Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #1156
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

You said it was the trend. I'm at the Toronto Donwtown Courtyard Marriott (a workshop - a solo rest just before our trip to the Mouse.....) and everything is white on the bed. Here, I didn't really notice before I came to the Boards, but now that I'm reading you, I just looked over my shoulder and saw all white. No bed spread, which is quite unusual for this chain.

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Old 10-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #1157
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

The more I look at my ticker, the less I understand.
It should say 13 days NOT 25!!!

So, we'll be there in less than 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #1158
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

We arrive in 6 days- YAY! I do have one question- we plan on eating at the Poly one night, and assume the easier way to get back to POR is take the monorail back to MK and then the bus "home"?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #1159
Peaseblossom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwguy50 View Post
I agree 100% Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards °o°
Me too! Polyester comforters are ick. Now if they would get down comforters, that's another story.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1160
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
Me too! Polyester comforters are ick. Now if they would get down comforters, that's another story.
Even though Disney could afford it. They probably won't. But I agree with you, love down comforters!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #1161
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Though the comforters were pretty to look at..this germaphobe will be happy to not have to deal with unwashed bedding. It would be nice if the sheets were a pale blue, or green... something that would still show unwanted stains, bedbugs, etc.. but would also blend into the theme of the room. Maybe they could even just add a blanket of some light color that would be easy to wash with the rest of the sheets.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
Old 10-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #1162
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Just left yesterday after a week in Magnolia Terrace with the pretty blue/gold heavy bedspreads. They look lovely but are not cozy by any means. It often was kicked to floor due to the weight pulling itself off one side it it moved to far in one direction.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 10-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #1163
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
We arrive in 6 days- YAY! I do have one question- we plan on eating at the Poly one night, and assume the easier way to get back to POR is take the monorail back to MK and then the bus "home"?
Well...the *easiest* way would be to just take a taxi.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #1164
Mom2G
Earning My Ears

Going the week of Thanksgiving in the POR Royal Guest rooms and really want a fridge and some warm blankets for the premium price. Wondering how to verify a fridge before placing Garden Grocer order?
Old 10-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #1165
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We took a cab from the Poly back to POR after our 8:00 dinner at Ohana. We asked the driver to take the "back" way that goes by the Wilderness Lodge. Roundtrip fare was $12 and some change plus we tipped of course. It was worth it to us not to have to fight the crowds at the Magic Kingdom after fireworks.

Regarding the white bedding, I like it because it seems cleaner and fresher to me but I do agree that the beds need a bed scarf at the foot to bring a bit of the resort theme to the bed and to make the bed look finished. I suspect those are coming soon because I don't think I have ever seen an all white bed in a hotel without a bed scarf for color. We were in a Royal Room at POR in September and, like many people, threw the heavy bedspreads on the floor. I don't like the idea that those big, heavy bedspreads aren't washed between guests. Yuck.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #1166
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so excited for you!!!!! We love POR & dinner at the POLY was fantastic. I agree with a PP... Take a cab... take a cab!! It was the best $15 (approx) we spent. Our reservation was around 8:30 after a full day @ AK so we were all exhausted. I can't imagine having to take disney transport after such a long day. Have a great vaca
Old 10-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #1167
tazmanrmv
Earning My Ears

This might have been asked already, but with the MB's being rolled out, I'm not totally comfortable that it will go smoothly. Can the front desk provide a list of charges, or amount spent against the MB's on request?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #1168
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Though the comforters were pretty to look at..this germaphobe will be happy to not have to deal with unwashed bedding. It would be nice if the sheets were a pale blue, or green... something that would still show unwanted stains, bedbugs, etc.. but would also blend into the theme of the room. Maybe they could even just add a blanket of some light color that would be easy to wash with the rest of the sheets.
I agree with you. I like pretty things but not pests lol and they are easier to see with white sheets. We had an incident one year with something called carpet/ furniture pests and it was not good.im happy about lighter colors and no heavy blankets that are rarely laundered. We do a full bedbug check upon arrival no matter where we stay.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #1169
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmanrmv View Post
This might have been asked already, but with the MB's being rolled out, I'm not totally comfortable that it will go smoothly. Can the front desk provide a list of charges, or amount spent against the MB's on request?
Yes they can.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #1170
lovebug21
Going to Disney!!!!

So happy to hear the big bedspreads will be gone. We immediately remove them and throw them in a closet. They just make my skin crawl knowing how dirty they are. We are staying in a royal room so I hope they have all been changed to the all white.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: