Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 02:31 AM   #1336
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
That would really surprise me, as it would be a) more expensive, and b) cut into the accessory sales from Merchandise.
But then again, I don't understand why they overnight bands to families that are not leaving for a month?
Quite. And it's just one more thing for people to forget to bring on their vacation with them, and what real use is having them in advance anyway? Even if someone checks in via a Mobile Lobby iPad, the CM still needs to fetch the prepared Welcome Pack, so fetching a whole MB box at the same time wouldn't delay the process by much.

The only thing I can think of is that it reduces the storage and inventory management process for the resorts (which, at anything up to 600 or so checkins on a really busy day at POR, could be pretty major).

Of course it does also set the system up ready for eventual 'Direct to Room' guest arrivals, but that's not going be the implemented in the near future as far as I know.

I can't honestly see much more than the basic coloured Magic Bands being given out as freebies though, I think anything else will be a $$$ merchandise item. I do wonder if at some point in the future they might even start charging for the option of home delivery of bands though - it must be ridiculously expensive to do at the moment, and for what gain? Maybe even with extra options for special purchasable types at the same time? It's the old "reel 'em in" trick, the same as happened with the Dining Plan - it started as three courses with gratuity included, now it's two courses plus an extra tip extra, and two credits needed for a number of locations..... but strangely enough the base price didn't go down accordingly. (Cynical, moi? Surely not! )

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-23-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #1337
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichards View Post

When did you order them? I ordered mine last week. Wondering how long Til I get them.
They ship them the day after last customization day
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #1338
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Quite. It's just one more thing for people to forget to bring on their vacation with them, and what use is having them in the meantime anyway? Even if someone is checked in via a Mobile Lobby iPad, the CM still needs to fetch a Welcome Pack, so fetching a MB box too wouldn't delay the process by much.

The only thing I can think of is that it reduces the storage and inventory management process for the resorts (which, at anything up to 600 or so checkins on a really busy day at POR, could be pretty major).

Of course it does also set the system up ready for Direct to Room checkins, but they are not going be the implemented in the near future as far as I know.

Andre
I have to agree . How many people will forget them. I won't I'm so disney trip list anal. But it will happen its just more to remember
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #1339
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

November 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The November 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedule for Port Orleans Riverside is now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for full-size PDF versions, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 7pm and the daily campfires commence at 5pm this month.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #1340
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quite. And it's just one more thing for people to forget to bring on their vacation with them, and what real use is having them in advance anyway? Even if someone checks in via a Mobile Lobby iPad, the CM still needs to fetch the prepared Welcome Pack, so fetching a whole MB box at the same time wouldn't delay the process by much.

Of course it does also set the system up ready for eventual 'Direct to Room' guest arrivals, but that's not going be the implemented in the near future as far as I know.

Andre
Don't people use them for MDE? I guess that's one reason to have them ahead of time.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #1341
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom View Post
Wow I'm kinda bummed. Only RGR standard view was available when I booked with free dining (wanted to return to POFQ). Now with the fridge and the bedspread situations I am feeling not so exicted to have booked this room. Really wanted preferred but none available at booking. Am I correct that I cannot switch resorts at this time without losing the free dining?
If there is still availability under the promotion, you can change. I called a couple weeks ago to try to add a day and they didn't have availability at POR, but I could have moved to CSR. It is not the same as general room availability though. So you can't just go online to check availability. You have to call and they can see which rooms offered under the FD promo didn't sell.

Think I'm gonna call again today. Hoping someone cancelled!
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #1342
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good Day to all of you POR fans! Hope you have a very magical day!

Oh Andre, I think tat direct to room idea would be bad for the fact I have heard of many guests getting sent to a room and there is already someone in that room checked in!?!?!? Also Storage behind the wall for the MBs isn't big enough for all of them so that isnt the best either. So in my opinion I believe they are in the right course the way they are sending them. I don't foresee too many forgetting their "Keys to the World" Magic Bands!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #1343
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichards View Post
When did you order them? I ordered mine last week. Wondering how long Til I get them.
My last day to customize them was Sunday, they shipped Monday and I got them Tuesday ~ super fast! It should tell you how many more days you have to customize them, then add a couple days
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #1344
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

TOMORROW!!!! the weather forecast is looking stellar! I think i have ants in my pants at work today!
May 2007 - Senior Trip All Star Sports
Oct 2012 - Mother/Daughter Trip to POR
May 2013 - 1st trip to Disneyland!
Oct 2013 - w/DBF to POR
Nov 2014- Wine & Dine Half (fingers crossed!)
Old 10-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1345
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

I was just playing around on the touring plan sites and according to that, the only garden view queen rooms are in the Mansions. Is that true? If so I can eliminate one of my requests, since we booked garden view and would love to stay in the mansions.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #1346
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
I was just playing around on the touring plan sites and according to that, the only garden view queen rooms are in the Mansions. Is that true? If so I can eliminate one of my requests, since we booked garden view and would love to stay in the mansions.
Garden View Queen Bed Rooms are available in all buildings. I definitely know all rooms with two beds are queen with the exception of the king bed rooms.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #1347
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Totally wrong. If you go to http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php and click on the individual buildings in AB you'll see that a couple of them are only garden view, and a lot are mostly garden view.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #1348
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbynum View Post
I faxed in my room request yesterday. Only 3 more days!!
Faxed mine Monday. Venom's fax thread is uber helpful.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #1349
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You have to pick "garden/2 queens + pull down murphy" to see the AB rooms.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #1350
ksboyd20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Generally speaking, yes.

However you need to be aware that there are still quite a few Garden View rooms which could be closer to the main areas than some of the River View rooms are. However River View does give you the best chances from those two types (apart from Preferred Location of course, which is normally cheaper than River View - have you considered that option?)

Andre
No? What is a preferred Location and how do I get one?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: