Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Coriebella
Earning My Ears

Port Arrival Time

Hello Everyone~

My niece and I will be taking our first ever Disney Cruise Oct. 20 on the Magic. I've read a lot on these boards about Embarkation and choosing your port arrival time during online check in. Well, during my online check in, I wasn't given an option to choose a PAT. Should I be concerned? Or would this have anything to do with arranging my hotel and transportation through DCL?

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriebella View Post
Hello Everyone~

My niece and I will be taking our first ever Disney Cruise Oct. 20 on the Magic. I've read a lot on these boards about Embarkation and choosing your port arrival time during online check in. Well, during my online check in, I wasn't given an option to choose a PAT. Should I be concerned? Or would this have anything to do with arranging my hotel and transportation through DCL?

Thanks!!!!
Are you sailing in Concierge?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
Coriebella
Earning My Ears

No. No concierge. Just a Deluxe Inside Stateroom that adjoins with my cousin and her girls.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No. No concierge. Just a Deluxe Inside Stateroom that adjoins with my cousin and her girls.
Well, then, I don't know. The PAT is on, like, page 4, and you have to complete all the information on the previous pages (correct info, default answers, gibberish, whatever) before it will "unlock".

Did you fill out everything? Are you arriving on departure day?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Coriebella
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post

Well, then, I don't know. The PAT is on, like, page 4, and you have to complete all the information on the previous pages (correct info, default answers, gibberish, whatever) before it will "unlock".

Did you fill out everything? Are you arriving on departure day?
I did fill everything out. We're flying in from Los Angeles the day prior and staying overnight at the Marriott. All my travel was arranged through DCL. I'll have to log back in and check to see if that page is there. Thank you!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

If you are using dcl transfers I dont think they give you a port arrival time when we sailed to Alaska last summer and used Disney transportation from hotel to port we werent able to select a port arrival time.
barbbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
Coriebella
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
If you are using dcl transfers I dont think they give you a port arrival time when we sailed to Alaska last summer and used Disney transportation from hotel to port we werent able to select a port arrival time.
Hmmmm... What time did you arrive and get on board?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

When you do the Disney hotel and transfer package, you don't have to choose a PAT. You just get on the bus when they tell you to and check in when you get to the port. When my parents did this, they had a fairly early boarding number.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
Coriebella
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilland18 View Post
When you do the Disney hotel and transfer package, you don't have to choose a PAT. You just get on the bus when they tell you to and check in when you get to the port. When my parents did this, they had a fairly early boarding number.
Oh awesome!!!! Thank you for that information!!

Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilland18 View Post
Quote:
Oh awesome!!!! Thank you for that information!!
The first two posts have outdated information. Sorry, but since DCL stopped allowing check in at MCO everyone has to select a PAT. If you are on DCL transfers, you will be allowed into the terminal whenever you get there. However, your boarding number is based on the PAT that you selected. This has been in place just this year. So you may be on the first DCL bus from MCO, but if you have a 1-1:30 PAT your boarding number will be higher and you will be waiting around the terminal for your number to be called. DCL uses your flight time to release available PATs for you to select.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
I would contact DCL in the morning to have them fix this because the only cases where a PAT doesn't need to be selected is if you are concierge or platinum. Your boarding number will be generated based on your PAT, so it could affect how long you will be waiting in the terminal to board.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
Coriebella
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post

I would contact DCL in the morning to have them fix this because the only cases where a PAT doesn't need to be selected is if you are concierge or platinum. Your boarding number will be generated based on your PAT, so it could affect how long you will be waiting in the terminal to board.
Good idea. I'm wondering since they don't have any of my flight info yet (I'll get it 45 days out) that I'll get to select my PAT then. I'll call DCL as well just to get it figured out.

Thanks!!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #13
starousse
DIS Veteran

Is it safe to say that if I'm coming from WL and taking the DCL transfer to the port that I will be getting there later in the day. I thought I read that the DCL buses don't pick up at the WDW hotels until like 1 in the afternoon. That means that I wouldn't be able to get on the ship early. Is this right?
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #14
cisobe
Mouseketeer

I had something similar to you, although we are on the wonder out of Galveston. I booked transfer from the airport and a precruise night through DCL. I just finished my registration online a couple weeks ago for my October 19 cruise. After finishing the registration, I tried to select a port arrival time, and it said I didn't need to select a time since I was staying at a Disney resort, I would just need to take the transport from the hotel to the port, check in and board. It didn't even allow me to select one, it just gave me that message.
cisobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #15
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
....... That means that I wouldn't be able to get on the ship early. Is this right?
Yes. You should arrive at PC between 1:00 - 2:30.

Some of the anxious passengers arrange private transfers because of this.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: