Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #1291
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
The Fridge issue is almost resolved I believe. Yes there is a lot still to go, but we are working to resolve that as ones become available. We do have an emergency amount of them for Medical Needs only so if someone has medicine to keep cool then we will get one for them.
So- for a medical need (fridge for special foods/meds) and the VIP cleaning for my immune compromised son- is that something we put on the fax request or do we have to contact the special needs group? I got a form from the special diets department, but I think we can make accomodations for my son with just what the food service places can do on the fly, and we don't really need that much from them! My travel agent said she put our requests on our reservation when she made it, but I'm not sure if she really knows the details of the medical specifics. Thanks again Venomhatch. Only 19 days until we check in!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #1292
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summ97 View Post
We're staying at POR in February and have early dining reservations. If buses only begin running an hour before the parks open (9:00 am). Will we need to take a taxi to make our reservations?

On a related note, do you know what taxi rates are from POR to the different parks?

Thanks!
The buses start running at 6:30 every morning. They run about every 30 minutes until an hour before park opening, then they run about every 20 minutes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #1293
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
So- for a medical need (fridge for special foods/meds) and the VIP cleaning for my immune compromised son- is that something we put on the fax request or do we have to contact the special needs group? I got a form from the special diets department, but I think we can make accomodations for my son with just what the food service places can do on the fly, and we don't really need that much from them! My travel agent said she put our requests on our reservation when she made it, but I'm not sure if she really knows the details of the medical specifics. Thanks again Venomhatch. Only 19 days until we check in!
I would put that into the fax. Once you send. PM me and I will help you further.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #1294
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
So- for a medical need (fridge for special foods/meds) and the VIP cleaning for my immune compromised son- is that something we put on the fax request or do we have to contact the special needs group?
Wouldn't do any harm to contact the special needs folks on 1-407-939-7807, but a fax to the resort a few days before you arrive would do the same thing. For the VIP clean they will need to assign your room before you arrive obviously.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #1295
Just Love Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Should post pics when you get them. I cant wait to see some custom ones.
By custom ones, do you mean in the color each family member selected? ie, mine is green, my daughter pink, hubby blue, son red.

Other than that, the only other thing that was custom was the name imprinted on the inside of the band. Is that the extent of the customization as you understand it? I was under the assumption that the character chosen would also be imprinted on the band

Grand Floridian - 6/1992, Caribbean Beach - 10/2012, Port Orleans Riverside - 10/2013, Split Stay - Pop Century/Caribbean Beach - 10/2014
Old 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #1296
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Love Disney View Post

By custom ones, do you mean in the color each family member selected? ie, mine is green, my daughter pink, hubby blue, son red.

Other than that, the only other thing that was custom was the name imprinted on the inside of the band. Is that the extent of the customization as you understand it? I was under the assumption that the character chosen would also be imprinted on the band
Supposedly there will be Pirates of the Caribbean and other themed ones in the near future.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #1297
Just Love Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Supposedly there will be Pirates of the Caribbean and other themed ones in the near future.
That would be cool! Ours are just the plain colored bands - can't wait to hear about the other neat ones are shipping out for people now...

Grand Floridian - 6/1992, Caribbean Beach - 10/2012, Port Orleans Riverside - 10/2013, Split Stay - Pop Century/Caribbean Beach - 10/2014
Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #1298
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksboyd20 View Post
I have a Garden View Royal Room booked for Jan 2-7. If I upgrade to a River View, will it be a shorter walk to the main pool, café, busses?
Our room in feb was river view royal room and if we could have jumped off the balcony it would have been a short walk. As it was we had to walk back towards the middle of the building to get to the stairs. If you can get a room that is near the stairs it will work but that's not all the rooms.

The princes were there for our trip. But my pix of them are blurrier than my pic of Tiana. And they look fine unlike the princesses.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #1299
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Love Disney View Post
That would be cool! Ours are just the plain colored bands - can't wait to hear about the other neat ones are shipping out for people now...
I believe it is still just the standard colors. My Fiance said too bad there isn't purple. Just pink!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #1300
harmon54
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Read back over the last 12 pages, lots of discussion on the subject.

Andre
I did read- I actually keep up with this thread pretty religiously even though I don't post much- it has great info-but apparently I missed something because I didn't see my question answered. If I got it straight they took away the comforter and left plain white sheets- so my question is will I be able to request a blanket? Is there one in a closet somewhere? Or am I just stuck with sheets only? If so I will bring my own blanket. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #1301
Juniper13
Earning My Ears

Question

Hi everyone!!

Well my sister has thrown me a curve ball. ...I posted a few days ago regarding her family of 5 and whether or not they would be in AB during the family trip in Dec. Since the general consensus was yes, I told her to check out AB, the rooms and the murphy bed.
Unfortunately, she does not think the murphy bed would suit any of my nephews. The 2 year old has not graduated to a big boy bed yet and my 5 year old twin nephews, she doesn't feel that the murphy would work for them either....

Her plan was to have the twins share a queen size and have a pack n play in the room for the 2 year old.

Could we request MB instead and a pack n play for her family?? Would Disney have a problem with MB instead of AB because they are a family of 5?

I thought I had everything sorted out.....

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #1302
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Fridge issue is almost resolved I believe. Yes there is a lot still to go, but we are working to resolve that as ones become available. We do have an emergency amount of them for Medical Needs only so if someone has medicine to keep cool then we will get one for them.
Yes, the staff was very helpful about getting us a fridge. Our daughter became ill just a few days before our trip and was placed on an antibiotic that needed to be refrigerated. I showed the medication to the cast members at the front desk and they delivered a refrigerator to our room shortly thereafter.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #1303
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
Yes, the staff was very helpful about getting us a fridge. Our daughter became ill just a few days before our trip and was placed on an antibiotic that needed to be refrigerated. I showed the medication to the cast members at the front desk and they delivered a refrigerator to our room shortly thereafter.
Our guest's health is the most important thing to me. So I am glad they helped you out so fast!!!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #1304
mime4jesus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
I hate to do this but I was thinking about bringing a small cooler just in case we don't get a room with a fridge. DS doesn't do well with the crowds in the food court in the morning so it's easier to just have cereal in the room most mornings we also drink a lot of water. My question is how are the ice machines we don't usually use them but I seem to recall seeing them by the soda machines? I was thinking others may be doing this as well with the shortage of fridges. Thanks, Linda
We stayed at POR this summer and had to use a cooler. The ice machines are next to the soda machines. We actually use Ziplock freezer bags to put the ice in before we put it in the cooler. We still get some water leaking into the cooler, but it's better than having the ice melting all over the food. It worked out well for us since we only had drinks in it most of the time.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside

Old 10-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #1305
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper13 View Post
Hi everyone!! Well my sister has thrown me a curve ball. ...I posted a few days ago regarding her family of 5 and whether or not they would be in AB during the family trip in Dec. Since the general consensus was yes, I told her to check out AB, the rooms and the murphy bed. Unfortunately, she does not think the murphy bed would suit any of my nephews. The 2 year old has not graduated to a big boy bed yet and my 5 year old twin nephews, she doesn't feel that the murphy would work for them either.... Her plan was to have the twins share a queen size and have a pack n play in the room for the 2 year old. Could we request MB instead and a pack n play for her family?? Would Disney have a problem with MB instead of AB because they are a family of 5? I thought I had everything sorted out..... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
If the youngest is not 3 yet (at the time of the trip) he won't count so they would technically be a party of 4.

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: