Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #1036
Skjhjb
Mouseketeer

Sigh...once again we are changing dates! This trip was a surprise for our kids. Our middle child decided she is trying out for a part in the school musical....which falls smack in the middle of our trip dates. So we told them early, and she was super upset.

So, we decided I would bow out of my business commitment and change our dates if she got a part. She got a part, so we are moving dates!

Called my travel agent today, we are now booked for May 13 to May 19....and DD owes us $30 for the price difference! Lol
Second Trip - POR May 13-19/2014!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #1037
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
I dont think they would get the bands and even know what they are.... I thought stopping at McDonalds for lunch and running in while they wait in the van. Make sure thier stuff is in individual bags. I will put their band and Disney gift cards that i bought for them in their individual bags and let them figure it out...i also printed the POR Recreational Activities Calendar and have them in envelopes. I dont know.... Ill figure it out... eventually...
Wow that one sounds very cool. I like that one!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #1038
Just Love Disney
Mouseketeer

I'm getting pretty concerned and bummed out about the long bus wait times that have been mentioned on here recently. Is Disney aware of the long wait situation and if so, is there anything they are able to do about it? Maybe I should start looking into renting a car? I'm confused on what to do

Grand Floridian - 6/1992, Caribbean Beach - 10/2012, Port Orleans Riverside - 10/2013, Split Stay - Pop Century/Caribbean Beach - 10/2014
Old 10-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #1039
hokiesweetie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Love Disney View Post
I'm getting pretty concerned and bummed out about the long bus wait times that have been mentioned on here recently. Is Disney aware of the long wait situation and if so, is there anything they are able to do about it? Maybe I should start looking into renting a car? I'm confused on what to do
I second this concern
Old 10-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #1040
slatterie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Me too. Our family has to drive everywhere in our everyday lives so we were hoping that not having to worry about a car would be a great benefit. Now I'm having second thoughts. I knew when booking that one of few minuses of POR is the bus transportation but was hoping it had improved. Doesn't appear that way. We arrive tonight and will assess the situation tomorrow when we have to be a Chef Mickeys at 9am. I have a feeling we will be taking a lot of cabs.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #1041
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I'm getting pretty concerned and bummed out about the long bus wait times that have been mentioned on here recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiesweetie View Post
I second this concern
As with any other reports you read on the internet, it's often best to ignore the top 10% and the worst 10% as these are not likely to be typical, and the truth for most people will lie somewhere in between.

Disney run probably one of the best "free" bus services in the world, transferring millions of people a month, but that doesn't mean there aren't occasional glitches and hiccoughs.

So just go prepared for the quoted "up to 20 minute" waits for buses, and then be pleasantly surprised when the majority of the time they are a lot quicker than that.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #1042
Just Love Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
As with any other reports you read on the internet, it's often best to ignore the top 10% and the worst 10% as these are not likely to be typical, and the truth for most people will lie somewhere in between.

Disney run probably one of the best "free" bus services in the world, transferring millions of people a month, but that doesn't mean there aren't occasional glitches and hiccoughs.

So just go prepared for the quoted "up to 20 minute" waits for buses, and then be pleasantly surprised when the majority of the time they are a lot quicker than that.

Andre
Thank you for putting my mind, and probably others, at ease. I really wasn't looking forward to the additional costs of a rental car and/or cab fares. I'll be sure to update with my experience upon return

Grand Floridian - 6/1992, Caribbean Beach - 10/2012, Port Orleans Riverside - 10/2013, Split Stay - Pop Century/Caribbean Beach - 10/2014
Old 10-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #1043
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishnDisney View Post
I don't know the answers to your questions but . Have a great trip!
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
I will be there in 2 days also..... Cant wait!!!
Have a great time!!
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #1044
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Thank you for putting my mind, and probably others, at ease. I really wasn't looking forward to the additional costs of a rental car and/or cab fares. I'll be sure to update with my experience upon return
I second with Andre.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #1045
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Is this normal? I just did on line check in, and the only request it would let me make was what floor my room was on. There was nothing to check to be near the front, or near a bus stop. Nada.

I didn't pick anything as I don't care what floor I end up on. I only wanted a shot at being close to A bus stop. Don't care what depot it is, just near a bus stop. Bummed that that wasn't even an option.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #1046
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Is this normal? I just did on line check in, and the only request it would let me make was what floor my room was on. There was nothing to check to be near the front, or near a bus stop. Nada.

I didn't pick anything as I don't care what floor I end up on. I only wanted a shot at being close to A bus stop. Don't care what depot it is, just near a bus stop. Bummed that that wasn't even an option.
That's what the fax is for. The online system wont get specific for check in.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #1047
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
That's what the fax is for. The online system wont get specific for check in.
So, my TA put in our requests when she reserved the room. Do I do online checkin and the fax also? Do I put any requests during online checkin if the TA did it already?

I hope you guys are right about the buses, we have an 8:05am breakfast reservation one of our first days! Hubby and FIL will NOT be happy if they have to be at the bus stop at 6:30am for that!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #1048
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Have to say its POR or nothing for us anymore. We're at BC and really don't like it but we were spending 2 days doing Epcot F&W so thought it best. Nothing but problems since we checked in on Monday starting with furniture missing in our room to the "adjoining rooms" for my sis & her family being totally on the other sude of the resort in standard & not the garden view I paid for. So our December & January trips will be POR! Can't wait. Everything goes smooth there & I love all the info that Andre & Venom give us.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #1049
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
So, my TA put in our requests when she reserved the room. Do I do online checkin and the fax also? Do I put any requests during online checkin if the TA did it already?

I hope you guys are right about the buses, we have an 8:05am breakfast reservation one of our first days! Hubby and FIL will NOT be happy if they have to be at the bus stop at 6:30am for that!
I would let my fax reflect my requests as a back up to the TA. They often don't word everything through to Disney. We originally used AAA for ours in the past. I tell guests to just do online check in not filling any requests out on it. Let over the phone and faxes handle your request portion. It works better that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's My Favorite View Post
Have to say its POR or nothing for us anymore. We're at BC and really don't like it but we were spending 2 days doing Epcot F&W so thought it best. Nothing but problems since we checked in on Monday starting with furniture missing in our room to the "adjoining rooms" for my sis & her family being totally on the other sude of the resort in standard & not the garden view I paid for. So our December & January trips will be POR! Can't wait. Everything goes smooth there & I love all the info that Andre & Venom give us.
Your very welcome! Do I need to come whoop some BC tail, lol.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1050
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I second with Andre.
I would hope Disney has a means of "tracking" their buses to know to send them if one hasn't been around for a while. It seems the posting of wait times at the bus stop is a step in the right direction and an indicator that they do indeed know where the buses are at all times.

Something I am not sure about though: is there an employee at the main bus depot to assist with wait times or call for another bus?

Also, I understand that bus lines can be heavy after the park closes. Are there typically a number of buses lined up and ready to go to get as many patrons back to their resort as possible?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: