Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #556
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,974

That food looks absolutely amazing. WOW!

I am shocked that Disney consider nutella to be dairy. How odd. And no chocolate? That's a bummer, but you definitely made someone's day.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #557
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That food looks absolutely amazing. WOW!

I am shocked that Disney consider nutella to be dairy. How odd. And no chocolate? That's a bummer, but you definitely made someone's day.
Palo brunch is just awesome. The food is really amazing and there is SO much to choose from.

I was as shocked as you when Ophelie told us that Nutella is considered dairy. Yes, the label states that there is milkPOWDER inside, but it won't go bad easily.
And it left us with a quest to find some Nutella for Ophelie in the ports we would still visit. Because, even though the CMs are not allowed to bring it on board, guests can!
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #558
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,652

I love Palo brunch. Sounds like Ophelie made it even more special!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #559
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,929

Love the update !! That Brunch is fantastic I loved the look of both halves of pizza !!!I never would have considered Nutella a dairy either !!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #560
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!
 
perfectmatch300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: FLORIDA!
Posts: 3,786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Love the pics of the food at Palo's Brunch. We enjoyed having Ophelie for our server, she was so nice. On a side note, we met Perfectmatch300 on our Sept. 2012 Dream cruise during the sail away. It's a small world!
Hi Teri1! Glad to see that you're still here too! We are currently booked for the Dream again in 2014 over the same time as the cruise we were on with you. It's the 3 day this time since our anniversary falls on day 2 of the cruise.
I am now going to spend the rest of the night singing the Small World song!
__________________
Nancy
perfectmatch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #561
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Loving the pics Karin! Nutella dairy? Huh...don't tell my kids that. Off to the calendars. Tom does such a great job and I'm totally slacking this season
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #562
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I love Palo brunch. Sounds like Ophelie made it even more special!

Jill in CO
We love it too! And we really try to go every time we cruise! Ophelie was sweet, especially since she was from Paris and go there a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Love the update !! That Brunch is fantastic I loved the look of both halves of pizza !!!I never would have considered Nutella a dairy either !!!!!
You really need to try and get a Palo reservation next time you cruise, Rosie. The food is outstanding and if I remember correctly, you do like blue cheese, don't you? You would love the blue cheese and grape pizza - sooooooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
I am now going to spend the rest of the night singing the Small World song!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Loving the pics Karin! Nutella dairy? Huh...don't tell my kids that. Off to the calendars. Tom does such a great job and I'm totally slacking this season
I am glad you like them. Yip - Nutella is dairy in Disney's universe , not in mine though.
Great to hear that you enjoy the calendars. Even though I have taken all the photos it is so neat to wait and see which one he picked for which day.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #563
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,644

Just so you know ..........

we are officially in the teens for our DLRP trip!
19 days and today is almost over.

And in exactly 2 months we will be on a plane to Orlando for our February break. VGF, Disney Dream, OKW here we coooooooooome!
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #564
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Navy"]

I am glad you like them. Yip - Nutella is dairy in Disney's universe , not in mine though.
Great to hear that you enjoy the calendars. Even though I have taken all the photos it is so neat to wait and see which one he picked for which day.
Hmmm, if Nutella is dairy then it is a health food so I can eat it all the time. I like the Disney logic!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #565
Teri1
DIS Veteran
 
Teri1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: OHIO
Posts: 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Hi Teri1! Glad to see that you're still here too! We are currently booked for the Dream again in 2014 over the same time as the cruise we were on with you. It's the 3 day this time since our anniversary falls on day 2 of the cruise. I am now going to spend the rest of the night singing the Small World song!
Hello! Glad to hear you are sailing on the Dream again, a great way to celebrate your anniversary. My DH said to tell your DH hello, he enjoyed talking with him on the sail away. We sailed back in Sept. on the Fantasy, we loved it so much we plan to sail on the Fantasy again in 2015, hopefully with our friends Karin and Tom. It's a small small small small world! Lol!
__________________
WDW 85, ASMu 97, ASMu99, ASMo 01, ASMo 03, POPC 04, POPC 06, POPC 08, Disney Wonder 10, CBR 10, CSR & Disney Dream 11, POR & Disney Dream 12, and POR, Disney Fantasy & AOA 13.
Teri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #566
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,470

Glad you got the problems taken care of.
Woohoo on the upgrade for the flight. I think I would have done it home to relax. LOL
Nice views on your tour.
The drink sounds good.
Gorgeous pics. The zip line looked like fun.
The buffet looked good.
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #567
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey
 
YukiPhnx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,020

Haha, Andrew would tell you that alcohol ALWAYS makes everything better.

The views in St.Thomas are gorgeous! I really look forward to visiting in the future.

The funny hats advent calendar is SO FUNNY!~ I'm cracking up at every picture! Good job, Tom!

All these food pictures are making me home sick...We only have an induction stove top in our kitchen so there's not a lot of Western foods we can make. I especially miss charcuterie! 4 slices of Prosciutto here cost about $10 USD because they import it from Europe.

Wow, that lunch you had looked amazing! I had no idea we could designate servers. I'll have to look into that.
YukiPhnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #568
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Hmmm, if Nutella is dairy then it is a health food so I can eat it all the time. I like the Disney logic!

Jill in CO
This would be AWESOME

Yay for the teens Karin
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #569
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,636

More yummy food pictures. But this time it's not making me hungry because I have a terrible cold and have no taste buds at the moment.

I'm glad you were able to arrange to get your server again for your next meals. It's always good to have someone you know and enjoy.

Yay for only the teens until your trip.
__________________
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #570
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Hmmm, if Nutella is dairy then it is a health food so I can eat it all the time. I like the Disney logic!

Jill in CO
What a great idea, Jill! It IS great thinking on Disney's point. I never thought of Nutella as a health food. Off to get the jar and a spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Hello! Glad to hear you are sailing on the Dream again, a great way to celebrate your anniversary. My DH said to tell your DH hello, he enjoyed talking with him on the sail away. We sailed back in Sept. on the Fantasy, we loved it so much we plan to sail on the Fantasy again in 2015, hopefully with our friends Karin and Tom. It's a small small small small world! Lol!
I really hope it works out the way we want it in 2015!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Glad you got the problems taken care of.
Woohoo on the upgrade for the flight. I think I would have done it home to relax. LOL
Nice views on your tour.
The drink sounds good.
Gorgeous pics. The zip line looked like fun.
The buffet looked good.
All caught up.
I was happy they were able to solve our MB dilemma. I am really looking forward to finally be able to book FP+.
The upgrade is a godsend for us and let me explain why we chose it to go TO the US.
Flying comfortably and being able to relax and sleep and first to get off the plane in the US and at the beginning of the line for immigration is totally worth it for us. We have a late flight (shortly before 9pm) home and will be tired enough to sleep, even in economy.

We just love Palo brunch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Haha, Andrew would tell you that alcohol ALWAYS makes everything better.

The views in St.Thomas are gorgeous! I really look forward to visiting in the future.

The funny hats advent calendar is SO FUNNY!~ I'm cracking up at every picture! Good job, Tom!

All these food pictures are making me home sick...We only have an induction stove top in our kitchen so there's not a lot of Western foods we can make. I especially miss charcuterie! 4 slices of Prosciutto here cost about $10 USD because they import it from Europe.

Wow, that lunch you had looked amazing! I had no idea we could designate servers. I'll have to look into that.
Alcohol definitely made the "Safari taxi" more bearable.

Both St. Thomas and St. Martin were beautiful and we hope to return there soon.

I am glad you enjoy the calendar! Tom loves making and sharing them.

They try to keep you with the same servers even in the high end restaurants. That way you get to know your servers well and they know YOU! We have made great friends that way.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: