Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #1096
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Almost at the end of my ticker
One day of work left, I feel like this last week always drags by so slow
Just want to be at Disney
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 10-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #1097
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Almost at the end of my ticker
One day of work left, I feel like this last week always drags by so slow
Just want to be at Disney
Let it go slow when you arrive. 22 days and counting
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #1098
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedobaby View Post
Helpppp

I am going next week for a week at the grand Floridian and then 3 nights POR. We have booked a pool view room and were hoping to be in the alligator bayou. What room request if any should I put in? I am worried as I changed my plan from the French quarter which I had originally booked and now worried I made a mistake. Never stayed at either. Can anyone give me some advice? Or put my mind at ease! We are two friends each bringing one child each.
I think POR is very large so if you don want to be very far make sure you fax them a room request.you can see a room layout on porterlean s.org. Both resorts are very nic we are partial to POFQ because we like the serenity of it
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #1099
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Last year when we went it went slow surprisingly when we there I hope this year will be the same 😄
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 10-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #1100
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Last year when we went it went slow surprisingly when we there I hope this year will be the same dde04
We're going in November before thanksgiving its usually slow and decorated or Xmas
Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #1101
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj View Post
HELP!! what has been your experience at POR or POFQ? Is one resort "better" than the other?!?
Rather than re-typing this all again, my general thoughts on the subject can be found at: www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Choice. The brief summary is that I prefer POR, just as long as the room is not too far away from the main buildings.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #1102
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
We just got back today and out of the 3 parks we visited - Epcot, DHS & MK - to us the crowds were intense. DHS was so crowded on Monday we only went to TSM that we had a FP+ for & returned to BC. Epcot was crowded due to F&W and MK we went about 5pm & I was overwhelmed by the amount of people there. Wait times for the big stuff was way over an hour & FPs were gone or super late. People mover broke down as we were walking over to get on. I can't remember October ever being like this before. Plus the weather is hotter than hot!! Have fun on your trip!
I agree. We got back Sunday morning. This was our third time in October. We were surprised by both the HOT weather (can't even imagine it in the summer if this was October!) and the huge crowds. Epcot was very crowded. MK was very crowded by late morning....I suggest being at the park at opening, taking advantage of fastpass+ and reg fastpass (assuming that's still an option), and avoiding Epcot on the weekend. We still had an awesome time, but it was definitely different than our other trips in October. Disney must have anticipated the crowds, since our week was blacked out of free dining...and POR discount was only 5%.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #1103
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

Sorry, just wanted to see my ticker. Been preparing this trip forever....

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Old 10-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #1104
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The brief summary is that I prefer POR, just as long as the room is not too far away from the main buildings.

Andre
Hi Andre,

Thanks much for responding and providing the link... truly appreciate it

Have a great evening,
Joy
Old 10-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #1105
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Can anyone at POR at the moment confirm whether their room has the colourful themed bed covers, or just plain white sheets? Hearing reports that they have switched (which I knew was something that Disney was planning).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #1106
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post

I agree. We got back Sunday morning. This was our third time in October. We were surprised by both the HOT weather (can't even imagine it in the summer if this was October!) and the huge crowds. Epcot was very crowded. MK was very crowded by late morning....I suggest being at the park at opening, taking advantage of fastpass+ and reg fastpass (assuming that's still an option), and avoiding Epcot on the weekend. We still had an awesome time, but it was definitely different than our other trips in October. Disney must have anticipated the crowds, since our week was blacked out of free dining...and POR discount was only 5%.
I hope it's not like that fir our nov week. It's usually light crowds
Old 10-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #1107
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can anyone at POR at the moment confirm whether their room has the colourful themed bed covers, or just plain white sheets? Hearing reports that they have switched (which I knew was something that Disney was planning).

Andre
We will be there in 3 weeks Andre nothing you may need pics of at that time let me know
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #1108
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

We will be there in 3 weeks Andre nothing you may need pics of at that time let me know
Anything not nothing
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #1109
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj View Post
Hello everyone

We've been to WDW tons of times, however, have always stayed offsite... got a PIN and have decided to stay on property for the first time, in February, 2014 at a moderate resort

I've read through all the posts and have decided to stay at one of the Port Orleans resorts, however, am at an impasse do we choose POR or POFQ?!? Just not sure...

HELP!! what has been your experience at POR or POFQ? Is one resort "better" than the other?!?

Truly appreciate your responses

Joy
We and our grown kids just went to Disney. We stayed in POR and they stayed in POFQ. They are both wonderful. It was interesting to share our experiences with each other as we went/ I think POR is the most beautiful, but if distance and walking are an issue, POFQ is pretty, too, but my kids had very short walks everywhere. The store, restaurant, activities, and entertainment are better/in more supply at POR, however they are not far apart and you can use all the facilities at both.

My wife had foot surgery, so we probably would have been better at POFQ, but enjoyed our stay at POR. If not for walking issues, I would choose POR. Every walk to and from our room and crossing the river on bridges was just plain gorgeous.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #1110
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!

Quote:
Can anyone at POR at the moment confirm whether their room has the colourful themed bed covers, or just plain white sheets? Hearing reports that they have switched (which I knew was something that Disney was planning). Andre
Just returned Oct 8 and my room in AB had all white covers on bed. Actually liked the fresh clean appearance of the room.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards °o°

Disneyland - '57 x 4,'58 x 3,'60 x 2,'67,'06

WDW - Off site '73,'83,'88,'91, '04;CBR '99; POR '03,'13 Half Marathon), '14 x 2 (1 time just for fun and 1 time for Wine & Dine Half Marathon); POFQ '12,'13 (TOT 10 Miler), '15; POP '13, '14; CSR '07

DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: