Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #61
mrsmomo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5
My hubby and I have been back from POR for a week and I am starting to plan for my next Disney vacation in 2016 with my GF when we both celebrate special birthdays. I think I have convinced her to stay at POR over the values--we want so save some money, but to me POR is worth it

We are planning on going end of Oct and first part of Nov to get in both Halloween and Christmas. I have never been to Florida then but I assume it is still warm--Am I correct?
That depends! As a floridian I know it can be diff every year. There is definitely a possibility of cold fronts @ that time but other than that I'd say 80s lower hopefully but i need a sweater around 78 lol. I have gone trick or treating and froze but more often than not its still warm

This is the time of year where it also gets cooler @ night I was talking day time temps!

Me DH DD DS
Old 09-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #62
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

Got my Mickey Mail today!!! YAY!!! Guess the Magic Bands will be next...Cant wait. Its getting harder and harder to keep this a secret!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #63
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Sometimes it's nice to get a surprise if your mind is not set on anything in particular - maybe just add a simple request for a "pleasant view", or add "reasonably close to main buildings" if you wish, and see what happens?

Andre
Thanks. How will I ever decide? A month ago I didn't like the decor in AB, but it's growing on me every time I look at pictures.

Complicating factor is that I'm running the TOT on our second night, and going by how I feel today after a 10K I'm vaguely wishing I'd booked Preferred! On the other hand, walking it out is good for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMagicFan View Post
Thank u! Just seeing if i will acclimate tome zones and planning for runs in anticipation of the TOT.
Oh wow, so you decided to get to town early and get acclimated? We (I) chose to get to town on the 4th and use the time change from pacific to my advantage. It'll feel like 7 to me, and that's just about when I'm running at home anyway, so I'm crossing fingers it works for me! Also lets DS be up WAY later without feeling too ghastly at the party.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #64
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Hang in there illuminatedillusions. I will take up your banner for solo adult travel to Disney when I get there on Oct. 27! Just 40 more days!!!

It's the only way to travel!! I think the folks dragging the whole family around are secretly jealous of our freedom!

P.S. Check out the Solo and Adult Travelers board. There are lots of us solo travelers!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Last edited by mickey1968; 09-16-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #65
gipcrew4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
For those there last week or this week, how full does the resort feel? Just curious since some folks may have switched to POR since they are testing out the Magic Bands.

Dan
I've never been before, but it doesn't feel that crowded at all to me.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #66
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
My hubby and I have been back from POR for a week and I am starting to plan for my next Disney vacation in 2016 with my GF when we both celebrate special birthdays. I think I have convinced her to stay at POR over the values--we want so save some money, but to me POR is worth it

We are planning on going end of Oct and first part of Nov to get in both Halloween and Christmas. I have never been to Florida then but I assume it is still warm--Am I correct?
I was there last year at that time and it was in the 80s every day. I will also be there in a month and will update. However, if you are going to be there end of October and early November, you aren't going to get to see Christmas -- they don't start setting up for that until Thanksgiving.

Tom
Old 09-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #67
illuminatedillusions
Earning My Ears

So went to Hollywood studios today! Loved it (except for waiting an hour to go to the park and 3 buses come at the same time!)

Loved tower of terror that I came back to POR to change my fastpass plus online for this evening to have another go!

I was so terrified and these two lovely teenagers were in the queue with me and said I was with them so they could sit with me and make sure I got through it! Rock n' Roller Coaster was way worse but still went on it twice!

Have fastpasses for this evening for the two and Fantasmic!

Also the bridge by the food court to the pool is closed...anyone know when it will be back open?
Sept 2014 - Solo at Cabana Bay Beach
Old 09-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #68
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

What do people usually use for storage needs in the AB rooms?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #69
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

Anyone know the odds of getting a table at Boatwrights without a reservation? We dont have a ADR but may want to walk in since it is at our resort?

Last edited by eaf2063; 09-16-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #70
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbynum View Post
What do people usually use for storage needs in the AB rooms?
I have never been, our 1st time at this resort is fast approaching. I was told to get a hanging closet organizer and a collapsible clothes hamper. I found both at Target and spent around 14.00 each. They are already packed in the suitcases. Others have mentioned that because of the lack of storage space, they mostly live out of their suitcases.... We will see soon enough....
Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #71
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Wow, can't keep up with the thread! 22 days for us, finally getting close!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 09-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #72
stef12280
Earning My Ears

12 days till we are in POR!!!!

SO EXCITED!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #73
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Oh wow, so you decided to get to town early and get acclimated? We (I) chose to get to town on the 4th and use the time change from pacific to my advantage. It'll feel like 7 to me, and that's just about when I'm running at home anyway, so I'm crossing fingers it works for me! Also lets DS be up WAY later without feeling too ghastly at the party.

Yeah I think your idea is better.
When i made the original ressies I guessed the wrong weekend for TOT so we had to add the extra nights and extend our vacations (I had to put in the request or not get September/October approval and just guessed wrong).
Old 09-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #74
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatedillusions View Post
So went to Hollywood studios today! Loved it (except for waiting an hour to go to the park and 3 buses come at the same time!)

Loved tower of terror that I came back to POR to change my fastpass plus online for this evening to have another go!

I was so terrified and these two lovely teenagers were in the queue with me and said I was with them so they could sit with me and make sure I got through it! Rock n' Roller Coaster was way worse but still went on it twice!

Have fastpasses for this evening for the two and Fantasmic!

Also the bridge by the food court to the pool is closed...anyone know when it will be back open?
Glad you enjoyed HS and did the Tower (I am still a big chicken). Nice to have two friends when you had such a bummer the day before

Oh my - bridge to food court is closed!!! hope that is just temporary.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #75
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
I have never been, our 1st time at this resort is fast approaching. I was told to get a hanging closet organizer and a collapsible clothes hamper. I found both at Target and spent around 14.00 each. They are already packed in the suitcases. Others have mentioned that because of the lack of storage space, they mostly live out of their suitcases.... We will see soon enough....
Thanks Will have to pick those up.

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: