Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #1261
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the pictures! I understand the reason behind the new bedding. But what's the point in replacing the pictures? I really liked the pictures that went with the resort. My kids would be happy with anything and, if I didn't know what had been there before, I think I would really like the new stuff too. I just don't understand the change.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #1262
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelly View Post
I agree. I'm not loving this new look and am a bit disappointed.
so disappointing-looks beyond horrible and unfinished. Seems like a waste to refurb all those rooms within the past year and then take away all the bedspreads.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #1263
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

It actually makes me glad we didn't splurge for the Royal Room, it's not looking so royal in there anymore.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #1264
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
Thanks for the pictures! I understand the reason behind the new bedding. But what's the point in replacing the pictures? I really liked the pictures that went with the resort. My kids would be happy with anything and, if I didn't know what had been there before, I think I would really like the new stuff too. I just don't understand the change.
I though the same thing....why the pictures too?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #1265
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTXRover View Post
No more bedspreads. Hopefully a runner at the foot of the beds are still to come.
Yuck! So glad we had them when we were there oct 5-12! Have they changed the photos on their websites? Can you imagine all the ppl who don't know this, saw the pics online when booking the room, then walk into this hospital bed look?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #1266
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

I agree, doesn't look that royal anymore.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #1267
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran

I hate to do this but I was thinking about bringing a small cooler just in case we don't get a room with a fridge. DS doesn't do well with the crowds in the food court in the morning so it's easier to just have cereal in the room most mornings we also drink a lot of water. My question is how are the ice machines we don't usually use them but I seem to recall seeing them by the soda machines? I was thinking others may be doing this as well with the shortage of fridges. Thanks, Linda
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Aug 14
Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #1268
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
It actually makes me glad we didn't splurge for the Royal Room, it's not looking so royal in there anymore.
Uggg, makes me regret that we DID splurge for the Royal Room
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #1269
ferret42
Earning My Ears

My understanding was the pics were changed a while back and the reasoning given was that it was incongruous for the princesses to all be together, as they are from different time periods...
Family trip Off property, March 1980 ~ Family trip Poly March 1983, Family Thanksgiving trip with Grandpa along, Contemporary Nov. 1984 ~ Family trip Grand Floridian April 1991 ~ Girl Scout trip Off property, June 1991 ~ Mom/Daughter Trip, Dixie Landings May 1994 ~ Mom, Dad and Me Disney Institute, Thanksgiving 1997 ~ Disneyland for one day, Oct 2002 ~ Fort Wilderness family Thanksgiving trip Nov 2003 ~ Pop Century birthday trip, Feb 2005 ~ Pop Century Honeymoon, May 2011 ~ Port Orleans with the inlaws, Bug's first trip! April 2013

Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #1270
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Is there a blanket underneath the top sheet or is it literally just sheets?
I'll repeat that question. It's a good one! I've been assuming they are switching to the "triple sheeting" thing where there's a duvet/comforter/thick blanket between two flat sheets. But that looked really flat to me!

Fridge: I requested one through runDisney, with whom I had booked. I mentioned the medical need for the fridge again in the fax I sent.

It's entirely possible one had been moved to our room, but at some point in there we were upgraded from a standard room to RR; maybe this was done by the room people, but maybe it was done by the CM at checkin; not sure! Anyway, there was no fridge in the room.

I had the need to head back to the front desk not too long after I got there, so I went on in and talked about the fridge situation. She asked if I had mentioned it to the CM at checkin, and I don't think I had. Or maybe she asked if the CM at checkin had called someone? I know they hadn't done that. Anyway, she got on the phone right then with someone (housekeeping? bell services? can't remember, so sorry!) and got it taken care of.

She indicated that even if you've requested it, you have to do that part, too, to make sure they phone someone to get the request totally made.

That would be more helpful if I knew who they called, but oh well.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #1271
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
I hate to do this but I was thinking about bringing a small cooler just in case we don't get a room with a fridge. DS doesn't do well with the crowds in the food court in the morning so it's easier to just have cereal in the room most mornings we also drink a lot of water. My question is how are the ice machines we don't usually use them but I seem to recall seeing them by the soda machines? I was thinking others may be doing this as well with the shortage of fridges. Thanks, Linda
There are at least two ice machines to a floor of each Mansion Building. AB buildings have one ice machine to a floor. Yes there are soda machines with each ice machine also. But at the price of each 20oz bottle, I'd buy 2 liter. Its cheaper by far!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #1272
Mom2G
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
We did and I'm regretting it already! Also extremely disappointed about probably not having a refrigerator in November. We never stay at a hotel without one-I think Costco would sell them some!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #1273
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret42 View Post
My understanding was the pics were changed a while back and the reasoning given was that it was incongruous for the princesses to all be together, as they are from different time periods...
This! Disney Imagineers had a fit. Why they didn't before the first set went up is a mystery.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #1274
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
As I said, if guests wanted "standard" corporate chain hotel room styles, why wouldn't they just check into a Marriott, or the Swolphin, or a hundred other cloned variations?

Just out of curiosity, this new generic styling wouldn't by any chance be easier and cheaper to install and maintain across property would it?

Andre
I didn't say it was generic for all Resorts. For example, All Star is different (old bedspread pattern) from Coronado. I don't know what it will look like at Port, but it's not the same for all Resorts.
Take a deep breath, Andre
Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #1275
ksboyd20
Earning My Ears

Upgrade

I have a Garden View Royal Room booked for Jan 2-7. If I upgrade to a River View, will it be a shorter walk to the main pool, café, busses?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: