Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #106
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gipcrew4 View Post
I said that before we went to the good court for a late breakfast on our 'lazy day.' Holy moley that place was a zoo around 9 am- 10:30 am. Good grief! I don't know if that's every morning though. We said no wonder the parks are not that crowded at RD- everyone is still trying to get breakfast! Back to pop tarts for us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
It is peaceful and empty at 545am But, I like to get up early. I tried to walk through at 9am one morning -- I decided a mine field was easier to navigate.

Tom
Funny!!

We order Garden Grocer to our room, so we have bagels, cereal, yogurt, or fruit for our breakfast in the room. Yeah, the food courts can be a mad house!

Dan
Old 09-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #107
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well from that info I think we can narrow it down to either Oak Manor or Parterre Place...

We're something like 17 days out, so excited!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #108
Pirates life for me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well from that info I think we can narrow it down to either Oak Manor or Parterre Place...

Could you let us know what your preferences are? e.g. close to main building, quiet area, near bus stops, swimming, easy access for strollers (depending on how young your daughters are), etc? There's not really a "one size fits all" answer to your question.

Andre
Thanks Andre...I would say two most important preferences are bus stops first and main building second...if there is a bus stop that is closer that say is a starting point now that would be the jack pot...we will visit all parks but probably 3 days at MK because of younger girls.

Thanks again.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #109
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Just want to chime in and say - this is the nicest group of folks on a single thread. You all help each other, are kind about it, and really enjoy one another's company (look at how many pages this thread has so far)!

I'm pretty sure we're going to try POR next trip and I really look forward to following along on this thread and the subsequent continuation threads.

Kudos to all of you!
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #110
galaxyg528
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
Last year my mom and i went with my aunt and cousin, and we all shared a room. At the beginning of our trip we told the front desk that mine and my mothers will be charged to one card and my aunt and cousins to another credit card. They split it with no problem. Anytime during the day you can walk up to the counter and ask them to print you a bill, and it is broken down by each transaction and who made that transaction. You have to add it up yourself as it does not give you a total for each user. It charged my moms credit card with the initial amount around 6 am the day we were checking out and once again around 11pm with the extra charges we had made since 6am.

Let me know if youre confused! I was in your shoes!
THANK YOU!!! You answered my questions! So glad for this thread and the nice people like you I will make sure that we each have our cards on our magic bands and to periodically check our bill (even if we do have to add it up ourselves). Thanks again!!!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #111
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates life for me View Post
Thanks Andre...I would say two most important preferences are bus stops first and main building second...if there is a bus stop that is closer that say is a starting point now that would be the jack pot...we will visit all parks but probably 3 days at MK because of younger girls.
The girls would probably like to be near to the evening movie screenings which take place on the Oak Manor lawn, and that building is also a bit closer for the East Depot bus stop too. So I'd suggest requesting a courtyard view on the river-facing area of Oak Manor, near to the bridge to the main buildings. The nearest quiet pool would be just round the corner too, which I expect would be a plus.

To get a better idea of what I'm suggesting, that would mean any of the rooms you can see in this scrollable panorama view of Oak Manor - www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-MB-2013-2583-pano360.swf - especially some of the rooms on the left-hand side as you look towards the river.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #112
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
There are many threads on this -- yes the first MVMCP is November 8, I was commenting that since the PP was going last week of October - first week in November they would not see Christmas decorations -- so that is very much true -- unless you have a different calendar than the rest of the world

Most of the hotels don't go into full Christmas decorations until the week before Thanksgiving -- some get started but not "most resorts."

Tom
They WILL see decorations. They start putting them up the day after Haloween. Trust me, we've been going that time of year for the past 4 years. As soon as that last MNSSHP is over they transform the MK for the holdiays. Usually by 11/2 they have their decorations up.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #113
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

We are booked in a pool view royal room. I would like to be near the bridge to the main building. On the map, it looks like most pool view royal rooms are. Is this correct? Do I need to make a request, or will we be good?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #114
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre for the quick reply.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 09-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #115
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates life for me View Post
Awesome thread it has helped so much for us first timers to POR and a moderate...this thread is so awesome (and the PO website) that Disney should be giving you discounts on your next stay after all I upgraded to a Royal room because of it

So with that being said Royal room garden view with wife and young daughters which building can you suggest.

Thanks in advance
I requested and loved our room in Parterre Place. I thought the inner courtyard was prettier than Oak.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #116
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

I have a question, and I am sorry if it has already been asked before but, if you have a room near the courtyard where they play the movies can you hear them in your room?
Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #117
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

Wow! I just noticed this went to a new thread....and 9 pages already? I think I'm the last to join the party....lol

I don't even want to count how many days we are out.....our 180 day mark isn't until the first week of November! But DH and I are super excited.....can't wait to see the kids reactions at Christmas!
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #118
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

So the bridge is closed during the day and open in the morning and evenings as I relaxed today by sleeping in and having a wander around the place. Epcot tomorrow, can't wait!
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Spring 2015 - Solo at Disneyland Paris
Old 09-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #119
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Anyone planning to decorate your window at POR for Halloween (or Christmas)?
Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #120
OtherFigment
Mouseketeer

Just had to say 8 sleeps left and I can't wait!!! Work might kill me before I go with 12 hour days, but if I make it, it's all worth it!!! Thanks for all your advice, all, especially Andre and Venom!

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: