Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
1GR8DISNEYFAN
Mouseketeer

Weight loss apps

Has anyone else used a weight loss app. I just downloaded a free one yesterday called "Lose It" and I really like it. It is very easy to use and has a bar code scanner. It has a lot of great features. I am new at the smart phone thing, just got it last week, so there may be other apps out there that are even better. just wanted to share!

1GR8DISNEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
araes2102
Mouseketeer

I use My Fitness Pal, I know a lot of others do as well. I like it because I have a bodymedia armband and like that they connect and share data. If you try MFP, you can also add friends, like Facebook, I have the same name there if you decide to try it

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
AlyssinWonderland
Lost in the Looking Glass

Right now I'm using MyPlate by Livestrong App. It keeps track of all meals and snacks, exercise and water. I'm using the free version right now... but I know you can upgrade to a paid version. I'm trying it out first before I decide if I want to upgrade or not. So far, I like. It's simple to use.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
chris1013
Mouseketeer

Right now I'm using MyFitnessPal. I used Livestrong for a while but only online. I wasn't a big fan of the app, so I switched to MyFitnessPal. At the time I switched, Livestrong wasn't free and MyFitnessPal was, which is another reason I chose it. I can say both are helpful, and did help me lose weight.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
arni3
Earning My Ears

I use Noom Weight Loss Coach.

I find it helpful for me
arni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
I use My Fitness Pal, I know a lot of others do as well. I like it because I have a bodymedia armband and like that they connect and share data. If you try MFP, you can also add friends, like Facebook, I have the same name there if you decide to try it
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
ericstac
DIS Veteran

I use myfitnesspal too
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Widerness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

MyFitnessPal is also used in our household. It has a HUGE database of foods. We have yet to have a meal where we couldn't find any part of it in its database. It also enables you to add calories to your day when you do any extra exercise. You can either look it up in its database or find out online how many calories you burned and then enter it manually (but then it's in your database going forward).

The only downside I've found so far is that if I eat something for lunch, I can't copy that item/meal to a different meal. For example, if I have a grilled chicken salad for lunch one day and that is the first time I have a grilled chicken salad, if I want to add that to my dinner for a future date, then I have to recreate it for dinner. I can't copy it from lunch. Am I missing something or do others have the same issue.

Overall, I find MFP to be great and it has helped me lose 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. I am back in Onederland!

Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
EmJay2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskidatheart View Post
MyFitnessPal is also used in our household. It has a HUGE database of foods. We have yet to have a meal where we couldn't find any part of it in its database. It also enables you to add calories to your day when you do any extra exercise. You can either look it up in its database or find out online how many calories you burned and then enter it manually (but then it's in your database going forward).

The only downside I've found so far is that if I eat something for lunch, I can't copy that item/meal to a different meal. For example, if I have a grilled chicken salad for lunch one day and that is the first time I have a grilled chicken salad, if I want to add that to my dinner for a future date, then I have to recreate it for dinner. I can't copy it from lunch. Am I missing something or do others have the same issue.

Overall, I find MFP to be great and it has helped me lose 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. I am back in Onederland!
Hey there, if I understand you correctly, you should be able to see that item if you change to All Meals at the "Or, add your favorites for:
All Meals" part (under the search bar).
Old 10-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
ericstac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskidatheart View Post
MyFitnessPal is also used in our household. It has a HUGE database of foods. We have yet to have a meal where we couldn't find any part of it in its database. It also enables you to add calories to your day when you do any extra exercise. You can either look it up in its database or find out online how many calories you burned and then enter it manually (but then it's in your database going forward). The only downside I've found so far is that if I eat something for lunch, I can't copy that item/meal to a different meal. For example, if I have a grilled chicken salad for lunch one day and that is the first time I have a grilled chicken salad, if I want to add that to my dinner for a future date, then I have to recreate it for dinner. I can't copy it from lunch. Am I missing something or do others have the same issue. Overall, I find MFP to be great and it has helped me lose 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. I am back in Onederland!

Yes that's right.. There is no way to select the foods from one time for another time, but if you go into Add Foods and select all meals and sort by recent you will see everything listed in a row and just check all the foods needed and hit okay..
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Widerness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
jsmith654
Earning My Ears

Love MyFitnessPal! Feel free to add me: jsmith060504

Joy
jsmith654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #12
huckleberrykate
Mouseketeer

I started using Lose It! about 9 weeks ago and I love it! It is super simple to use and love the bar code scanner. I think the restaurant database is a little lacking, but it is easy to just add or create the food item if I can not find it. It has really helped me to hold myself accountable for what I put in my mouth!
I hope you continue to enjoy it and it helps in your weight loss success!

huckleberrykate is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: