Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #826
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclouti View Post
Hi Everyone - Apologies if this has been previously asked, but I didn't find it in a search. I was wondering if anyone can confirm the size of the in-room safes at POR? Would an iPad (regular, not mini) fit inside? How tall are they inside also. Thanks.
I haven't stayed at POR but I am assuming the safes are the same as POFQ and we fit 2 iPads in the safe.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #827
cathy jane
Earning My Ears

36 days till we arrive. So excited. Can't wait.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #828
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

JustLoveDisney, you can have bags transferred by Disney, but you cannot expect to see them until soften official checkin time. So be sure you have everything you need. You can also get a taxi and bring your stuff to the new resort and leave them with por's bell services. That way you know where they are.

But there is something awesome about being where you will be when you wake up. We have done it both ways and now we just feel its money well worth it. We landed after midnight during our feb trip so we barely got any value from that first night in many ways, but waking in OUR room was wonderful.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #829
jclouti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I haven't stayed at POR but I am assuming the safes are the same as POFQ and we fit 2 iPads in the safe.
Thanks so much!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #830
MomofTwinPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post
It's Disney World, nothing is free, but yes, there is no additional charge.
Made me laugh. That is so true.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #831
MomofTwinPrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Everyone - Apologies if this has been previously asked, but I didn't find it in a search. I was wondering if anyone can confirm the size of the in-room safes at POR? Would an iPad (regular, not mini) fit inside? How tall are they inside also. Thanks.
We just got back from POR. The safes are the smallest that I've ever seen but we got two Kindle Fires and my wallet in there. There was no way you could put a laptop in one.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #832
jclouti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofTwinPrincesses View Post
We just got back from POR. The safes are the smallest that I've ever seen but we got two Kindle Fires and my wallet in there. There was no way you could put a laptop in one.
Good to know - thanks. I've been debating also bringing my DSLR instead of just the point-and-shoot. Since I won't be able to fit it in the safe, it means that I either have to drag it everywhere, or trust that it will be safe in the room (which I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with - not just at Disney but at any hotel).
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #833
jessic2422
Mouseketeer

I was able to fit my canon dslr in the safe sitting on its side not in the bag.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #834
jclouti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessic2422 View Post
I was able to fit my canon dslr in the safe sitting on its side not in the bag.
Oh! This is good to know. Can I ask which model of Canon you have to get an idea of size (or maybe even the height of your camera)? I am using the Nikon D7000, which is about 4" tall when sitting on a table.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #835
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I guess the lens could be taken off and stored side-by-side maybe...

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #836
jessic2422
Mouseketeer

I think it is a d60 or something like that. I can look tomorrow and let you know. I am one of those people who thought they would learn to take pictures after I had a kiddo and really have no business with a fancy camera.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #837
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Oh! This is good to know. Can I ask which model of Canon you have to get an idea of size (or maybe even the height of your camera)? I am using the Nikon D7000, which is about 4" tall when sitting on a table.
Good gosh my d7100 and d5100 never leave my side!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #838
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Since it is after midnight....I am officially under 3 weeks!!! This time tomorrow night I will be in the teens!!!! Woooohooooooo!!!!! Hear that POR...we are coming!!

Not sure why my countdown is off??!! But it is by 2 whole days!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #839
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Pretty small, but you'd fit an iPad in. Interior dimensions 35cm x 24.5cm x 9cm deep, access door size is 30cm x 21cm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
What is the check out time for Riverside?
11am. You ask for up to 1pm without extra charge, but whether they grant the request depends on whether they need the room for another guest or not. You can normally only request this a day or so before your checkout day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
When you do a car rental at airport is there anyone at POR to take your bags from the car to the room?
Pull up outside the front of the hotel and drop your bags off at Bell Services when you arrive. They will give you a receipt tag for them. Then once you get checked in and you are in your room, just phone Bell Services and they will get someone to bring them up to the room for you as soon as they can. They won't bring bags to an unoccupied room though (other than via the pre-booked Magical Express service) so you'll need to wait there for them. Don't forget to tip.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #840
jclouti
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.

Mickey1968 - great idea about removing the lens!

Jessic2422 - I hear you. My camera was a present for my 40th birthday. I've taken an intro class, which helped, but I don't use it as often as I should. I figure if i don't start using it more I'm not going to get good at it, and there will be a lot of cool things to take pictures of at Disney (like my kids freaking out that they are there). ;-)

Venom - nice gear! What do you do for the rides? Are you able to carry on or is there somewhere safe to put them?

Andre - thanks so much for the dimensions and picture - that was exactly what I needed! :-)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: