Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #1231
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The receipt should be generated by your own fax sending equipment to say it delivered the message to the other end OK, so could be a problem there. No error message either though?

Andre
Nope Nothing. Apparently thats been going around at my office tho. The machine just doesnt send reciepts I guess
May 2007 - Senior Trip All Star Sports
Oct 2012 - Mother/Daughter Trip to POR
May 2013 - 1st trip to Disneyland!
Oct 2013 - w/DBF to POR
Nov 2014- Wine & Dine Half (fingers crossed!)

Last edited by emilyhuff; 10-21-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #1232
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

Is the boat still running to downtown disney from POR? I saw were Capn jack Maina is closed and didn't know if that affected the drop off or anything. Does it still run till 11pm? Also can I take my ECV on it?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #1233
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
I sent my fax in today!!! I didnt get anything back, not even a fax transmittal receipt... Is this common???
Unless your machine is set up to always print a log of the transmission or you run into an error then you wont get a printout receipt. If you'd like a means to check in on it then PM me and I will help if I can.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #1234
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at Pop and Sports previously and the pillows at both resorts were horrible...far too soft and mushy!

Are the pillows at POR also soft and mushy? If so is it possible to request firm pillows upon arrival. I really don't want to take our own pillows as we're flying but if there isn't a firm option we may just do that!

Thanks.

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Old 10-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #1235
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14 View Post
We have stayed at Pop and Sports previously and the pillows at both resorts were horrible...far too soft and mushy!

Are the pillows at POR also soft and mushy? If so is it possible to request firm pillows upon arrival. I really don't want to take our own pillows as we're flying but if there isn't a firm option we may just do that!

Thanks.
During the refurb about a lil over year ago started pillows were replaced as well so they are soft but not mushy soft. Kinda liked them actually. But I still bring my own also. If you travel by plane and worry about them taking up space bringing your own. Then you can always use vacuum bags. Mouse keeping will let you use their vacuums to re pack them.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #1236
jaymoneymoney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
Has the refrigerator issue been fixed yet for POR??? Or are there people still having rooms without fridges?? Will be there in 24 days!
Went to the from desk to ask about the fridge. They told us there was none. We said we heard about a credit. And since it was so humid here this week it would have been nice to have a fridge. They told us we could check back tomorrow When we went back to our room there was a fridge sitting outside. Score!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #1237
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoneymoney View Post
Went to the from desk to ask about the fridge. They told us there was none. We said we heard about a credit. And since it was so humid here this week it would have been nice to have a fridge. They told us we could check back tomorrow When we went back to our room there was a fridge sitting outside. Score!
Saaaaaaweeeet
Old 10-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #1238
mulan1123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nice! That's good to know........I'll definitely keep that in mind!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #1239
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! I called Disney about the online check-in issue that I was having with my IL's reservation. I was trying to do online check-in through MDE and they gave me another website to use to do online check-in. Here it is if anyone else is having or has any problems in the future!

www.mydisneyreservation.com

It worked like a charm and I had no problem. I could even add special events onto the reservation that I didn't have an option for on MDE! Hope this can help someone else!
Old 10-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #1240
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
Hey everyone! I called Disney about the online check-in issue that I was having with my IL's reservation. I was trying to do online check-in through MDE and they gave me another website to use to do online check-in. Here it is if anyone else is having or has any problems in the future!

www.mydisneyreservation.com

It worked like a charm and I had no problem. I could even add special events onto the reservation that I didn't have an option for on MDE! Hope this can help someone else!
Hey Andre, this might need to be added to the First page with FAQs.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #1241
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Funny how when some people ask for the credit they "magically" find a fridge. I wish they would stop playing games with people.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #1242
CTXRover
Mouseketeer

Just checked in and was surprised to see the pictures in the royal rooms had changed. They obviously updated them to match the new look of the princesses on merchandise, etc. Sort of disappointed that they don't have the princesses sitting and walking around Port Orleans. The old pics did a lot to further convey the story of the princesses visiting Tiana. Bedspread is gone too, but that's fine with me..bedspreads are no longer industry standard since they aren't washed for each guest.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #1243
titansgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisikitabasket View Post
Is the boat still running to downtown disney from POR? I saw were Capn jack Maina is closed and didn't know if that affected the drop off or anything. Does it still run till 11pm? Also can I take my ECV on it?
We took the boat when we were there 2-12 of October. The hours were until 11:00 as far as I know. It was a perfectly relaxing trip and much needed in the middle of our trip!
Not sure about the ECV part though
Old 10-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #1244
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

CTXRover - can you post pictures of the pictures?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #1245
Three cats
DIS Veteran

We will be arriving at POR in 26 days. From what I've read regarding the fridges (or lack of) it seems like I should not take a chance on placing an order with Garden Grocer? What are your thoughts on this?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: