Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #1306
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I would put that into the fax. Once you send. PM me and I will help you further.
That is great. I just didn't want to wait until a week before if I had to make arrangements well ahead of time. I'm just a little nervous as he has been sick for a month now and can't seem to shake it.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #1307
DonaldDuck77
Mouseketeer

View from hotel rooms:

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/d...sort-riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #1308
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck77 View Post
Nice find!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #1309
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow...cool site!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #1310
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #1311
aprincesswannabe
Mouseketeer

We just returned from our extended weekend stay at POR (our first visit to this resort); we had a very pleasant experience for the most part.

I did fax in a room request letter, and we got none of our requests. Not our lucky weekend I guess. The room (AB 16) was quiet, clean, had a very pretty garden view, and we did have a refrigerator. Our daughter enjoyed the main pool, and my husband and I enjoyed the pool atmosphere (AKA refreshment stand) which allowed us to relax while keeping a close eye on the child.

We found the bus schedule to be quite regular, and we only had one issue with being packed in like sardines (heading to MK for rope drop). Our magic bands worked flawlessly and we decided that we are fans of the NextGen initiative. All in all a successful trip despite the somewhat crowded parks and very warm temperatures.

Thanks for all the great information provided on this thread.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #1312
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's awesome! I just spent way too much time clicking around looking at rooms. Did anyone else notice that they all say "none" under connecting rooms? That's our number one request for our upcoming trip. Does anyone have a guesstimate on what percentage of rooms do have a connecting doorway?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #1313
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Well I checked out the room we stayed in this past spring on that site and it said no connecting room but it was in fact a connecting room ! I am guessing the site isn't overly accurate
Old 10-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #1314
Funky Chicken
misses the Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace!

Well-our first visit to POR was booked this morning using S/P/D.
1/12/2014-1/16/2014
Mom, Dad, DD8
King room with pull down bed (yay us, Mom and Dad will sleep!)
4 day hoppers and dining plan
Savings of $363 from rack rate-maybe I will get an FD PIN and save another $181.
Decided to book it to get the King room.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #1315
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Thank you, firstwdw! I think their site must be missing that information all together.

Speaking of the elusive PINs, does anyone know if those can be transferred? I'm guessing not, but I know a friend who just received one and will not be able to use it. Any chance she could pass it on to me?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #1316
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you that site is fantastic!

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Old 10-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #1317
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
Thank you, firstwdw! I think their site must be missing that information all together.

Speaking of the elusive PINs, does anyone know if those can be transferred? I'm guessing not, but I know a friend who just received one and will not be able to use it. Any chance she could pass it on to me?
No, they're only for the person they're addressed to.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #1318
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon54 View Post
If I got it straight they took away the comforter and left plain white sheets- so my question is will I be able to request a blanket?
Ah, sorry, I thought that was covered? I believe that it's a sort of a "blanket sandwich" at the moment (sheet/blanket/sheet) but whichever, I'm sure you'll be able to request one anyway. There was always a blanket under the old comforters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
That's awesome! I just spent way too much time clicking around looking at rooms. Did anyone else notice that they all say "none" under connecting rooms? That's our number one request for our upcoming trip. Does anyone have a guesstimate on what percentage of rooms do have a connecting doorway?
About 50% of all room types connect. The only thing you can't easily get is King-to-King connecting directly (there are some King-to-Queens though), and also the fully Wheelchair Accessible rooms don't connect (as the relocated beds cover up the space where the doorway would have been).

Quote:
Sorry, I meant to mention that yesterday. Yes, they are working on doing an individual room view photo resource for the whole of WDW, it's a mammoth project. Port Orleans went live over the last few days. Some of the descriptions still need a little bit of tidying up (and the third floor of 85 and 90 are missing or hard to link to at the moment) but those things are all in hand.

I rate their site very highly indeed, and their Lines app is wonderful for live touring plan tweaking if you're on a tight schedule - just give it the attractions you want to visit, and your timescale and preferences for breaks/etc, and hit the optimise button and it'll give you a step-by-step plan to keep your waiting to a minimum.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-22-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #1319
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Sorry, I meant to mention that yesterday. Yes, they are working on doing an individual room view photo resource for the whole of WDW, it's a mammoth project. Port Orleans went live over the last few days. Some of the descriptions still need a little bit of tidying up (and the third floor of 85 and 90 are missing or hard to link to at the moment) but those things are all in hand.

I rate their site very highly indeed, and their Lines app is wonderful for live touring plan tweaking if you're on a tight schedule - just give it the attractions you want to visit, and your timescale and preferences for breaks/etc, and hit the optimise button and it'll give you a step-by-step plan to keep your waiting to a minimum.

Andre
I was thinking you were starting to slip, just playing!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #1320
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Wow I'm kinda bummed. Only RGR standard view was available when I booked with free dining (wanted to return to POFQ). Now with the fridge and the bedspread situations I am feeling not so exicted to have booked this room. Really wanted preferred but none available at booking. Am I correct that I cannot switch resorts at this time without losing the free dining?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: