Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #136
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas lady View Post
Enjoying your trip report..
Dh & I leave in 6 days for our cruise!!!
Welcome!
I am glad you enjoy the trip report so far. I was so busy last week, I never got around to updating, but I will do better, I promise.
You are so close to your trip, you must be so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Dalmatian Day Now I have a little puppies with spots running around inside my head. You guys are funny!

Kate
It's a fun expression, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just keeping up , don't want to miss an update !!!!
Update coming up pretty soon, Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
All these hanges , with the wrist bands , the NO GAC and FP + ,I am gonna have to0 relearn Disney
They are just trying to offer you a "new" experience, Rosie! Keeps us on our toes.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #137
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Karin, they must want us back very badly. I've been getting PIN numbers since last fall, the best was 35% off the Club Level. That is what I used this past trip. We want to go out west next year, but who knows if Disney comes calling with a great PIN!

Bob decided WDW wasn't so bad after all, he wanted to stay longer. Imagine that!
Wow! 35% off is a REALLY good deal! Clever girl to grab it!
And so happy that Bob wants to stay longer. It is pretty there isn't it.

We wanted to do the West Coast as well the summer after next, but somehow we cannot get away from the cruising, so we decided that after we cruise the Med next summer we WILL return to Florida for the summer of 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Me too!! It is whole new Disney!! Sure hope I like this one!!
It IS Disney, Christine, I am SURE, you'll like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
You know, I am too old for it too! I need to learn how to make myself slow down.

I love getting to read about DLRP!
Oh, it's easy to slow down - just stay for a month and you will see how easy it is.

DLRP is very pretty all decked out for Christmas, but it can get VERY cold at that time of the year, so the hot chocolate comes in very handy.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #138
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, August 8

Cruise friends - Part 2

Soon it was our turn to hit the course and we all tried our best and while we tried so hard we shared a lot of laughs. We took our sweet time getting through the course and had several groups overtaking us while we just stood and chatted and had a blast.

About halfway through the course Tom and I discovered that we had forgotten one important thing, applying sunscreen. So we knew we were in for a bit of a sunburn, but we had just too much fun to think about it.
When our game came to an end, we returned our clubs and were rewarded with mini sugar canes which we ended up giving to the kids. We all then went back to our cars, Jeff and his family went back to their hotel for a little rest and a dip in the pool while Tom and I headed out to do some shopping for our Fish Extender gifts and some snacks and drinks to take along for the cruise.
So we went to Kissimmee and went through some stores without finding shops to find all the things we still needed and ended up close to Krispy Kreme. Unfortunately the “Hot Now” sign was not on, so we decided that instead of stuffing ourselves right there and then to just pick up half a dozen doughnuts and try some different ones when we got back in in the evening.
Last stop was Publix, where we stocked up on drinks to take on the cruise and for the two days we were still at OKW. Needless to say we needed some nibbles as well and our cart was quickly filled. When we walked outside we could see the grey clouds rolling in and it started to rain when we had loaded everything into the car.
Ten minutes later we were back at Old Key West and hurried to take all our shopping upstairs before the downpour started. We had some time to rest and relax, so we put everything away, then laid back on the beds and watched a little TV while nibbling on some salad and tortilla chips.
But wait, there was a message waiting on the phone. I listened to it and they wanted me to call the Contemporary Marina because there was a mix up with our fireworks cruise. I had initially booked a Wishes Fireworks cruise for Jeff and his family, our other friend Michelle and her family and Tom and myself and had thought that it would be fun to depart from the Polynesian Resort. Fast forward a few weeks and I was able to score a reservation at Be Our Guest for Jeff, his wife Lily and the kids. Now sailing out of the Poly Marina didn’t sound all that fun any more, so I called and changed it to the Contemporary Marina. The Cast Member on the phone did not sound very trustworthy, so as soon as I had hung up I called back and found out that indeed, nothing had been changed. The second Cast Member swore that now everything was in order and I left it at that. Now the phone call from the Marina was a bit alarming. I called back and they had conflicting information which we set straight and they promised our pontoon boat would be waiting at the Contemporary Marina.
Around 5pm we got ready again to meet up with Jeff and his family again for dinner and a fireworks cruise. We met up at the Contemporay Resort as I still had to figure out if my reservation was correct now. And after finding out that they had to make another call to get our boat over, we left and headed to the Magic Kingdom for dinner.
We headed up to the Monorail and rode over to the Magic Kingdom

and joined the masses for bag check, before we headed to the turnstiles. Jeff went to one side, as he met a friend who had tickets for him. Lily, Tom and I went to the other side, held our Annual Passes against the new turnstiles and were in. Lily mistakenly had scanned a kids ticket to gain entrance and the Cast Member at the turnstiles now needed to put the day that had been taken off the kids ticket back on. We all headed towards the side and while the Cast Member and and another one worked the ticket we stood in the air conditioning and waited. Jeff and the kids came over, we explained the situation and finally the situation was resolved. Then the Cast Member asked how many people we had in our party. Stunned we told him that there were six of us and he went back, filled something out and handed us a “Guest of Honor” fastpass, good for all of us. Now, that is what I call being sprinkled with pixie dust.
We very slowly made our way under the railway station and onto the Main Square. It was so nice to see the excitement of Molly and Philip as we headed towards the castle. The castle show was on and the kids were excited to see a bit of it. We were at the hub and they were just a bit too short to be able to see well, so after a peek behind us, if we were blocking someone’s view, we told them to stand on a bench and watch. Philip was in awe and I could tell, that Molly loved watching as well.

Once the show was over we all headed over to Tomorrowland to ride everyone’s favourite ride, the PeopleMover.
There is nothing better than people watch from your fun ride. We all enjoyed our ride around Tomorrowland and once we were off the kids wanted to ride Buzz Lightyear. The standby line was long, but we had our Fastpass and used it for the ride. We got into the Fastpass line and it moved very quickly and soon we were seated in our cars. Jeff and Lily in one car, Tom and Philip in another and Molly and I rode together.
It was one of the most awesome rides ever. The kids added so much magic for us as well. Once the ride was over we slowly walked over to New Fantasyland and over to the Beast’s Castle for our dinner reservation. We were a bit early and when we tried to check in we were told that we were only allowed to come back 15 minutes before our ADR. So we strolled over to the Friars Nook for some drinks as we all were very thirsty. Philip needed a restroom break so I took him over there and as soon as we were back and had finished our drinks, it was time to sign in and be handed a buzzer. We walked up to the restaurant,

found a bit of shade and waited. I think it took about 20 minutes until our buzzer went off and we were led inside the castle.

The kids loved it and we loved seeing the kids excitement. We were seated in the ballroom,

with a lovely view inside the library where the Beast was holding court. There was so much to look at that we had barely glanced at them menu when our server came by to introduce herself.
At least we all knew what we wanted to drink and placed our order.

Then we went back to study the menu. When our server brought the drinks we ordered our dinner and while we waited Molly taught me how to make the cute bracelets

she had made for all of us. She was a pretty patient teacher to say the least. Then our server brought out warm rolls and some butter and we all enjoyed one. Soon after our dinner was served. Tom had ordered the

Thyme Scented Pork Rack chop, with au gratin pasta and green beans and I had ordered the

Pan seared Salmon on Leek Fondue, served with creamy Saffron crushed potatoes. Both dishes were really good, Tom’s pork chop was juicy and went well with the perfectly seasoned baked mac and cheese. I loved the crispy skin salmon, which was still moist inside and the leeks and potatoes were just divine. We all gobbled up our dinner and when we were finished and the dessert trolley was rolled by we were able to talk Molly into having a

Strawberry Crème Cheese Cupcake. And she also brought out a plate of the

"Grey Stuff", as Jeff had told her we were celebrating our friendship.
After we had settled the bill and the kids had had another restroom break we got in line to see the Beast.

To be continued ............

Old 10-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #139
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a lovely and fun day! Mini golf looks like a blast and the detail in the course is amazing.

Yay for scoring a BOG ADR and being able to go as one big group. You are right - kids really add to the magic.

Now I am on pins and needles as I hope everything works out with your fireworks cruise. I know how much you enjoyed it last year and it really looks like a wonderful time. Can't wait to read all about it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #140
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Your dinner looks very tasty! I was wondering how the mini golf course looked, now I know! We wanted to try it, but ran out of time.

It's fun to see WDW through the eyes of a child, but I still love our child free trips! LOL
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #141
disney67
DIS Veteran

I have to play catch up , real life gets in the way of my true love for Disney Urgh i want to live in Fla and work for disney already !!!!!!

OK CONGRADULATIONS on Dalmation day , I would only love to dream of going there one day , But i really have hard descsion on going to disney or Austria after seeing pictures from another friend who is there now on vacation sending pictures it is a Beautiful sight to see !!!!!!

and you say seeing the kids having fun did you not see the bigger kid having a blast too ???

Also from being from NY I love the NY Mets logo on the floor !!!!
and we all had such a blast having breakfest with you guys even tho it was your second time around and also we did not use sunscreen either and i felt it and was avoiding the sun for shade after my turn every hole .

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #142
disney67
DIS Veteran

I Have to say i hate Photo bucket it will not let me resize the pictures urgh , this is what has been taking me so long to post

here is Molly showing Karin her Tinkerbell pins and Tom and Philip coloring lightning Mc Queen

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #143
disney67
DIS Veteran

I have to say Banana Bread French Toast Amazing thanks for the hint Guys !!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #144
disney67
DIS Veteran

Karin was trying to think which way the wind was going before her Hole in One

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #145
disney67
DIS Veteran

I will post more pictures from winter summerland golf as soon as photo bucket fixes itself ? I wish i was computer smarts like Tom ?

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #146
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great day Karin
We love playing mini-golf at WDW
Looking forward to trying BOG for dinner in December
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #147
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Disney67- I think your pictures look great! So nice to see Karin and Tom "in action'- I bet your kids love them!

Karin- the golf looked like a ton of fun- we have not played that course yet, just the other one.

And I STILL need to eat at Olivia's!!! UGH!!! What am I waiting for????
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #148
Acar
Earning My Ears

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your TRs. It's so much fun and sometimes I feel like I'm there with you (perhaps just wishful thinking). Please keep writing on so I can continue to read on.....
Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #149
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I hope your fireworks cruise goes off without a hitch. I love the BOG photos. We got a reservation for March and I can't wait to go back and try it again!!!
I hear the grey stuff is now on the menu.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #150
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What fun playing miniature golf. We had people let us go ahead of them which was nice because they were having so much fun and laughing that they had people lined up behind us.

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at BOG.

I have a friend on the DIS whose daughter makes those bracelets and I bought a few from her. She thinks the money she is making is going into her "Black Friday" shopping fund. Little does she know that she is going to Disney the same week we are.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: