Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #436
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Eek Karin - that burn looks really painful
Hope it's healing quickly
Excited to read about your excursion as we will be stopping there in June
Thank you, Linda. The burn was pretty bad in the beginning, but it is much better now.
We LOVED the Eastern itinerary. Both Sint Maarten and St. Thomas were awesome destinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
OW OW OW on that burn!!!!!!!!

Very annoying on the rude cast member and a bit disappointing on the breakfast.

As to the MDE thing...I've had that issue more than once with multiple profiles. They can actually fix it while you hold...I've had to do it twice now so you may want to call back. There is the special IT line or you can access it sometimes faster via the member services number.

I'm sure they will be able to fix it for you but right now as things are in flux I am a believer in fixing things now...versus waiting till there. If you make your selections now, you can always just copy them to his once he is fixed.
The cast member actually got to me more than the overcooked breakfast. She really put a damper on the day, but thankfully we forgot about her soon, as it was a beautiful day.

Cynthia thanks for letting me know they can fix the MB issue while you are on hold. I would not mind paying for that long distance call IF they were able to fix the issue. The other call I had to made took me almost 45 minutes at international rates and NOTHING got fixed - they messed it up even more.
Guess I am trying the member service number this time.

It's not all that urgent for us, as we are still outside the booking window, but I cannot book ANY FP+ for him, as on one account he needs a room reservation and on the other he needs a ticket. The ticket is linked to one account and the room reservation (and now MB - which they changed to the wrong account) is linked to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Now you know I am drooling over those eggs benedict !! Carol and I did lunch last week and when I saw eggs benedict immediately asked for them as the menu said till 2 p !!!They were delish !!!Sorry about the rude cm . How rude !!!The views of the island looked great !! Can't wait ti hear about your hike and maybe the shopping there !!
I knew you would understand about the Eggs Benedict, Rosie! They just spell vacation to me.
The island is beautiful! Hike and view from the top of the hill are coming up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
Hi Karin....I can't believe that I have away from your trip report for so long. So much to catch up on. I just needed a block of time at the computer and I finally had the chance.

Don't worry, Elaine, you have a lot on your plate, so I do understand about not having time for the DIS all the time. But it is great to have you back.

Glad you have all your future trips planned. They sound wonderful! I especially love the look of The Hotel New York....the Mets signature!!

We just changed/booked another one on Wednesday. I think, Mickey senses that there is a dollar in my pocket and tempts me with something else.

Congrats on your airline compensation.

Thanks, we were pretty excited ourselves.

The Fantasy looks beautiful. Love the bathrooms. The food looks delicious. Rachel would have loved to go to "Anyone Can Cook" no matter when it was, but how disappointing that the chef was not good on his presentation. I will have that cappuccino and dessert. How exciting to run into people from your first cruise and what are the chances that they were in the same wine tasting session you were in.

The Fantasy IS a beautiful ship. We loved every minute on board. It looks very similar to the DREAM, but then there are so many different areas.
Elaine, that was exactly what we said, it IS a small world, because, what are the odds that your table mates from your first cruise will sign up for the same tasting as yourself on your 11th cruise.

The Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin looks delicious and, of course the Grand Marnier Souffle is amazing. Love the pictures of the ship and ocean and I could really go for that frozen Cappuccino. Remys looks delicious, especially the dessert.

The food was so good again. And Remy lunch was outstanding, we really enjoyed it. The dessert was HUGE and a bit on the heavy side, but it was heavenly.

Your door magnets looked great....how sad that someone took the stitch magnet. Great towel animals.

We had so many magnets and FE gifts stolen the summer before that we were lucky they only took the one. We did bring a backup but we did not want to lose that one a well.

Sorry about your arm. I hope it's healing nicely and you are feeling better.

Thank you! It is healing well.

Very nice pictures of the ship sailing into St. Maarten. Also the views of St. Maarten and the ship in the background are beautiful. Can't wait to hear about your adventures on the island.

We loved the Eastern itinerary. The ports were absolutely beautiful. And the view from the top of the hill we were about to climb was absolutely stunning.

Congrats on your magic bands. Hope the problem gets straightened soon.
I really need to call again about the MBs. They have now been mixed up even more with their help.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #437
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Somehow I missed the post about your arm and the burn. I hope it is getting better.

I have to be totally honest. I am not in love with the whole MB/FP+ idea and do not think I will like it in three weeks (especially the FP+ portion).

Your tour of St. Marteens looks lovely.
My arm is getting MUCH better, Kathy! Thank you!

I do understand about the MBs, Kathy. We were not able to try them in the summer and I was giving up hope we would get to try them in February. Now, with the mix up I am not sure what I was hoping for.

You are so close to your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh man! It's bringing back memories of all the junk I went through with Disney Support and our MB's! Hopefully yours gets resolved quicker than mind did!

Wow! What a very rude CM! I'm sure it was busy and hectic in there, but she should have maintained some composure..

The Island is so pretty. I love the flag that says, "Welcome to the French Side!" Really cute!
I did think of your MDE problems when I first found out. I really hope they CAN get things sorted out.

Sint Maarten is pretty! We really enjoyed our day there. There were so many European touches, it made us feel right at home.

Going to DLRP a lot we should be used to rude CMs and I don't even mind/care about them there, but I was really shocked to encounter someone like that on the ship. All the CMs on the ship usually are SOOOOO friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I think that it will be a while before everything works the way it is intended. Right now, it all is just a headache. I had to "friend" myself on MDE in order to see everything. It was nuts! I am glad you found that you had an issue now rather thank later.

With all the changes it was so hard to stay on top of things and then when it did no longer recognize Tom's account we thought the easiest thing to do was create another with a different email.
HOW we were able to link the old account to the reservations and the MB and ticket to the other is beyond me.

How rude! I am sorry that your tour started out on that note.

We should have been prepared, as she WAS from Europe, but usually if they work in the US, they are not rude at all.
Oh well, we got over it.

Sounds despite the rude cm...now you were having some good luck!

Yes, at least we were comfy in our seats during the tour.

Sounds like a nice time with some nice views.
The views from the hills were absolutely awesome and stunning. We really enjoyed the tour.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2013, 04:45 AM   #438
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin -

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Between vacation and a crazy work schedule I am finally getting back on the boards.

I hope your arm is well on its way to healing. Ouch. That looks like a pretty bad burn.

yay for less than 100 days until your feb trip!!!!

Beautiful pictures of pulling into port. Just lovely!

Looking forward to getting caught up!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #439
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Karin I am sorry you are having such a problem with the MDE, it worked so well for us in Sept. We had everything planned out when we got there, dinning and fast passes. One morning we slept in and I jumped on my iPad when we got up and moved our FP reservations for that day back two hours and went to the park no worries. Of course this may not be so easy now that more people are using it and the magic bands. We can just be glad we got to try it when it worked the best and had a great experience, like when we got to try the free dinning plan when it covered appetizers and tips, that was an awesome week at WDW we will not soon forget. I am hopeful Disney will get yours and Toms accounts linked and you can enjoy your visit using the MB's, we loved using them for everything.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #440
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Good Afternoon Karin !!! I am enjoying my forced time off , gives me lots of Dis time !! Apart from a headache from cutting back on caffeine , I feel fine !!Can't believe how close my trip is getting !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #441
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi Karin -

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Between vacation and a crazy work schedule I am finally getting back on the boards.

I hope your arm is well on its way to healing. Ouch. That looks like a pretty bad burn.

yay for less than 100 days until your feb trip!!!!

Beautiful pictures of pulling into port. Just lovely!

Looking forward to getting caught up!
Welcome back, Mary Ellen!
I am so glad to have you back, even though I have to admit that you really deserved your vacation. Now I cannot wait for your TR!

My arm is doing very well, thanks for your concern.

Even better than the double digits for our February vacation ..... we leave in less than 7 weeks for a few days of freezing fun at DLRP! We will catch the tail end of Christmas and I cannot wait to see "my" castle all decked out for the holidays again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Karin I am sorry you are having such a problem with the MDE, it worked so well for us in Sept. We had everything planned out when we got there, dinning and fast passes. One morning we slept in and I jumped on my iPad when we got up and moved our FP reservations for that day back two hours and went to the park no worries. Of course this may not be so easy now that more people are using it and the magic bands. We can just be glad we got to try it when it worked the best and had a great experience, like when we got to try the free dinning plan when it covered appetizers and tips, that was an awesome week at WDW we will not soon forget. I am hopeful Disney will get yours and Toms accounts linked and you can enjoy your visit using the MB's, we loved using them for everything.
Teresa, I kind of messed up the accounts in the first place, but the really frustrating thing is that THEY have now messed it up even more.

The system offers me FP+, but won't grant it to Tom as his room reservation and now his MB are tied to his "Donald" account and his tickets are tied to his "Tinkerbell" account. What is frustrating is that after about 45 minutes on the phone there has been nothing accomplished.

I would really love to do FP+ as we only have our arrival night and two half days and one full day after the cruise. FP+ would allow us to hit all the big attrations without a long wait, which would be awesome as it will be President's weekend.

Quote:
Good Afternoon Karin !!! I am enjoying my forced time off , gives me lots of Dis time !! Apart from a headache from cutting back on caffeine , I feel fine !!Can't believe how close my trip is getting !!!!
I am so glad you are feeling well again. Enjoy your rest! I cannot believe how close you are to your trip!

Old 11-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #442
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Time for an update!

First ....... an update on last week's events.
I wasn't able to update much last week, as the week was a pretty busy one. On Monday we had a course to attend which took until after 6pm and was SOOOOOOO boring. Reading statistics ...... I started watching my watch and counting the minutes.

On Tuesday we had what is called "reading night" with one of our classes at school. What it is is a sleepover party that we do for one class at a time. Well, it was the class that I taught German in last year and the head teacher had asked me if I would stay with them. I like that class a lot, so I agreed. We did everything else, but no reading books as we were just to involved in doing sports, making pizza, and the girls and I made loom bandz (which I had learned to do from my lovely little friend Molly - thank you, sweety). It was a pretty long time until we were able to get a little rest. Reinhard, the other teacher sleeping on the doctor's "bed" and myself on the corner seating area in the teacher's room. Needless to say that after breakfast the next day, when the kids went home Reinhard and I were dead tired and were really happy that our headmistress had offered to us NOT to go to a meeting that was taking place that day.
I went home and took a nap and when I got up again I figured out that I would be able to change over our dummy cruises to "real" dates. As every year we intended to fly to Orlando during my half term vacation and take a 4 night cruise on the Dream. So I took down the dates, then looked through the new itineraries and something caught my eye. There was a cruise sailing out on Tom's birthday! I checked and low and behold this would be my Easter vacation. So I took that into consideration as well.
I called and after being on hold for a little while I got quotes for both cruises and changed BOTH over to the new dates - one for February and the other one for Tom's birthday, which is a 7 night on the Magic, calling at Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Castaway Cay.
Now the quote for the Magic costs quite a bit more than an arm and a leg, but I am SOOOOO hoping to be able to pull it off.
I am hoping to change the February cruise to one for the summer of 2015.

Thursday is my long day at school and I was happy when it was over!

Friday I had a lot of errands to run after school and finally today I am able to enjoy my weekend and work on updates.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #443
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 7, August 13

A visit to the Netherlands and France before Captain Jack takes over the Fantasy - Part 3

Right behind the market was a walkway up to Fort Louis and we decided to hike up and enjoy the view from up there.

There were lots of steps to conquer, it was hot, so we took our sweet time to climb up to the top of the hill

and the remnants of the Fort,

but it was so worth it. The view was breathtaking

and we went on to take photos and walk around the Fort, when Tom’s mobile let us know that a text message had arrived.
We looked and were excited to see that it said, we were now inside the EU and could make phone calls at an EU set rate. Needless to say, once we had found a spot were connection was fine we called our friends at home to let them know where we were.
We still had about half an hour to spare when we started our walk down again and quickly found ourselves back near the harbour.
Having miscalculated the small bills we would need for tips and being thirsty we decided to head to the Mall across the street to get something to drink and buy a few small items to get some small bills. The Mall was beautiful

and it was so nice to be in an air conditioned environment again.
We found a small bar, sat down and ordered some

Diet Coke and a Presidente beer for Tom.
The cold drinks hit the spot and as soon as we were refreshed again, we walked around the small stores in the mall and bought some postcards and magnets in several different stores, one at a time.
Yeah, small bills filled my purse again. About 5 minutes before we were supposed to be at the bus again we headed over and since it was only a one minute walk we made it there in time easily.

To be continued ............

Old 11-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #444
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Karin. That was a beautiful view up there !!! When is Tom's birthday that you will be cruising on in 2015 ? The sleepover sounded fun but exhausting !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #445
sdjen
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your report. Can you tell me what the name of your St. Maarten excursion was?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #446
Teri1
DIS Veteran

We didn't even know about the Fort and Mall. Our driver didn't give us but 45min. to an our to walk around there and only told us about the small shops by the water.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #447
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great Update Karin. That was a beautiful view up there !!! When is Tom's birthday that you will be cruising on in 2015 ? The sleepover sounded fun but exhausting !!!
It was a beautiful day and the view was even more beautiful than in the photos. You could see so far and the colour of the ocean was just beautiful.
Tom's birthday is at the end of March, Rosie! We will be sailing the week before Easter. The price is through the roof, but I am trying my best to make it happen. Sailing his birthday week AND a stop at Key West ... how much better can it get?
The sleepover is definitely fun, for kids and adults alike, BUT the sleep part either on the floor or somewhere very uncomfortable not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen View Post
Really enjoying your report. Can you tell me what the name of your St. Maarten excursion was?
I am glad you like the report and enjoy reading along.
The tour was called "Under two flags" and we were on the adult only tour they offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
We didn't even know about the Fort and Mall. Our driver didn't give us but 45min. to an our to walk around there and only told us about the small shops by the water.
I think we had about an hour and our driver had pointed out the Fort and Mall while we were still driving around. The walk up to the Fort took about 10 minutes, and that is if you "crawl up" like we did.
We were told about the small shops by the water as well, but warned that they are more tourist traps as well.
Guess you will have to go on another Eastern, Teresa.

Any news of Otto?

Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #448
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 7, August 13

A visit to the Netherlands and France before Captain Jack takes over the Fantasy - Part 4

About 5 minutes before we were supposed to be at the bus again we headed over and since it was only a one minute walk we made it there in time easily. We were the last ones to come back to the bus, and as soon as we had sat down we were off again.

Our driver told us that we would now go back to the Dutch side and that he would show us some of the areas that were good for shopping and that people who wanted to, could get off the bus there and make their way back to the ship on their own.
We had been thinking about going back to the ship and then walking back to Philipsburg, but that way it was much easier. So once we had made it to the center of town, we got off the bus, tipped the driver and walked through the narrow streets, peeking into a few shops.
We then made our way over to the beach promenade

and walked along the it. By that time it was way past noon, so we decided to get some lunch.
We looked into some of the open air restaurant, but we both did not feel like eating in the heat, so when we saw the Hard Rock Café,

which offered air conditioning, we knew we were in the right place. We headed up the stairs and at the check in desk were asked if we wanted to sit inside or outside. “Inside please”.
They led us to a nice table by the window

and we were handed a menu and served some water to rehydrate.
They had yummy drinks on the menu and since Tom did not have to drive, we quickly found something we liked. Tom ordered the

Southern Rock, Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, Southern & Comfort, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur and Smirnoff Vodka, mixed with sweet and sour and lemon-lime soda. I had set my mind on the

Raspberry Lemonade, a classic with a twist, superior rum, raspberries, raspberry syrup and fresh, made from scratch lemonade. Our server, who had taken our order talked us into getting their special, which meant that we would get a free refill and a souvenir glass if we ordered the slightly more expensive special. Oh well, we were tired and hot, so why not.
Our drinks were delicious, so we sat and sipped while waiting for our lunch. I had ordered the

Cajun Shrimp & Poached Pear Salad, spring mix tossed with goat cheese crumbles, chopped seasoned bacon and a sweet Dijon pear dressing, topped with poached pear segments, spicy pecans and grilled sweet cajun shrimp. It did sound a bit out of the ordinary, but that was what I felt like and it was absolutely delicious. Crisp salad, spicy shrimp and the sweet pears made for an absolutely fabulous lunch. Tom had ordered the

Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich, hickory smoked pork, hand pulled, so it was tender and juicy, served with Bar-B-Que Sauce and fried onions, seasoned fries, ranch beans and fresh coleslaw.
The portion was huge and hit the spot perfectly. And while we were munching away and checking the internet, thanks to free internet access we saw a familiar face entering. We thought for a few seconds until it dawned on us, the familiar face was Aladdin from the performance on our second day. He and a friend sat at a small table at the other end of the room and while waiting for their food they were taking advantage of the free internet as well. And while we still enjoyed our lunch our server came over to bring us our free refills and our souvenir glasses in a paper bag. We took quite some time until we were ready to head out again, but then finally started walking along the promenade towards the ship.

At the end of the promenade we turned left and headed inside the town.

We stopped into a few shops and bought a lovely hand painted bottle of rum and some beers for Tom to try. We stopped at the Del Sol store and needless to say we bought a T-shirt or two. Soon we had made it back to where the Hard Rock Café was.

And after a short deliberation we decided not to walk back to the ship, but use the water taxi that was offered there.

To be continued ............

Old 11-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #449
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin. How is your arm feeling? I know how painful that is - I burned my hand on steam from the teapot when the lid fell off while I was pouring about a month ago - the pain was excruciating for about 24 hours. I hope yours healed up quickly.

I'm glad you survived your sleepover! How cool that you found a cruise date for Tom's birthday! We were also considering cruising Summer 2015, but now we realized Jim's cousin who is like our niece in California will be graduating from college in San Fran, so our plans are changing. It will probably be DLR instead!

Yikes on the MDE fiasco! I am thinking it is going to be quite a problem for awhile. I am actually happy we took our trip before the bands kicked in, and I don't think we'll be back until some of the bugs are worked out.

Wow! I can't believe that CM was so rude! How would you know they were behind schedule? You got some great view pics in St. Maarten! It looked like Ft St Louis was worth the hike to see. What did you think of the shopping in Phillipsburg? My excitement to shop in an "exotic" location as quickly dampened by the pushy salespeople everywhere we went.

Your hard rock lunch looks delicious - Nice view to enjoy it from, also!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #450
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin!

I am really enjoying reading about your excursion and time off the ship.

And I was just looking at your signature and noticed that you have a trip coming up very soon and another shortly after that!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: