Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #991
peainapod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Actually I made it and its in my signature.

Thank you
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #992
katielafave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3littles View Post
We are taking our first trip as a family to Disney in February. I was there when I was 4, but my other family members have never been, including DH. We booked a preferred at POR. What additional room request(s) would you make? I don't know if we should just hope for pixiedust and a decent view, or if we should make a specific request My kids will be almost 10, 7, and almost 4 when we travel. I know everyone wants things to be magical, and I feel a bit of that since I'm not sure when we'll be back. However, I feel like I'm being annoying by making a request even though I know that's pretty standard. Would you request anything specific in one of the preferred AB buildings? I guess if I don't, I might end up staring at a parking lot for a week.
We just came back and had same thing - preferred. We requested first floor and corner room. Wound up in 27, corner room, garden view. It was perfect, but in all honesty, we didn't even have our blinds open that much.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #993
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
any recent news on POFQ refrigerators .. testing my ticker if it doesnt show up im done trying lol

We just returned home from POR on Sunday early am. We requested a fridge for diabetic DH, but had to call for it when we arrived....had fridge with "don't use" letter attached. They did get us one. So.....not all rooms have working fridges, yet.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #994
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Well we havent fully decided yet on how were gonna let them know.... I know that we will be checking them out of school around lunch time on Friday. We will stop for lunch and let them know during lunch.... I thought of a few ideas:

1- Have my husband say that he forgot something in the van and go out there and hang signs up saying were going to Disneyworld...
2- Give them each an envelope with words in it and let them put the words together... Were Going To See The Mouse...
3- Give my older 2 a hint envelope and my 4 yr old an envelope that contains a picture of Mickey.... Let them figure it out....
4- My husband wants me to wrap the magic bands up and let them open the "gift".

Dont think I have thought of the perfect way to tell them yet...... We will probably be brainstorming this all the way til we pick them up on Friday...
If you're stopping for pizza, call ahead and ask them to make a Mickey head shaped pizza. We did that before, and I know lots of others have, too.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #995
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Well we havent fully decided yet on how were gonna let them know.... I know that we will be checking them out of school around lunch time on Friday. We will stop for lunch and let them know during lunch.... I thought of a few ideas:

1- Have my husband say that he forgot something in the van and go out there and hang signs up saying were going to Disneyworld...
2- Give them each an envelope with words in it and let them put the words together... Were Going To See The Mouse...
3- Give my older 2 a hint envelope and my 4 yr old an envelope that contains a picture of Mickey.... Let them figure it out....
4- My husband wants me to wrap the magic bands up and let them open the "gift".

Dont think I have thought of the perfect way to tell them yet...... We will probably be brainstorming this all the way til we pick them up on Friday...

I like idea #1.

If they opened the magic bands as a gift, do you think they would connect them to Disney World right away?

I also love the idea that someone mentioned about ordering a Mickey shaped pizza!
Hey, what if you plan this ahead of time with the restaurant?
Maybe drop in a day or two ahead and ask the manager what they could do to help you. Then drop by before you go pick up the kids from school , and decorate a table with balloons and assorted Disney themed stuff, maybe a bit of confetti, Mickey plates and cups etc?
It will be a Going-to-Disney party!!! Then, when they ask when you are leaving, you can say RIGHT NOW !!

Oh how fun!

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
Old 10-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #996
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

For those of you who have gone to the MNSSHP on the sold out nights, how where the buses to get home at night after Midnight? What about earlier after the 2nd parade or after Wishes?

Thanks

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #997
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Just got back from 8 nights at POR. We booked preferred and my only room request was ground floor, and it was a good thing since DS injured his foot the evening before we left! However, when we arrived, we were on the second floor... go figure? That room was in bldg 15, but the only ground floor available for preferred was in 27, so we moved there. It was a pretty decent location. Kind of in the middle between the food court and Ol' Man Island, but far from parking, which was a bummer for us (see next paragraph). The room was nicely decorated and clean, and we all thought the beds were comfortable. DS enjoyed the pool and I LOVED the hot tub, but they really need to restrict children from getting into it. Small kids would run and jump in and splash while their parents looked on.

My only real complaint was the bus service. I can only compare it to my one stay at Pop, and maybe we just had good luck then, but I missed the roped-off queue at the bus stop as well as only having the one bus stop. The bus service was just better overall at Pop. The longest we waited for a bus last year was 20 minutes and that was only once. We waited 20 minutes every time this trip and once 40 minutes for a bus to MK. Goes without saying that it could have just been bad luck/timing on our part (except that 40 minute wait). We ended up just driving our vehicle a lot. We liked the close proximity to Downtown Disney and drove to DisneyQuest many times!
MAY 1994: CBR AUG 2012: POP OCT 2013: POR JAN 2014: POP OCT 2014: POP

Old 10-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #998
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Hey Everyone!!! I cant wait to be down at POR next week!!! i have been searching and searching but i cant seem to find where the information was on how to "bypass" the AC unit so that it runs continuously.... Does anyone know??? My boyfriend is a human heater, so this would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
May 2007 - Senior Trip All Star Sports
Oct 2012 - Mother/Daughter Trip to POR
May 2013 - 1st trip to Disneyland!
Oct 2013 - w/DBF to POR
Nov 2014- Wine & Dine Half (fingers crossed!)
Old 10-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #999
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all have a very Magical Day and or Visit!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #1000
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
Hey Everyone!!! I cant wait to be down at POR next week!!! i have been searching and searching but i cant seem to find where the information was on how to "bypass" the AC unit so that it runs continuously.... Does anyone know???
No need as far as I know - I think it's thermostat based, not motion based.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #1001
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
No need as far as I know - I think it's thermostat based, not motion based.

Andre
PORs ones are motion based and timed. Which can be forced into Program Mode for a 24 hour constant on feature.

*AC Bypass Directions in New Refurbed rooms:
To adjust the temperature, follow these instructions: On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters b/p where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want it to be and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it and moving, or not (as in sleeping).You may have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to the sensor mode after 24 hours.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 10-15-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #1002
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainapod View Post
Thank you
No Problem.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #1003
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
PORs ones are motion based and timed. Which can be forced into Program Mode for a 24 hour constant on feature.

*AC Bypass Directions in New Refurbed rooms:
To adjust the temperature, follow these instructions: On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters b/p where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want it to be and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it and moving, or not (as in sleeping).You may have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to the sensor mode after 24 hours.
THANK YOU! That is exactly what I was looking for!
May 2007 - Senior Trip All Star Sports
Oct 2012 - Mother/Daughter Trip to POR
May 2013 - 1st trip to Disneyland!
Oct 2013 - w/DBF to POR
Nov 2014- Wine & Dine Half (fingers crossed!)
Old 10-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #1004
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
THANK YOU! That is exactly what I was looking for!
No Problem. I save whatever I can when I feel it to be important. I have used this trick and it does work.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #1005
wdwdisneyfanchris
Earning My Ears

AK early bus questions

I stayed at POR last year in May and in October. I had an 8:05am Tusker House breakfast on both trips. In May, we were at the South Depot around 6:55, and waited forever. I don't remember when exactly we arrived, but I know we were several minutes late. I thought this was a fluke or we weren't at the bus stop early enough, so in October, we got to the South Depot by 6:40. Again, we were late. I know we arrived at 8:17am, and that was only because we ran. We will be at POR starting this Sunday, and on Tuesday, we have Tusker House at 8:20am. I have several family members who won't be able to run to the restaurant. Should I even consider trying the bus? Maybe at 6:25am? I have a group of 7 family members, including a 2-year-old, so if we wanted to try a cab, we would need a van with a car seat. I'd still rather take the bus, but I'm probably completely insane for even considering it! Just wondering if I had bad luck last year or if this is standard for early Animal Kingdom buses at POR. FWIW, we had no trouble getting to 8:00am Akershus ADRs at Epcot.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: