Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #76
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Subbing in. Had to deal with a lot this weekend.
I hope everything is ok!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #77
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatedillusions View Post
Also the bridge by the food court to the pool is closed...anyone know when it will be back open?
I don't know for sure, but the bridge on the other side of the island was closed last month for 5 days for repair work on the decking, so I'm guessing this is probably the same. The workers, or the front desk, should be able to tell you - and then could you let us know? Thanks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #78
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Anyone know the odds of getting a table at Boatwrights without a reservation? We dont have a ADR but may want to walk in since it is at our resort?
The odds are excellent in your favor.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #79
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Fastpass + and Reg fastpass

I will be there in 32 days Oct 18-23. I have explained the fastpass+ to everyone I am traveling with, they don't want to do it. I kinda do which leads to my question, in Oct are we still going to be able to both fastpass+ and fastpass?
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #80
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

We'll be checking in at POR in 3 days!!

Called Thursday to request the Mansion side of the resort, preferably the Magnolia building, and top floor. The CM I spoke with (Debra) was really sweet. I mentioned it is my adult DD's VERY FIRST TIME at WDW so she said she would note it on our reservation, and she will get a pin to wear.

Does anyone know if all the refrigerators have been replaced at POR by now? It won't be a huge inconvenience if we don't have one, but I know we've always enjoyed being able to use one there in the past for drinks and snacks.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #81
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMagicFan View Post
Yeah I think your idea is better.
When i made the original ressies I guessed the wrong weekend for TOT so we had to add the extra nights and extend our vacations (I had to put in the request or not get September/October approval and just guessed wrong).
I"m not sure mine is better or not...after all, I'll have most of my trip AFTER the run, quite possible in pain! And it might backfire from trip exhaustion, not sure.

In January though I'm doing the Half and 5K, and I'm definitely doing it your way for that one. But that's b/c I run in the evening anyway, so the TOT is easy on me, but I'm not sure about running a half starting at what I feel is midnight, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post

Does anyone know if all the refrigerators have been replaced at POR by now? It won't be a huge inconvenience if we don't have one, but I know we've always enjoyed being able to use one there in the past for drinks and snacks.
According to the info in the first post of this thread, nope. Not all done.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #82
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
in Oct are we still going to be able to both fastpass+ and fastpass?
Well you can for now, but October is another month and no one can say for certain what Disney will do next with the FP+ tests. By the end of October all of the on-site resort guests should be using FP+, but regular park guests probably won't as yet, so my guess is that you will be OK - but that's only a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Does anyone know if all the refrigerators have been replaced at POR by now?
See the FAQ in the first post. I don't have anything more recent than that as yet, and will update it when we get more info.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #83
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I don't know for sure, but the bridge on the other side of the island was closed last month for 5 days for repair work on the decking, so I'm guessing this is probably the same. The workers, or the front desk, should be able to tell you - and then could you let us know? Thanks.

Andre
your probably correct - I will be at POR on 9/26 and if this hasn't been finished by then will try to get an update.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #84
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer

Thanks Andre. I will check for updates in a few weeks.
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
Old 09-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #85
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
However, if you are going to be there end of October and early November, you aren't going to get to see Christmas -- they don't start setting up for that until Thanksgiving.

Tom
Not true. We've been going for the first week of November for the past 4 years, and usually by the middle of that week the parks have started putting up the Holiday decorations. We've even done MVMCP and the Osborne Lights that first week of November. It's true, though, that most of the resorts do not have their decorations and holiday offerings until closer to Thanksgiving, but going in early November you can still see the beginnings of the Holidays.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #86
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
That depends! As a floridian I know it can be diff every year. There is definitely a possibility of cold fronts @ that time but other than that I'd say 80s lower hopefully but i need a sweater around 78 lol. I have gone trick or treating and froze but more often than not its still warm

This is the time of year where it also gets cooler @ night I was talking day time temps!
sounds great!! Thank you
Old 09-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #87
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
I'm nervous about the fridge. What do you mean they would only give refund if it was a medical necessity? So, there is not a guarantee for a medical necessity? My DH is diabetic. We HAVE to have a fridge. It's not an option....his med has to be refrigerated. I have the request on our ressie, and will fax request. Andre...should I be concerned? I'm nervous after reading this.
They will get you a fridge!!! we had it in our fax and it was not in our room--but they got one and did so with a smile
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #88
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Back from a 9 night stay at POR, and it was fantastic!

First, thank you to the MacDonald family our neighbors in room 9104(or 5?) who left us a partial case of bottled water, some vitamin water, and some gatorade on the morning they checked out, with a nice note asking us to enjoy.

Thank you very much. It is the small unexpected gestures of kindness that can really have an impact.

The resort is beautiful. We asked for the closest room possible and had made a few other secondary requests such as corner, 1st floor. I also agreed to pay for an upgrade to get closer. We were pixie dusted a corner, Royal room, garden view in Oak Manor, 9103 to be exact.

And for Andre; I was texted my room number while in Animal Kingdom and was immediately able to access your website on my Note II and locate the room on your maps, so I knew exactly where it was. Thanks.

The walk was a little bit to the main buildings but parking was close. Did I mention this place is beautiful.

The Royal rooms are fun. I think my wife pushed the button for fireworks on the bed twice. I did it every single time I got near the bed.
I had no refrigerator, but I had made it clear I didn't need one if someone else did need one. When I checked out I asked for the discount and was given it immediately with no questions asked.

All the CM's were nice and when I stood around near the online checkin someone came by and took care of things with a tablet. Same thing at checkout.
Saw a racoon near the one bridge in the evening while taking the boat to DTD.

We spent a lot of time in the parks so we didn't get to use the mugs much. By the time we got back either the place was closed or the line was long so we didin't bother. Ate at the food court once and it was fine.

Our room was well cared for and we had cute towel animals at various times. I could tell when cleaning people changed due to their different styles of animals and other things - first one was good, second didn't do much, third was fantastic and did all the rooms around us with "displays" of two towel animals in each window.

Every CM we came in contact with was pleasant and helpful. And the place was beautiful. Did I say that already?

With a hanging organizer and collapsible hamper we did fine and were able to unpack the suitcases and live out of the room. (I dislike living out of a suitcase for some reason.)

Magic Bands worked absolutely fine except once: One day going into Epcot they wouldn't work. Someone came with a tablet, did something, and immediately they worked and we were on our way. That was the only issue we had.

The only other issue was that you have to physically touch the band to whatever the scanner is and it is best to lay the flat thick part of the band flat on the scanner. This is inconvienient when opening your door, your arm doesn't normally bend that way, and it was almost impossible to use the scanner to enter the resort (at the gate) We would end up using the card or my wife took her band off to touch it to the scanner. They should change the shape of some scanners if they want us to use a band attached to our wrists. The round balls at the parks were not problem.

Buying things and FP+ were easy and worked with out a hitch. The buying was too easy in fact!

Loved the hot tub and it wasn't too busy. ( I was worried about one hot tub for such a big resort, but all was OK.) Pool was nice and the landscape was lush with good landscaping. I liked the way Ol' Man Island was covered in trees and the pool was almost invisible from the buildings side of the river.

We would definitely do it again.

Two little notes of interest: The older CM who stands at the front to greet people and give them stickers or just say good morning, good evening, or welcome home, was very nice and added a great deal to the beginning or ending of the day and the trip. Second, I was driving out to return our ECV I had rented and one of the carts comes by on the road, the car was empty except for the driver. The driver all of the sudden lifted up a professionally made sign that just said, "Hey, Y'all!". As he drove by me. I laughed out loud and waved back! It made my trip pleasant. I don't know why such little things have such a big impact, but they do.

Now I need to plan the next trip. Thanks everyone for your help in making our trip awesome!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #89
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post

First, thank you to the MacDonald family our neighbors in room 9104(or 5?) who left us a partial case of bottled water, some vitamin water, and some gatorade on the morning they checked out, with a nice note asking us to enjoy.

Thank you very much. It is the small unexpected gestures of kindness that can really have an impact.

The resort is beautiful. We asked for the closest room possible and had made a few other secondary requests such as corner, 1st floor. I also agreed to pay for an upgrade to get closer. We were pixie dusted a corner, Royal room, garden view in Oak Manor, 9103 to be exact.

And for Andre; I was texted my room number while in Animal Kingdom and was immediately able to access your website on my Note II and locate the room on your maps, so I knew exactly where it was. Thanks.

The walk was a little bit to the main buildings but parking was close. Did I mention this place is beautiful.

The Royal rooms are fun. I think my wife pushed the button for fireworks on the bed twice. I did it every single time I got near the bed.
I had no refrigerator, but I had made it clear I didn't need one if someone else did need one. When I checked out I asked for the discount and was given it immediately with no questions asked.

All the CM's were nice and when I stood around near the online checkin someone came by and took care of things with a tablet. Same thing at checkout.
Saw a racoon near the one bridge in the evening while taking the boat to DTD.

We spent a lot of time in the parks so we didn't get to use the mugs much. By the time we got back either the place was closed or the line was long so we didin't bother. Ate at the food court once and it was fine.

Our room was well cared for and we had cute towel animals at various times. I could tell when cleaning people changed due to their different styles of animals and other things - first one was good, second didn't do much, third was fantastic and did all the rooms around us with "displays" of two towel animals in each window.

Every CM we came in contact with was pleasant and helpful. And the place was beautiful. Did I say that already?

With a hanging organizer and collapsible hamper we did fine and were able to unpack the suitcases and live out of the room. (I dislike living out of a suitcase for some reason.)

Magic Bands worked absolutely fine except once: One day going into Epcot they wouldn't work. Someone came with a tablet, did something, and immediately they worked and we were on our way. That was the only issue we had.

The only other issue was that you have to physically touch the band to whatever the scanner is and it is best to lay the flat thick part of the band flat on the scanner. This is inconvienient when opening your door, your arm doesn't normally bend that way, and it was almost impossible to use the scanner to enter the resort (at the gate) We would end up using the card or my wife took her band off to touch it to the scanner. They should change the shape of some scanners if they want us to use a band attached to our wrists. The round balls at the parks were not problem.

Buying things and FP+ were easy and worked with out a hitch. The buying was too easy in fact!

Loved the hot tub and it wasn't too busy. ( I was worried about one hot tub for such a big resort, but all was OK.) Pool was nice and the landscape was lush with good landscaping. I liked the way Ol' Man Island was covered in trees and the pool was almost invisible from the buildings side of the river.

We would definitely do it again.

Two little notes of interest: The older CM who stands at the front to greet people and give them stickers or just say good morning, good evening, or welcome home, was very nice and added a great deal to the beginning or ending of the day and the trip. Second, I was driving out to return our ECV I had rented and one of the carts comes by on the road, the car was empty except for the driver. The driver all of the sudden lifted up a professionally made sign that just said, "Hey, Y'all!". As he drove by me. I laughed out loud and waved back! It made my trip pleasant. I don't know why such little things have such a big impact, but they do.

Now I need to plan the next trip. Thanks everyone for your help in making our trip awesome!
Thanks for the great review! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #90
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post

Wow this was a great synopsis! Nice to hear things went well for you! Appreciate you taking the time to share with us! Nice you got some in unexpected ways....
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: