Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #496
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

UPDATE time!!!!!

I have a few updates I wanted to share with you all, but just didn't have time to do so.

Update 1:
As you might well know, we usually fly Lufthansa, as it is one of only two carriers flying out of our home town (there are a few others but they are charter). Now after our summer trip both Tom and I had a lot of airmiles and who would have guessed it, I could not stop but playing around with them. So after weighing my options it turned out that we had enough miles to pay for an upgrade to business class either on the way to the US or back home. Once I figured that out it was a no brainer - I would much rather change my three seat in a row asignement in coach to a nice and relaxing - turns to a bed - seat in business class. I called Lufthansa, but we didn't get the upgrade, all they could do was put us on a waitlist.
Now, all that was in September, right after we had gotten home.
Last Friday I got an email from Lufthansa, that our waitlist has gone through. We are now flying business class to the US! That means, that we will arrive rested and be able to take advantage of the MK opening hours until 1am. We are staying at VGF, so getting there should be a breeze.

Update 2:
Remember when I told you about my mix-up on MDE?
The first time I called the CM on the phone promised me that things would be resolved soon and for the next two weeks nothing happened, then I got a generic email and nothing more.
So last weekend I called again, got the sweetest CM on the phone, who said that it was no big deal and that she would get everything done while I was on the phone. About 20 minutes into the call she made a remark to my home-country being Austria and after making sure that I indeed WAS in Austria, she too told me that there was no way she would keep me on hold for that long, but she would get together with a supervisor right now (as they also had to change things on DVC) and if she had any more questions she would email me. Well, I got an email about 3 hours later and it was just to tell me that now everything was in its right place and I was set to make reservations as soon as my window opened.
Goes without saying that I went and checked into the affair and low and behold I AM able to get into the account and will be able to make FP+ selections soon.

Then I wanted to wish all our DISboards friends a

VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING

And since Christmas and Advent is just around the corner .......

Here are this year's two Christmas countdown calendars!

Food Christmas calendar

Funny Hats Christmas calendar
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #497
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Great news update Karin! So happy you got the MDE set up correctly. We are freezing here with snow, still waiting on baby Otto's arrival.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #498
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Great news on both the upgrade and the sweet CM who fixed your MDE and didn't make you wait on hold!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Jill in CO
Old 11-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #499
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great update Karin !! I too prefer a sit down breakfast , but the Lunch on boarding day was fantastic!! Great news on getting Business class on your flight to the US !!!Also for getting access to your FP+ I can't believe how close my trip is and I hae so much work to do before going But I will make it
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #500
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Your dinner in Palo looked delicious! For now, we are skipping that one on this next trip- for dinner, anyway. Having brunch there, though!

Glad to see you enjoying your verandah with some prosecco- looking forward to hearing what's on the agenda for STT!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #501
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Karin, awesome news on yourupgrade to Business class for your flight to the US. It seems like a good way to regain some of the time you spend traveling. My DH is very reluctant to make some of the longer trips I would like to take because of the travel time involved. I wonder if traveling in Business class would help.....
Glad you were able to get your MDE straightened out. As locals we haven't had much experience dealing with it yet. Hopefully before we do they will manage to get the kinks worked out.
I am looking forward to reading about your tour in St Thomas. I have been there several times now and have really enjoyed my time there, but I am always looking for new ideas. DH is not the beach bum that I am so I want to find excursions that both of us will enjoy. I am already considering the fort in St Martin as a possibility the next time we are there.

Nancy
Old 11-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #502
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Yay!!! for the upgrade and so happy they got your account settled. Sounds like the first person just didn't do anything about it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #503
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Great news update Karin! So happy you got the MDE set up correctly. We are freezing here with snow, still waiting on baby Otto's arrival.
Thank you, Teresa!
I hope baby Otto will be here soon. Please let me know when he arrives. And that photo of you, Mick and little Lily, that you sent some time ago, is just too cute!
I am glad we got the MDE sorted out. We are still too far out to make reservations, but I cannot wait to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Great news on both the upgrade and the sweet CM who fixed your MDE and didn't make you wait on hold!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Jill in CO
That was the nicest CM on the phone. She really tried to fix it and once she realized this was a long distance call she made sure she would be able to fix it without me holding.
And I am so pleased that the upgrade went through, especially since the MK will be open until 1am (we'll arrive at 6pm) and we are staying at VGF - so just a monorail ride away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great update Karin !! I too prefer a sit down breakfast , but the Lunch on boarding day was fantastic!! Great news on getting Business class on your flight to the US !!!Also for getting access to your FP+ I can't believe how close my trip is and I hae so much work to do before going But I will make it
Thank you, Rosie!
Lunch at the Enchanted Garden is a buffet too, Rosie! They just lead you to a table, bring you drinks and then you serve yourself at the buffet. It's just a tad more quiet there.
We are so pleased that our waitlist for Business class came through. And even though it is only for the flight TO the US, I am loving the idea of not being crammed into a tiny seat at the beginning of our trip.

Can't believe you leave for your big birthday trip next week. I just LOVED following along your planning thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Your dinner in Palo looked delicious! For now, we are skipping that one on this next trip- for dinner, anyway. Having brunch there, though!

Glad to see you enjoying your verandah with some prosecco- looking forward to hearing what's on the agenda for STT!
At least you are going to have yummy brunch at Palo! We do dinner there, because we want to skip the Pirate night menu - it's my least favourite, but since DCL pays for Palo dinner it is a no brainer.

We did a lot of sitting out on the veranda with a nice drink this trip. So relaxing to have two weeks of pure DCL bliss.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 12-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #504
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Karin, awesome news on yourupgrade to Business class for your flight to the US. It seems like a good way to regain some of the time you spend traveling. My DH is very reluctant to make some of the longer trips I would like to take because of the travel time involved. I wonder if traveling in Business class would help.....
Glad you were able to get your MDE straightened out. As locals we haven't had much experience dealing with it yet. Hopefully before we do they will manage to get the kinks worked out.
I am looking forward to reading about your tour in St Thomas. I have been there several times now and have really enjoyed my time there, but I am always looking for new ideas. DH is not the beach bum that I am so I want to find excursions that both of us will enjoy. I am already considering the fort in St Martin as a possibility the next time we are there.

Nancy
Nancy, after having the pleasure of flying business on this trip I can tell you that it is so worth it on long journeys. Even after a 13 hour stopover in Frankfurt and a 10 hour flight we arrived relatively relaxed. I cannot imagine how we would have felt flying economy.
I am really looking forward to try some new technology this trip. We did not get to try it out in the summer and since we only have three park days (and a night ) being able to select FP times might come in very handy.
As for St. Thomas/Sint Maarten - we are not huge beach people ourselves and since it was our first trip there, we chose to do an excursion that showed a lot of the island. Both were really nice.
The Fort in Sint Maarten is really worth climbing up the steps. The view was awesome and we just love a bit of history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay!!! for the upgrade and so happy they got your account settled. Sounds like the first person just didn't do anything about it.
When they said waitlist only for the business upgrade I was kind of sure it would not come true, but then I started to watch how much economy seats filled up (once you are booked you can choose and change your seats ) and it was not the same rate in business, so I kept my hopes high.
I was over the moon when it came through. The MK is open until 1am on our arrival day and hoping to score some LATE FP+ might give us a nice evening in the park PLUS we will be well rested as those business seats are VERY comfy and convert to a bed!
Now that second CM really knew what to do getting our MDE fixed. I am so happy it worked out and that we will be able to get some FP+!

Old 12-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #505
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 8, August 14

Banana Daiquiri saves the day! - Part 2

And after a short pit stop to pick up our IDs and bags for the day we were on our way to the D-Lounge to sign in for our tour.
Now today we were within the last people to arrive at the check-in and were told that we would leave in just a minute or two. About five minutes and a few more people later we really made our way down the stairs and off the ship.

Everyone followed the appropriate paddle

with the character whose sticker one was wearing. We were led to the parking lot and got a glimpse of our ride of the day.

The trucks they loaded us in were old, they just had benches in the back, open sides and it was hot and everyone was squeezed in like sardines. I am not sure what it is with me these days, but I did not feel very safe on this “safari vehicle”. Soon we left the parking area

and started to climb up the streets into the hills.

There were spectacular views of the Fantasy to be had

and the whole island looked so beautiful,

but I could not forget that we were sitting in this strange vehicle. When we made it to a viewpoint

we took a VERY sharp right and then down a very steep part of the street so we could park.

Was I happy to get off? You bet I was! But the view made up for it.

Our driver told us that we had a 10 minute break there and so everyone took off to take some photos and enjoy the view. There was a man with a “decorated” donkey

who would yell at anyone who tried to take a photo of it without paying him first – his comment, “that’s not a donkey, that’s a business”. Poor donkey – not so sure it wanted to be a business.
The 10 minutes went by far too quickly and soon it was time to board our “Safari taxi” again.

Higher up into the hills and down again we went and then up again to another view point and shopping area.

To be continued ............

Old 12-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #506
MEK
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on getting your business class upgrade. That sounds like the perfect way to travel.

And I'm glad everything is straightened out with your account.

Cute Thanksgiving picture! :good vibes

Yup - everyone DOES look a little packed in that vehicle, but the view is pretty darn spectacular. Love it.

Can you imagine actually paying that man for a picture of his donkey? Yeah, like THAT would happen.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #507
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Karin the mode of transportation does look a littleThe views of the Island were breathtaking !!!! Yes I have 2 more sleeps before Disney Soooooo excited
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #508
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Congratulations on getting your business class upgrade. That sounds like the perfect way to travel.

And I'm glad everything is straightened out with your account.

Cute Thanksgiving picture! :good vibes

Yup - everyone DOES look a little packed in that vehicle, but the view is pretty darn spectacular. Love it.

Can you imagine actually paying that man for a picture of his donkey? Yeah, like THAT would happen.
We are VERY happy that the upgrade went through! We will arrive so much more relaxed.

The view was worth the scary ride and I soon found a cure against my fear.
That guy was pretty stern about his donkey. I took that pic from the bus while he was not looking but he would really go after people who took a photo without paying him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Karin the mode of transportation does look a littleThe views of the Island were breathtaking !!!! Yes I have 2 more sleeps before Disney Soooooo excited
It was pretty scary until I found the perfect remedy against my fear.
The view was more than worth it though.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #509
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Don't forget .......... the advent calendars started today. Don't miss fun pics and yummy pics!

Food Christmas calendar

Funny Hats Christmas calendar

Old 12-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #510
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Don't forget .......... the advent calendars started today. Don't miss fun pics and yummy pics! Food Christmas calendar Funny Hats Christmas calendar
Cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: