Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #871
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
Well, I stand corrected. The faded worn looking carpet and bedspreads, bed posts of rough looking wood, non-working refrigerator, and the musty, dusty odor must all be part of the intentional "shabby chic" decor. If that is others preference, that's fine. It was not for us, and I was grateful that we were at least given what we three girls wanted, paid for and had dreamed of for 8 months--Magnolia Bend, Garden View. The rest of our stay was perfectly lovely.
I just pointed out that your statement about AB rooms being old and not refurbished was wrong, no need to lash out at me because you didn't like your room. By the way, all rooms at WDW have had a non working refrigerator at some point this year. It wasn't just your room and it wasn't just at POR AB. Unless you booked and paid for a Royal Guest Room you aren't guaranteed a room in Magnolia Bend. That's just a request.
EpcotBill is online now  
Old 10-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #872
Carolwoodpr
DIS Veteran
 
Carolwoodpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
we just ordered some from Nestle. It comes in 24 pack and was around $9 after shipping.
See you then! I can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Carolwoodpr is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #873
carmelhp
Mouseketeer
 
carmelhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post

......

Does anyone have any pics of these glow in the dark sliders for the magic bands?

Thanks
I had my wife take a few shots of my daughters 2013 slider from POR and her Duffy BandIts that we bought at Fulton's. One is taken in the dark to try to show the glow-in-the-dark slider.





__________________
carmelhp is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #874
Katelly
Mouseketeer
 
Katelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 391

Ohhh, I like those 2013 sliders! So Fultons is selling the MB bandits? Good to know. I thought maybe I'd have to wait to get to the parks to find them.
__________________


Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Katelly is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #875
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran
 
Gracefulskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post


Is this 2013 one the "free" one I heard mention of a day or so ago?
Gracefulskinny is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #876
carmelhp
Mouseketeer
 
carmelhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
Is this 2013 one the "free" one I heard mention of a day or so ago?
Yes.
__________________
carmelhp is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #877
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,777

Good morning all POR Fans! Hope you have a very Magical Day!
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #878
delilah18
DIS Veteran
 
delilah18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 502

Thanks for posting the slider😄
How much did the Duffy bandits cost at Fulton?

Thanks
__________________
Me DH
DD 6 DS 4 :
AoA LM Sept/Oct 2012
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

delilah18 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #879
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.
 
TooBoyz4us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: N.W. Georgia
Posts: 2,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post
I had my wife take a few shots of my daughters 2013 slider from POR and her Duffy BandIts that we bought at Fulton's. One is taken in the dark to try to show the glow-in-the-dark slider.





Yay!!! So, we just ask about the 2013 sliders at the check-in desk?
Thankyou so very much for sharing pictures!!!
__________________

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #880
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
Well, I stand corrected. The faded worn looking carpet and bedspreads, bed posts of rough looking wood, non-working refrigerator, and the musty, dusty odor must all be part of the intentional "shabby chic" decor. If that is others preference, that's fine. It was not for us, and I was grateful that we were at least given what we three girls wanted, paid for and had dreamed of for 8 months--Magnolia Bend, Garden View. The rest of our stay was perfectly lovely.
If you are going to throw a tissy fit, at least do it with knowledge.

Alligator Bayou has a back woods New Orleans Bayou feel. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

However, the Garden View booking does not guarantee you either Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend, only a view of the Garden.

I'm sorry your still steaming over this long after the gracious staff met your demand.
__________________
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.



WyoMickey is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #881
jclouti
Earning My Ears
 
jclouti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good morning all POR Fans! Hope you have a very Magical Day!
Thank you, same to you!

135 days to go - yippee! Kids don't know yet and I'm having trouble keeping the secret (it is their Christmas Present). :-)
jclouti is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #882
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer
 
emilyhuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
If you are going to throw a tissy fit, at least do it with knowledge.

Alligator Bayou has a back woods New Orleans Bayou feel. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

However, the Garden View booking does not guarantee you either Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend, only a view of the Garden.

I'm sorry your still steaming over this long after the gracious staff met your demand.
I agree. You are lucky to be in disney, take that with a grain of salt because there are much less fortunate people in the world.
__________________
Me DBF
Various Trips 1992-2006 (CBR, CSR, ASMMS, POP, POR), May 2007 All Star Sports, Oct 2012 POR, May 2013 Disneyland, Oct 2013 POR, Oct 2014 All Star Sports
emilyhuff is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #883
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclouti View Post
Thank you, same to you!

135 days to go - yippee! Kids don't know yet and I'm having trouble keeping the secret (it is their Christmas Present). :-)
Surprise ones are the best! We did that one year before moving here and she didn't believe us even after telling her at the airport. She thought we were just eating dinner there.

But Glad to have you coming down!
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #884
jclouti
Earning My Ears
 
jclouti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Surprise ones are the best! We did that one year before moving here and she didn't believe us even after telling her at the airport. She thought we were just eating dinner there. But Glad to have you coming down!
That's awesome. :-). Kids have such an interesting way of processing things.

We are going in Feb so they will have a couple of months to get used to the idea. :-). We are putting Mickey T-shirts, autograph books, and a kid's travel guide under the tree as "hints". Will see if they guess on their own. :-)
jclouti is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #885
harmon54
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 79

Quick question about the slider-do you think it will still fit on the band with the grey part removed- we had to make it smaller for my daughter like it says to. Thanks
harmon54 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: