Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #961
kjh73
Mouseketeer

Hi, Just wondering if anyone children have done the Pirate Adventure, how was it? Also how far ahead did you book? Thanks!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #962
NHnurse
Earning My Ears

Thanks. We booked just a standard room
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #963
LolaMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymeme View Post
Have a great vacation!!! If you have a chance let us know how Magical Express went. How long before receiving luggage? We are using ME for first time this Feb. trip. Also it will be our first time at POR!!!
We arrived on Thursday, and it took 2 hours and 45 minutes to get our luggage
Old 10-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #964
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

Okay, I read that you can get hair braiding at the marina but I've been told that its wraps. My sister just wants regular braiding. She is going to be an Indian & I can not braid. Does anyone know if they would do just regular braiding or somewhere that would?

This is what she wants.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #965
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

We will be making our first trip to Disney in Nov and staying at POR. My DS6 is still a bedwetter. He wears pullups at night, but sometimes still gets the bed wet. How do we handle wet sheets at the resort?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #966
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbynum View Post
Okay, I read that you can get hair braiding at the marina but I've been told that its wraps. My sister just wants regular braiding. She is going to be an Indian & I can not braid. Does anyone know if they would do just regular braiding or somewhere that would?

This is what she wants.
It's just wraps, no braiding.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #967
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
We will be making our first trip to Disney in Nov and staying at POR. My DS6 is still a bedwetter. He wears pullups at night, but sometimes still gets the bed wet. How do we handle wet sheets at the resort?
I would invest in buying a queen water proof sheet from Walmart, they are like $11.99 - $19.99 and do an awesome job and protecting the bed. What we had to do is once we got there. Stripped the bed, put it on there like a fitted sheet, re-made the bed. If it happened then remove all of the sheets and wipe the protector sheet down with some Clorox wipes, trash them and put the sheets from the bed in the bathtub. Tip nice but no too much and mousekeeping will take care of you. Leave a note on the bed that you have a protector on the bed and for them to leave it on there. The last day we removed it and threw it in the trash. If you have more questions Private Message me and I will see if I can help you further.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #968
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Question: Hot tubs or no hot tubs in POR?

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon)
May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort
December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs
April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel)
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #969
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
Question: Hot tubs or no hot tubs in POR?
One by the main pool. But its not too small.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #970
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I would invest in buying a queen water proof sheet from Walmart, they are like $11.99 - $19.99 and do an awesome job and protecting the bed. What we had to do is once we got there. Stripped the bed, put it on there like a fitted sheet, re-made the bed. If it happened then remove all of the sheets and wipe the protector sheet down with some Clorox wipes, trash them and put the sheets from the bed in the bathtub. Tip nice but no too much and mousekeeping will take care of you. Leave a note on the bed that you have a protector on the bed and for them to leave it on there. The last day we removed it and threw it in the trash. If you have more questions Private Message me and I will see if I can help you further.
thanks! I never thought of that. I did see some stick on bed mats in the store, but they won't protect a queen size bed. I think they might work on the murphy bed. But the 3 kids are already fighting over who gets to sleep there, so it will probably be someone different every night.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #971
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

So, I'm pulling the trigger today and moving our reservations from CSR to POR. We want a RR (okay, I want). I'm so conflicted, though. We want to minimize our walk to the main buildings, but I'm afraid a pool view will be noisy, so am leaning toward river view. We also drive to the parks instead of the bus...I want it alll!!!! (whine, whine) So, at this point, I think we'll book RR, river view, and then send in a fax 5 days out requesting a room conveniently located to the main buildings. Does this make the most sense?

Thanks.

Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (12)

Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #972
maurihart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good idea about the bed protector - another idea is to get those good night pads. They're big and they stick to the sheets. If one gets wet just chunk it and use another. They come in packs of 9 and sold near the pullups. We have a bedwetter too. Totally feel ya! .

ME! 37 DH 42

DS (12) DD (9) DS (5)
Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #973
ny3boys
Mouseketeer

another question. sorry! Not only is this our first trip to Disney, but we haven't stayed anywhere other than with family since our kids were born- almost 10 years ago. So we are kind of out of the hotel loop. Who do we tip and how much? We are a family of 5- boys are 9, 8 and 6. Most of the time we will be with my in-laws also. We have requested connecting rooms. We have the dining plan, and I know we tip at TS places. How about CS? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #974
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
another question. sorry! Not only is this our first trip to Disney, but we haven't stayed anywhere other than with family since our kids were born- almost 10 years ago. So we are kind of out of the hotel loop. Who do we tip and how much? We are a family of 5- boys are 9, 8 and 6. Most of the time we will be with my in-laws also. We have requested connecting rooms. We have the dining plan, and I know we tip at TS places. How about CS? Thanks.
If you want a really magical experience especially with the chance of occasional leaks. I just left the tip for mouse keeping, aka housekeeping. They will usually make use of any stuffed animals and even get creative placing towel animals in the room also.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #975
peainapod
Mouseketeer

Okay, I KNOW I am just missing it (lack of sleep with an infant LOL!)

Where may I find the fax form that *Venomhatch* was kind enough to make for us?

Last edited by peainapod; 10-14-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Giving credit to the right person :)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: