Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #1246
CTXRover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
CTXRover - can you post pictures of the pictures?

Sure. I'll try and grab some when we go back to the room. Will need to learn how to attach pics as I haven't done that before. They're nice, but the old ones made more sense in regards to the story in my opinion.

EDIT: See pics below

Last edited by CTXRover; 10-21-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #1247
CTXRover
Mouseketeer

Pics taken on my phone, so sorry for the quality. New pics on wall. Picture of Tiana is still 3D, but I much preferred the old one with the manor in the background and all the princesses sitting together with Belle giving Tiana a replica of Cogs worth

Last edited by CTXRover; 10-21-2013 at 06:57 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #1248
CTXRover
Mouseketeer

No more bedspreads. Hopefully a runner at the foot of the beds are still to come.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #1249
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Wow! The princess room looks so different without the bedspread!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1250
harmon54
Mouseketeer

Thought I wouldn't mind the sheet look but it is awful, especially in the Royal rooms- the decorator at Disney who made that call should be fired. Come on Disney makes enough profit to at least get colored duvet covers or something-I don't think a scarf will help. I do not like the stiff comforters either but I am not one who just sleeps with a sheet- is there an option to request an extra blanket? My husband likes to sleep with the cool air on and I will freeze! We are driving so I could bring my own if we have to.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #1251
DisneyDadof4
Mouseketeer

We are staying in AB and I can handle (and actually might prefer) not having a bedspread. As for the princess rooms...that picture makes me really sad!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #1252
podgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon54 View Post
Thought I wouldn't mind the sheet look but it is awful, especially in the Royal rooms- the decorator at Disney who made that call should be fired. Come on Disney makes enough profit to at least get colored duvet covers or something-I don't think a scarf will help. I do not like the stiff comforters either but I am not one who just sleeps with a sheet- is there an option to request an extra blanket? My husband likes to sleep with the cool air on and I will freeze! We are driving so I could bring my own if we have to.
Wow, I totally agree with you...the white in the Royal Rooms looks really awful. File it under 'first world problems', but I'm very disappointed.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #1253
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

It looks unfinished, no? Like someone forgot the cover.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #1254
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14 View Post
We have stayed at Pop and Sports previously and the pillows at both resorts were horrible...far too soft and mushy!

Are the pillows at POR also soft and mushy? If so is it possible to request firm pillows upon arrival. I really don't want to take our own pillows as we're flying but if there isn't a firm option we may just do that!

Thanks.
So funny. I *want* a soft and mushy pillow. Hotel pillows, including the ones at POR, are huge and hard and make me feel that my head/neck is at a 90 degree angle to my body and I wake with a horrifying headache.

From my experience, you'll love the pillows at POR.

But I think that for any of us with specific needs for our sweet dainty noggins, we need to travel with our own pillows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTXRover View Post
Just checked in and was surprised to see the pictures in the royal rooms had changed. They obviously updated them to match the new look of the princesses on merchandise, etc
I can't even handle the new look. We spent a good amount of our in-room chatting time making fun of the new look. Aurora, especially, doesn't really look like a sweet young princess anymore. I will stop myself there.

Ariel's head looks like a kewpie doll.

Painful. Especially the neck posture; I feel like I'm looking at FB selfies. Next redo of their faces is going to involve duck-face or the new "baby bird" look, I just know it.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #1255
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No more bedspreads. Hopefully a runner at the foot of the beds are still to come.
Oh dear . . . that is not attractive. I'm not a fan of bedspreads, but that's just plain awful. What were they thinking?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #1256
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Is there a blanket underneath the top sheet or is it literally just sheets?
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #1257
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my, that's terrible. Also, I like to "get lost" in my blankets. Plain old sheets won't work for me. I hope there are blankets available. I will want at least 2 for myself, lol!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
Old 10-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #1258
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
We will be arriving at POR in 26 days. From what I've read regarding the fridges (or lack of) it seems like I should not take a chance on placing an order with Garden Grocer? What are your thoughts on this?
I personally wouldn't. When this fridge replacement situation came up a few months ago, I wasn't too worried because I figured that surely by my Thanksgiving trip it would all be good, but from what Andre said in a pretty recent post, it doesn't sound like we can count on that.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #1259
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I personally wouldn't. When this fridge replacement situation came up a few months ago, I wasn't too worried because I figured that surely by my Thanksgiving trip it would all be good, but from what Andre said in a pretty recent post, it doesn't sound like we can count on that.
Ugh. I know your are right. We booked a king bed room and I had requested Riverview. I'm thinking I should probably change the request to "close to main building" so it won't be a huge hike to get coffee in the morning. Bummer.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #1260
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
It looks unfinished, no? Like someone forgot the cover.
I agree. I'm not loving this new look and am a bit disappointed.

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: