Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #301
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I think I gain 5 pounds EVERY SINGLE TIME I see food in your TR.

Loved seeing all of the kids meeting the charaters in the pictures you took.

Glad you enjoyed your meet and greet.

And I'd certainly be going to a cooking demonstration after eating.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #302
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I didn't even think about how many towel animals he would have to come up with for a back to back! Hmmm, now i'm wondering how many different ones you ended up getting. Guess i'll have to stick around and find out!

Tom's halibut looks so good. I love halibut and hardly ever buy it here. It's so expensive so.

I don't think i've ever had meatloaf at Disney. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if i'd see it on a menu, but it actually looks delicious!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #303
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

All of your beautiful food pictures....oh I can't wait! The drinks look quite yummy too! I think I might have chosen to watch them make apple strudel as well....one of my favourite desserts!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #304
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

Day 3, August 9
What a nice shopping day! And to go see a movie too? I have not done that while on vacation, but there have been a couple times I have considered it. The fact there is a theater in DTD makes it convenient.

I know this is on several of the menus... and it was tempting to try. It looks so pretty and yummy.

Your meals at the Wave looked yummy...and the desserts. They do change their menu often though don't they? I don't recall those being options last month...

Quote:
We all wanted to go up to the Top of the World Lounge and watch the fireworks from up there.
So is this a DVC thing? Sounds like it might be a fun place to watch the fireworks. What is required to be able to do this? And obviously, kids are ok even though it is a lounge?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #305
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we were up to a great start! And it went on like this, we were very lucky.
You really should try and participate in the FE, Roni! I am SURE, Willow would love it, both the handing out and sneaking around the ship and the coming back to your stateroom and finding a lot of gifts in your FE!

I cannot believe we have so many more trips planned. Guess I need to get my act together and finally finish all these trip reports.
You know, maybe next time I will get my act together and participate in a FE. I know you are right that Willow would love it! Just the idea of having to bring more stuff with us is a little overwhelming to me - you have seen how heavy we travel even without extra stuff!

Your day just continues to be a blast! What an awesome reception with the officers - I would love to experience something like that.

We loved Royal Court for lunch!!! The atmosphere was just perfect, and we found really tasty food there too.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #306
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

I am just loving hearing about your cruise and seeing all the pictures of the Fantasy, Karin. I hope I will be able to finish your tr before my Fantasy cruise in 38 days! Do you have to sign up for the cooking demo's or can you just show up? Can't wait to read more!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #307
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I'm actually worried that might happen on my cruise. There is a disboard thread, but the FE is on a Facebook page. I'm worried that not everyone has Facebook and this could cause some problems. I'm not in charge of either, however. So far everyone seems very nice, so I hope my fears end up being unfounded. I do think the Facebook page has reduced the traffic on our Disboard thread, since it seems like people are opting to post there instead of here. I have Facebook, so this isn't a problem for me, but like I said, I'm worried for those that don't and want to participate.
My next cruise thread is really quite and the trip is only 112 days away!! There is also a FB page but that is super quite too.
Karin I think it was so sad that your first FE went to sour but I CAN SAY WITH OUT A DOUBT IT WAS THEIR LOSS NOT YOURS!!!

Quote:
No problem falling behind, Michelle, you have A LOT of other things to think about.
We just loved having you on the fireworks cruise, we have always had so much fun together, I consider you part of my family.

I know, not getting together lateron was a bit sad for us too, BUT, there is always next time. And we will return for longer time period in 2015! So we definitely have to make plans for that.
You haven't tried WPE for breakfast yet? You should, it is so yummy - but go there VERY hungry or share, the portions are HUGE.

We LOVE you guys and consider you family too

It's only a problem if it isn't communicated enough. We had FB groups during other cruises as well and they always came back to the DIS to chat and let us know what was going on on FB.
I think as long as communication is good and no one wants to take over from someone else (without telling the person ) then you should be okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

You need to let me know about Jamaica on your Fantasy cruise - we went to Costa Maya and thankfully it was a short visit - we were not impressed.
I agree regular communication is what is important!!!
I am finally caught up again and I have to say I am SOOOOO HUNGRY!!!!LOL!!!!
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #308
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice update. Sounds like a fun day.
Those Godiva drinks look good.
What a fun evening. Good day overall.
That breakfast looked so good.
Yeah! You’re onboard.
I hope the fish extender will be safe this time.
The dinner looked good.
Those are a lot of nice plans you have. I will be in Italy next September and then DLP for 2 days. DLP is alone for me as no one wants to go but I should be able to more things that way.
Nice breakfast and pics walking around.
All caught up again.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #309
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Playing catch up after being on the Dream this week! Your plans look great for all your future trips!

Jill in CO
Old 10-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #311
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Our first three nights had gone by far too soon.

Quote:
One last visit to the balcony

[URL=http://s326.photobucket.com/user/tinkerbellat/media/Reisen%20USA/Summer%202013/Day%2004%20August%2010/IMG_8743_zps547d79c0.jpg.html]
Is it just me or is that balcony bigger even in the studio... than other resorts?
Quote:
But before that we wanted to meet Jeff, Lily, Molly and Philip one more time and have breakfast together.
It is so cool you got some more time together!
Quote:

Wolfgang’s Breakfast Pocket, scrambled eggs, ham, roasted peppers, red onions, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese, which we were happy to see back on the menu. And I had my favourite breakfast food ever, the

Breakfast Pizza, scrambled eggs, bacon, mozzarella, cheddar cheese and caramelized onions. Both dishes were equally delicious and it was nice to share some of our favourite dishes and have one last fun breakfast together.
Every time you post your breakfast there I think that I HAVE to have it some time. Sadly I never do...

Quote:
we had finished our hearty breakfast, we all headed towards the parking lot, but first the kids wanted to get into the splash area again.
We all sat and watched them run around and getting soaked and they even sometimes slipped, but were up and at it again in a second.

Kids love these play areas. Is it just me...or did WDW get rid of them in the parks? I have pictures of Zoe when she was younger playing in Epcot and in MK... but I have not seeing any in a long time.

Quote:
and were on our way to the port. About an hour later we caught the first glimpse of the Disney Fantasy

Quote:
First off we were stopped at the DVC desk and asked if we were members and YES, we were, so we received our lanyards and then were told we were put on the list, so we would receive our gifts as well. Then we headed over to check in and were directed towards the Castaway Club check in.
Again, the line moved pretty fast and soon it was our turn to fill in the health form and be checked in. We were handed our Keys to the World with a smile, then the cast member went to pick up our new lanyards. Black ones! For the first time! And while she handed them to us she mentioned that next time we cruised we would be able to use the Concierge desk to check in! I had heard conflicting reports about it, so was not sure if we should have gotten in that line, but it was nice to know now.
Since we were Platinum Castaway Club Members there was no more port arrival time for us, so we were able to head on board right away. We skipped the photo op and were soon in line to be announced. It was fun to hear the cast member announcing our family with a “And now, all the way from Austria .....”!
That is so cool! Special treatment for special people!!!

Quote:
On board we stepped and were in awe with the Atrium. It was so beautiful. Not that I am not in awe with it on every one of the three ships we have been on, but nothing says vacation more clearly than to step into the grandeur of a Disney cruise ship Atrium. One of the officers just went up to us, welcomed us and asked if we had any questions, but was sure we would know our way around the ship, since we had sailed with Disney Cruise line quite a bit. And after a little more friendly chit chat we headed to the Enchanted Garden for lunch.
Cant wait to see the atrium pics!! I am slowly but surely getting caught up!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #312
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you're off to smooth sailing! All of your food pics are making me hungry as usual. Too bad "our" tugboat wasn't up to the usual standards. As for your dinner, how many desserts do they expect you to have?

It is driving me crazy that people are taking things off your door. It just didn't used to be that way. I wonder what has changed? I am thinking I enjoy the FE a lot, but the giving part. It was hard bringing that much stuff home and we didn't really use any of it. I am thinking about being a "secret santa" next time and just go around and sneak extra surprises in all of the FE's without hanging one up myself. Of course if the grandkids are along, they would enjoy the receiving.

Sounds like the show was a new show for you? I was wondering with all the cruises you've been on how many of them are repeats. Thanks for reporting - looking forward to more!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #313
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I think I gain 5 pounds EVERY SINGLE TIME I see food in your TR.

Loved seeing all of the kids meeting the charaters in the pictures you took.

Glad you enjoyed your meet and greet.

And I'd certainly be going to a cooking demonstration after eating.
I am so sorry about all the food, Kathy. Unfortunately you will have to "suffer" through a lot more food pics - sea air makes VERY hungry.

There are so many character meet and greets all day long. And the Atrium is the perfect venue for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I didn't even think about how many towel animals he would have to come up with for a back to back! Hmmm, now i'm wondering how many different ones you ended up getting. Guess i'll have to stick around and find out!

Tom's halibut looks so good. I love halibut and hardly ever buy it here. It's so expensive so.

I don't think i've ever had meatloaf at Disney. I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought if i'd see it on a menu, but it actually looks delicious!
Raj was cute about his towel animals. He told us that he counted how many he had in his repertoire and he should have enough. But every night he asked if he had given us a repeat.

That halibut is so good. I actually have had it before a few times, but I always substitute the rice for mash. Something about mash in the US.

I wouldn't usually order meatloaf here either but tried it once on our back to back to back Dream cruises and it was really delicious. So I happily order it now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
All of your beautiful food pictures....oh I can't wait! The drinks look quite yummy too! I think I might have chosen to watch them make apple strudel as well....one of my favourite desserts!
There is so much wonderful food around - thank god their portions are not too big, so you can taste more.

I just love to watch them make apple strudel. It is something that is VERY common here and everyone knows how to make it. So watching the chefs doing it is fun. Unfortunately we have only seen it made properly in a demonstration and then the chef came from Hungary (once part of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire).

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What a nice shopping day! And to go see a movie too? I have not done that while on vacation, but there have been a couple times I have considered it. The fact there is a theater in DTD makes it convenient.

Jeff was using up "leftover" tickets and we didn't want to waste a ticket for just a few hours, so a non park day was fun as well.
And we finally got to see a movie at DTD!

I know this is on several of the menus... and it was tempting to try. It looks so pretty and yummy.

It really looked pretty and Jeff enjoyed it very much. We all had fun watching him "infuse" the strawberries though. It was not easy and some of the liqueur spilled out.

Your meals at the Wave looked yummy...and the desserts. They do change their menu often though don't they? I don't recall those being options last month...

I think they change it up a bit seasonally. There are about the same meats, but the preparation of it and the sides vary.

So is this a DVC thing? Sounds like it might be a fun place to watch the fireworks. What is required to be able to do this? And obviously, kids are ok even though it is a lounge?
Yes, you can go up to the lounge and observation deck as long as you are a DVC member and stay on property. They had offered it for a limited time first, then opened up the option to go there a while ago. I hope they will continue to do so. It is a nice place to watch the fireworks.
Kids are very welcome, even in the lounge.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #314
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
You know, maybe next time I will get my act together and participate in a FE. I know you are right that Willow would love it! Just the idea of having to bring more stuff with us is a little overwhelming to me - you have seen how heavy we travel even without extra stuff!

Your day just continues to be a blast! What an awesome reception with the officers - I would love to experience something like that.

We loved Royal Court for lunch!!! The atmosphere was just perfect, and we found really tasty food there too.
Roni, we travel with a lot of stuff since we usually stay for 4 to 5 weeks, so I know what it is like, but we just bring small homemade, light weight gifts for the FE. Only problem is ..... you will get A LOT of gifts back!

The officers meet and greet is always fun and you get to know them a bit. It was funny as we ran into a lot of them again and they all came up to chat again. We had such fun interacting with them all.

As you will see, Royal Court pops up as our breakfast and lunch restaurant very often. We find it a very nice and relaxing place to be and I rather be served than serve myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
I am just loving hearing about your cruise and seeing all the pictures of the Fantasy, Karin. I hope I will be able to finish your tr before my Fantasy cruise in 38 days! Do you have to sign up for the cooking demo's or can you just show up? Can't wait to read more!!!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the report so far. I am trying to update as much as I can, but at the moment, with all the testing going on at school it is pretty hard to get an update in. I will try hard, I promise.

You don't have to sign up for the cooking demo. They are announced in the navigator and you just show up. They are usually a lot of fun and you can sample the dish they are making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
My next cruise thread is really quite and the trip is only 112 days away!! There is also a FB page but that is super quite too.
Karin I think it was so sad that your first FE went to sour but I CAN SAY WITH OUT A DOUBT IT WAS THEIR LOSS NOT YOURS!!!

I agree regular communication is what is important!!!
I am finally caught up again and I have to say I am SOOOOO HUNGRY!!!!LOL!!!!
Both of my cruise threads for February and summer are pretty quiet. There is FB group for both as well, but they are equally quiet. I really hope the February one picks up a bit, once we get closer.
And I could not agree with you more, communication is key! But for that first cruise they dried up the DIS tread by immediatly luring everyone over to FB as soon as they posted for the first time.
But what got me most, was that one of them took on the FE that was started on the DIS and took it over and made changes to it without communicating it to us on the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice update. Sounds like a fun day.
Those Godiva drinks look good.
What a fun evening. Good day overall.
That breakfast looked so good.
Yeah! You’re onboard.
I hope the fish extender will be safe this time.
The dinner looked good.
Those are a lot of nice plans you have. I will be in Italy next September and then DLP for 2 days. DLP is alone for me as no one wants to go but I should be able to more things that way.
Nice breakfast and pics walking around.
All caught up again.
We so enjoyed the time with Jeff and his family.
This time I can say that the FE was safe and if something went astray we would not have noticed it, as it was always full of things.
Looks like we will be at DLRP right before you as we are spending 9 days there after our Med cruise. I am sure you will have fun on your own as well. It is a nice place to be and the parks are so close together.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-27-2013, 04:07 AM   #315
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Playing catch up after being on the Dream this week! Your plans look great for all your future trips!

Jill in CO
Hope your Dream cruise was awesome! We cannot wait to get back on the Dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
MMM lunch looks really good. I want to try that Quesidilla.
You really need to try it next time you sail, Jen! Oh, all the food at RC was really nice for breakfast AND lunch as well as dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

Is it just me or is that balcony bigger even in the studio... than other resorts?

Ann, that has been our only "studio" experience other than BLT - and to me the balcony at BLT seemed larger.

It is so cool you got some more time together!

Every time you post your breakfast there I think that I HAVE to have it some time. Sadly I never do...

We really didn't want to part! The time with them was so nice.
And you REALLY need to try and fit in a WPE breakfast. They are really yummy and you can easily share.

Kids love these play areas. Is it just me...or did WDW get rid of them in the parks? I have pictures of Zoe when she was younger playing in Epcot and in MK... but I have not seeing any in a long time.

Actually I never paid much attention to them. But seeing the fun the kids have I really hope they did not remove any of them in the parks.

Cant wait to see the atrium pics!! I am slowly but surely getting caught up!
There will be lots more pics of the ship coming up. We were very lazy taking pics this time (well, even though we took about 7000 over the course of 5 weeks. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Sounds like you're off to smooth sailing! All of your food pics are making me hungry as usual. Too bad "our" tugboat wasn't up to the usual standards. As for your dinner, how many desserts do they expect you to have?

The tugboat did improve over the two weeks. But it never got close to the one I had on the Dream.
Thankfully there were some desserts that just didn't appeal to us at dinner otherwise our server would have fed us a few more.
But we ended asking for them to be boxed up, took them with us and gave them to Raj, who loved those treats.

It is driving me crazy that people are taking things off your door. It just didn't used to be that way. I wonder what has changed? I am thinking I enjoy the FE a lot, but the giving part. It was hard bringing that much stuff home and we didn't really use any of it. I am thinking about being a "secret santa" next time and just go around and sneak extra surprises in all of the FE's without hanging one up myself. Of course if the grandkids are along, they would enjoy the receiving.

Tammie, it was okay those two cruises. And don't let one bad cruise spoil your FE fun. We have always done it, and even though we had to remove everything from our door in 2012 this year was very different.

Sounds like the show was a new show for you? I was wondering with all the cruises you've been on how many of them are repeats. Thanks for reporting - looking forward to more!
They do have different shows on the ships. This time I think we only had one that we already knew. Needless to say that with all the cruises we have taken on the Dream we have seen those shows numerous times.

Last edited by dizneeat; 10-27-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: