Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #541
MEK
DIS Veteran

We are eyeing up a 2015 trip to DL so maybe, maybe we can include Napa. It sounds wonderful.

Love the sail away pictures. What a lovely view. And what better way to celebrate the open seas than a drink. Yours sounds delicious! Nice.

Dinner looks fab as well.

Another great update.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #542
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
We are eyeing up a 2015 trip to DL so maybe, maybe we can include Napa. It sounds wonderful.

Love the sail away pictures. What a lovely view. And what better way to celebrate the open seas than a drink. Yours sounds delicious! Nice.

Dinner looks fab as well.

Another great update.
We just pushed our planned 2015 California vacation back a year can't go without a longer WDW vacation for two years in a row.
But IF you go to California, you have to get in a few days to go to Napa. It's beautiful and LOTS of wineries to visit.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #543
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Karin, I am too far behind to make lots of comments. But now that I am back, I should be able to keep up better. I am loving your pictures of your trips off the ship. And the food...well, we all know how you kill me with your food pictures.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #544
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Another awesome update, Karin! You can add me to the list of people you're making hungry! I don't mind at all, though. Just gets me excited for our next cruise even though it is about 9 months away.

I should have known you would know about Diane Disney's passing. With your attention to detail in your TR, I should have known you wouldn't miss that!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #545
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Karin, I am too far behind to make lots of comments. But now that I am back, I should be able to keep up better. I am loving your pictures of your trips off the ship. And the food...well, we all know how you kill me with your food pictures.
Kathy, you have the best excuse ever for falling behind - a trip to WDW!

Those were two awesome cruises and we really enjoyed them - excursions, food and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Another awesome update, Karin! You can add me to the list of people you're making hungry! I don't mind at all, though. Just gets me excited for our next cruise even though it is about 9 months away.

I should have known you would know about Diane Disney's passing. With your attention to detail in your TR, I should have known you wouldn't miss that!
Ah, I am glad you like the update!
And it is NOT my fault those pics make you hungry. It's DCL who makes the yummy food!

Your cruise will be here before you know it. Our next one has kind of crept up on us ..... only 65 more days for us!
Guess I better get a move on with this trip report.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #546
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 9, August 15

Let’s see what the kitchen has to offer …. - Part 1

We had gone to bed early the night before and today we got up late.
So once we had gotten up we had a shower and finally got dressed for brunch at Palo. We had a 10 am reservation and about 5 minutes before that we walked up the stairs to the restaurant.
We were asked to wait at Meridian, but we had just sat down, when a cast member came by to get us. Ophelie was already waiting and walked to our table right by the window with us.

We were seated, Ophelie offered to bring us some water and off she went.

And when she returned she asked if we were ready for a tour of the buffet. Now, we have been to that buffet quite a few times, but it is always nice to have everything explained and so we followed her around the buffet.

It looked as beautiful and appetizing as always and since this time we had an early reservation and had not gotten to the restaurant already full, we were even more looking forward to it.
There were quite a few groups at the buffet already, but we got in line and Ophelie got through her spiel and added a few of her personal favourites, we should try.

Then she put some plates in our hands and with a fun smile said, “You know what to do now! Enjoy!” We got in line and went to fill our plates.
So many yummy options made it way too easy to fill the plate with delicious food.

First course on the plate we returned to our table to find two Mimosas there as well.

And after taking some photos of the food it was time to finally dig in. We took our sweet time to enjoy all the wonderful food on our plates and while we still did, Ophelie asked if we cared for some pizza.

To be continued ............

Don't forget .......... the advent calendars are open now. Don't miss fun pics and yummy pics!

Food Christmas calendar

Funny Hats Christmas calendar

Old 12-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #547
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

This is one thing I'm looking forward to the most in 2 weeks

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #548
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'll take one of each please. Wow...that is a lot of choices.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #549
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hey there Karin!

Oh, don’t you just love the people-watching from a verandah on a port day? Seriously, the verandahs are just heaven on any day!

Love your leaving-port pictures. It looks like some serious cruise ship traffic jam there!

Your Skyline cocktails sound very unique and interesting. I love it!

Once again, your Royal Court meal looks great. And I love your towel creature!!!

Awww - just love the views from Palo and Remy.

You did a great job getting buffet pics from Palo - I am terrible about getting pics like that so it is really fun to see some.

I didn’t do the Palo brunch this time (opted for Remy), but I really did enjoy it on the Wonder. There are so many tasty options. mmmmmm
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #550
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
This is one thing I'm looking forward to the most in 2 weeks
I completely understand! We have a little over 9 weeks until our next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'll take one of each please. Wow...that is a lot of choices.
I guess I did, Kathy - well, not quite, but there is A LOT of wonderful food to try. And then there are still my favourites, which I need seconds off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hey there Karin!

Oh, don’t you just love the people-watching from a verandah on a port day? Seriously, the verandahs are just heaven on any day!

Love your leaving-port pictures. It looks like some serious cruise ship traffic jam there!

Your Skyline cocktails sound very unique and interesting. I love it!

Once again, your Royal Court meal looks great. And I love your towel creature!!!

Awww - just love the views from Palo and Remy.

You did a great job getting buffet pics from Palo - I am terrible about getting pics like that so it is really fun to see some.

I didn’t do the Palo brunch this time (opted for Remy), but I really did enjoy it on the Wonder. There are so many tasty options. mmmmmm
We just LOVE our veranda and spend quite some time out there.
It was amazing seeing them manouvering the ships in and out of the harbour.

The towel "animals" Raj came up with were awesome and every day he would ask if he had repeated himself - he was determined to give us a new one every day.

We never went to that second Remy lunch. While the food was nice we just were not up to it being repeated a week later. Benoit had offered to get us a different menu but we gave it up for some "alcoholic tastings".

Old 12-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #551
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The buffet looks wonderful, was this breakfast or lunch ??
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #552
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
The buffet looks wonderful, was this breakfast or lunch ??
It's Palo brunch - you start out with breakfast fare and end on a high with lunch items and AWESOME sweets.
Only bad thing - you ROLL out.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #553
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Love the pics of the food at Palo's Brunch. We enjoyed having Ophelie for our server, she was so nice. On a side note, we met Perfectmatch300 on our Sept. 2012 Dream cruise during the sail away. It's a small world!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #554
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 9, August 15

Let’s see what the kitchen has to offer …. - Part 2

We took our sweet time to enjoy all the wonderful food on our plates and while we still did, Ophelie asked if we cared for some pizza.
Sure we do! Any chance you could bring us a half and half pizza? Half Margarita and half Gorgonzola and grapes. I know, Gorgonzola and grapes might sound a bit off, but boy is it yummy. The sweetness of the grapes, bursting with juice and flavour counteracts the harshness of the cheese. Even Tom, who does not like blue cheeses likes it. So, as soon as we had finished our first plate, the plate was whisked away and new plates placed in front of us and we were served our pizza.

We both took a piece

and started tucking in, but there was this voice asking, “Now, what would you like for your main course?”
Can you tell that Miss Ophelie took really good care of us? We ordered our main courses and went on to finish off that pizza.
Luckily Ophelie had timed it just right and gave us a few minutes between the pizza and the main course. But then more food arrived. Tom had ordered the

Chicken Parmesan, served on creamy risotto, while I wanted to try the

Lasagne Bolognese. Both were outstanding, so tasty and freshly made. Thank goodness, these portions were not too big, as we still had dessert to conquer. After we had finished our main courses, Ophelie seemed to have a little time for a chat as she stopped by our table and we talked about her time on the Fantasy.
This was her second contract and she really enjoyed the work and meeting so many new people. I could not help but ask if there was something she really missed being on the ship. She came up with a few things, but told us that it was mostly her friends and family and a few French staples, like real baguette.
We chatted for a while and somehow I told her about Ana and how we had always brought her Milka chocolate and a huge jar of Nutella. Now the word Nutella made Ophelie’s eyes light up. She then went on to tell us how she loved Nutella, but Disney would not allow them to bring it onto the ship as it was considered “dairy”. They were not even allowed to bring chocolate onto the ship and this is what she was craving too. Now, since we were travelling in the hot summer months we had not brought any chocolate, but a lot of other European sweets, and now we gave her a little bag full of those sweets.
To say she was in shock and very thankful would be an understatement. And while she went to hide her goodies we went to the dessert buffet to get a few sweet treats ourselves. Plates full again, we went back to our table and enjoyed the goodies.

And once we were done we signed our bill, left our sweet server a good tip and told her that we would be back on the next cruise as well.
At the reception we asked to mark down to have Ophelie for our next two reservations as well and they were happy to oblige.
Now it was time to get ourselves back to our stateroom and get changed. Finally in more comfortable clothes we chilled in the room for a while before we got antsy again. There is so much to do and see on that ship, but what did we want to do? Yes, we wanted to do some shopping, or at least do some window shopping. So down we went to deck 4 to take some photos,

and watch the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet.

We then went on to tour the shops and finally walked to the aft elevators to return to our stateroom to pick up our tickets for the galley tour. When we finally arrived at the side entrance of the Royal Court there were already a lot of people waiting.

To be continued ............

Don't forget .......... the advent calendars are open now. Don't miss fun pics and yummy pics!

Food Christmas calendar

Funny Hats Christmas calendar

Old 12-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #555
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Love the pics of the food at Palo's Brunch. We enjoyed having Ophelie for our server, she was so nice. On a side note, we met Perfectmatch300 on our Sept. 2012 Dream cruise during the sail away. It's a small world!
Teresa, I am so happy you liked Ophelie as much as we did. She is such a sweety (and not only because of Nutella. )

How awesome is it that you met Perfectmatch300 in 2012!! A small world indeed!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: