticking with the news theme .........

Our cruise docs came today! Makes it feel so much closer

AND

we are under 1 month from our vacation. 30 more days and we'll be on the way to the US again.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #672
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Okay, sticking with the news theme .........

Our cruise docs came today! Makes it feel so much closer

AND

we are under 1 month from our vacation. 30 more days and we'll be on the way to the US again.
Doing the cruise doc dance!

Jill in CO
Old 01-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #673
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Doing the cruise doc dance!

Jill in CO
Thank you, Jill! One of the best reasons for a dance.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #674
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

That is funny about the Euros. That amount would have freaked me out too.
Gorgeous pics of the ship. Seems like an easy off and on.
Glad you got the plaque.
Glad you got the fp for BOG. You need it. LOl
Woo-hoo for Italy.
Woo-hoo for US in one month.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #675
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
That is funny about the Euros. That amount would have freaked me out too.
Gorgeous pics of the ship. Seems like an easy off and on.
Glad you got the plaque.
Glad you got the fp for BOG. You need it. LOl
Woo-hoo for Italy.
Woo-hoo for US in one month.
The amount stated on the slip of paper DID freak me out! I should have just thought about it and known that it was WAY to high for what I had paid for the package.

Getting back on while on a back to back is just SOOOOO easy. And it feels so nice NOT to have to leave.

I can't believe we will leave for the US in just 29 days!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: