Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #271
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Karin our DIS meet thread ended up on FB too, so there was not much going on in the thread, so once we got on the ship we were so busy we decided to forgo the meet time. I loved the fudge dusted with cocoa at dinner! Hey, I didn't get to tell you that we ran into Slaven our assistant server from our Wonder Cruise in 2010. He told us that Alex the Server was back in Russia working.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #272
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Your updates make me want this next year to whiz by so we can experience all the grandeur of the ship!!! Love the detail that you write about....I am grinning from ear to ear and can't wait to read more!!! The food looks AMAZING!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #273
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Your last morning at DTD looks like so much fun!

Very sad about the DISmeet and thread going a bit south. There is a thread for the cruise we are currently booked on. It's a little less than a year away and some folks on it were very upset that a FB page got started. We aren't even really at the FE level yet so I'm not sure what the big deal is, as long as everyone keeps each other looped in as there are many folks who aren't on FB.

Luckily our 2 cruises had both FB and a DISthread and all played nicely together but ugh, that is frustrating!

Lovely first evening.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #274
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying your trip report very much. I'm so excited there will 2 weeks so it will take a long time!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #275
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a great first day aboard the Fantasy you are having Karin
I didn't know that Galley Tours were offered on the Fantasy so I look forward to seeing your review and hope it's still offered when we cruise next May
Shame about the DIS meet but it sounds like you still had fun with the FE
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #276
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Sounds like a fantastic start to your cruise! How many of those Castaway Club bags do you have? Haha, seems like a lot. Do you have a place at home where you put all your lanyards?

When I was in WDW in Feb, I finally tried your favourite breakfast at Wolfgang's! And it sure did not disappoint. Yumm-o!

Love your TR, can't wait for more!
YukiPhnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #277
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
All caught up again! Wow - I got pretty far behind.

So - love that you got to spend so much time with your friends pre cruise. I bet it was hard to say good bye. The kids look like they were having a wonderful time! Love all the ears they tried on.

That godiva flight looked really interesting.

And the breakfast pizza - you know I'm a fan!

Sounds like an uneventful ride to the port and the start of your cruise went off without a hitch. Your cabin is so cute and you did a great job with your door! Very nice!

Looking forward to more!
With your workload lately it is no wonder you fell behind. Good thing I don't get around to posting much during the week.

We all had so much fun and it was really hard to say goodbye.

Thankfully the ride to the port WAS uneventful and we got onto the ship in a very short period of time.
Thank you for your comment on the door. I have to give credit to Tom, who does all the designs and we got quite a few comments while on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Diiner looks good. We are heading out of town today to a town call Frankenmuth. We go every year. It's sort of a German town, though I am sure it does not represent the real Germany at all. But they have a great all you can eat chicken dinner, so I will return a few pounds heavier and is a family tradition each year.
I am glad you are getting your FE gifts this year and not having a little set of theives taking them!
We really enjoyed dinner at the Enchanted Garden.

Jen, I looked at the pics of the German town on FB and it does look Bavarian.
Hope you got your money's worth at the chicken dinner.

Yes, we got a lot of FE gifts this summer. But there also were a few items stolen off our door. Thankfully we had brought seconds .... and thirds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Karin our DIS meet thread ended up on FB too, so there was not much going on in the thread, so once we got on the ship we were so busy we decided to forgo the meet time. I loved the fudge dusted with cocoa at dinner! Hey, I didn't get to tell you that we ran into Slaven our assistant server from our Wonder Cruise in 2010. He told us that Alex the Server was back in Russia working.
Most threads nowadays end up on FB and I am not against it, but there are still some people who do not do FB and as long as they communicate to both sites it's okay.
In our case it just killed the DISboards thread.
How fun that you should run into Slaven! So Alex is back in Russia? We talk about him often and remember how nervous we made him when we chatted so much instead of eating.

Btw, did you get a chance to meet Ophelie and give her the "present"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Your updates make me want this next year to whiz by so we can experience all the grandeur of the ship!!! Love the detail that you write about....I am grinning from ear to ear and can't wait to read more!!! The food looks AMAZING!
As long as the days crawl while we are at Disney in January (Paris) and February (WDW) I don't mind the year to whizz by.

The Fantasy is another amazing Disney ship. We love them all. They look so familiar and then so different. And they are all so beautiful.
The food is pretty good on all the ships and there is A LOT of it!!!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #278
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Your last morning at DTD looks like so much fun!

Very sad about the DISmeet and thread going a bit south. There is a thread for the cruise we are currently booked on. It's a little less than a year away and some folks on it were very upset that a FB page got started. We aren't even really at the FE level yet soI I'm not sure what the big deal is, as long as everyone keeps each other looped in as there are many folks who aren't on FB.

Luckily our 2 cruises had both FB and a DISthread and all played nicely together but ugh, that is frustrating!

Lovely first evening.
We all had a blast at DTD that day. And for us it was so fun to see the kids get so excited while running through the water play area.

Thankfully this was the only DISmeet thread that ended up that way. I don't think it's the fact that there is another "venue" but the communication back and forth and leave things at where they were started or have the same person run both.

Once we got on board and had skipped the meet we started to relax and wind down and it was such an awesome time we had on the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I'm enjoying your trip report very much. I'm so excited there will 2 weeks so it will take a long time!
I am glad you are enjoying the trip report.
We had two wonderful weeks on board and there is lots more fun to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a great first day aboard the Fantasy you are having Karin
I didn't know that Galley Tours were offered on the Fantasy so I look forward to seeing your review and hope it's still offered when we cruise next May
Shame about the DIS meet but it sounds like you still had fun with the FE
It was a really nice first day.
If you haven't done the Galley Tour you definitely should, Linda. Best to sign up for it right when you get onto the ship - they sell out fast and I think they only had two times when it was offered.

As long as I did not have to face some of the people from the DISmeet thread we were perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Sounds like a fantastic start to your cruise! How many of those Castaway Club bags do you have? Haha, seems like a lot. Do you have a place at home where you put all your lanyards?

When I was in WDW in Feb, I finally tried your favourite breakfast at Wolfgang's! And it sure did not disappoint. Yumm-o!

Love your TR, can't wait for more!
We had a really nice start to the cruise part of our vacation!

To be honest, I think we still have 6 or 7 of the backpacks. We did give some away and I keep one in my Owner's Locker. Same goes for the lanyards. I have one silver set, one gold set and one black set all still sealed to keep and the rest is used for EMH at WDW and Tom keeps his work keys on the DVC one.

Glad you liked WPE breakfast.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 10-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #279
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Yes Karin, We asked to have Ophelie as our server when we went to Palo for brunch and I told her we had a gift for her from you and Tom, she was so surprised! She told us she got the package you sent her and how she lived on Nutella in France. She hid her gift and then took us on our tour of the buffet. She was a very nice server.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #280
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the reason your DIS meet went south. I don't know much about the FE...guess I've not paid attention since we probably will never do a cruise.

I'm sitting here drooling over those scallops that Tom had. I do love me some scallops.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #281
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Just a short little update on future trips planning.

We actually bought our flights for that trip some time ago. I had thought of using airmiles to pay for it, but the price was too good not to pay cash for them.

So, we are set for this trip, which will mean that we will leave Linz in the afternoon of Jan 3rd, arrive in Paris at around 7pm and pick up a rental car (which we will book on Tuesday - I found a really good price for it!) and drive to DLRP to check into the Hotel New York.

Then we will spend two full days in the park and on Monday the 6th we will check out of the hotel, spend all day in the parks and fly home at 7pm. We should arrive back home at 10.30pm. I only start in the afternoon on the following day, but poor Tom will have to go to work again at 6am.

Summer Med cruise on the Magic

I checked prices for flights a few days ago and again found an incredible price on Lufthansa (a little over 400 Euros) for return flights for both of us! Needless to say I booked them right away.
We are now flying in 3 days prior to our cruise and flying back home one night (2 days) after the cruise.
Still have to make my mind up for a hotel, but that should be done soon!

After the cruise and stay in Barcelona we will stay at home over the weekend and on Tuesday fly out again (and again the price was more than right, so we are saving our miles) - this time to

Paris! We renewed our APs last May and they gave us 18 months instead of 12, so why not take advantage of them and add a little trip to Paris too.

We have booked a villa at the Adagio Access,

the place where we always stay for 9 nights

and are flying home on Thursday the following week.

I guess we will squeeze in a trip or two to Italy as well, but no definite plans here.

Then, yesterday the booking window for our upcoming cruise opened - 120 days out.
I was at my computer at 6am (midnight EST) and booked us a Palo dinner, a Palo brunch and

yes, you guessed it

a Cabana again. This time we will be in Cabana 20!

So, there you have it ...... all the planning updates.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #282
KatMark
DIS Veteran

WOW...you do have the trips planned. Good for you and Tom; and great you were able to get some good airfares.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #283
MEK
DIS Veteran

You've got some great future plans. Spending the New Years at DLP sounds so awesome as do all the other future trips!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #284
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Karin, don't forget to PM or email me when you decide on dates for our 2015 cruise when they become available. We really enjoyed the Fantasy it is such a beautiful ship with lots to offer, we can't wait go again.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #285
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Yes Karin, We asked to have Ophelie as our server when we went to Palo for brunch and I told her we had a gift for her from you and Tom, she was so surprised! She told us she got the package you sent her and how she lived on Nutella in France. She hid her gift and then took us on our tour of the buffet. She was a very nice server.
I am glad you had her as your server. She was such a sweetie when we were her guests and I am glad to hear that she got all her Nutella supplies. She has to share them with her room mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry for the reason your DIS meet went south. I don't know much about the FE...guess I've not paid attention since we probably will never do a cruise.

I'm sitting here drooling over those scallops that Tom had. I do love me some scallops.
Kathy, once we got onto the ship I kind of tried to forget about them and there was so much to do and see (and eat ).

Tom loves those scallops - I tried them the year before and they were really good.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: