Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #721
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 47,098

Here now. . Booked a standard through rundisney, had no requests other than a sunny corner, and they upgraded us to a royal! Standard view for sure, but I'm not complaining about that at all! Actually very convenient since we have a car and can park *right there*. Fabulous!
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline  
Old 10-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #722
DisneyGurl5
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7

To Sydnerella: We took the POR bus to Hollywood Studios and then took the walkway to the Boardwalk area (could have taken the boat from HS, but the walk is quiet and peaceful) and over to Fantasia Gardens....took about 20 minutes from getting off the bus at HS. For Flying Fish, the same thing would work. You can also access this area from the International Gateway entrance at Epcot I believe? We have never done this, however.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!
DisneyGurl5 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #723
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Here now. . Booked a standard through rundisney, had no requests other than a sunny corner, and they upgraded us to a royal! Standard view for sure, but I'm not complaining about that at all! Actually very convenient since we have a car and can park *right there*. Fabulous!
That is awesome!!
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is offline  
Old 10-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #724
carmelhp
Mouseketeer
 
carmelhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
We went about noon. DH went in with a cab at 6:30 for the Behind The Steam Trains tour. The kids and I slept in and met him there to have lunch at Tony's.

...
I think 4:00 was a problem for us because everyone else, like us, were going for the unofficial opening hours for MNSSHP. When we got to the South Depot, less than a dozen people were waiting, but it quickly ballooned.
__________________
POP 12/11-12/15/2012
RPR 12/15-12/18/2012
POR 9/12-10/1/2013
RPR 12/3-12/12/2014
MVMCP 2012 & 2014
MNSSHP 2013
carmelhp is offline  
Old 10-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #725
Kalea
Mouseketeer
 
Kalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 257

We're checking into POR for the first time in 2 weeks (eeeek!), and I'm a little concerned about the midday breaks I have scheduled.

For just about every day, I have about three hours blocked out (12:00-15:00 or 13:00-16:00) as a break. The beginning of the block starts when we finish a park activity, and the end of the block is about when we'd want to be back at the entrance to the park. I'm being conservative in my estimates, so in reality we have a bit more wiggle room than it sounds.

Is three hours enough time for a break? We'd like to get back and play in the pool for a bit or just lay down in the room. We'll have a car; would we be better off using that rather than the bus?

Thanks!
__________________
Kalea is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #726
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
We're checking into POR for the first time in 2 weeks (eeeek!), and I'm a little concerned about the midday breaks I have scheduled.

For just about every day, I have about three hours blocked out (12:00-15:00 or 13:00-16:00) as a break. The beginning of the block starts when we finish a park activity, and the end of the block is about when we'd want to be back at the entrance to the park. I'm being conservative in my estimates, so in reality we have a bit more wiggle room than it sounds.

Is three hours enough time for a break? We'd like to get back and play in the pool for a bit or just lay down in the room. We'll have a car; would we be better off using that rather than the bus?

Thanks!
If u hv a car then u shd hv plenty of time. It is the timing to get the bus going and returning that took the most time for us. Had to add a half hour to our transit which took away from our break time.
HiMagicFan is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #727
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast
 
Sydnerella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
Can it be the 11th yet?!? These last 6 days are just dragging. The cost of planning ahead and preventing the high stress of getting everything done in the last minutes apparently has a downside. Now I don't have much to keep me busy so things can go faster. With everything mostly ready to go at this point DH and I are getting sever vacationitis!
We arrive the 11th as well! Feeling very excited and trying to get packing done today as the laundry gets completed by DH. We will be at the 14th MNSSHP, and you? Hope you have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
No ticker at the moment..... bummer!

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #728
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,037

Got our luggage tags but my discount coupons arent in there. Hmmm. I am having a forgetful moment. CAN SOMEONE let me know if that should have been in thd mailing or you get that at check in??? The discount golf coupons etc?? Anyone???
__________________
sunset7132 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #729
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 833

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Got our luggage tags but my discount coupons arent in there. Hmmm. I am having a forgetful moment. CAN SOMEONE let me know if that should have been in thd mailing or you get that at check in??? The discount golf coupons etc?? Anyone???
I got them in my packet.
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #730
LisaTC
DIS Veteran
 
LisaTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,544

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Got our luggage tags but my discount coupons arent in there. Hmmm. I am having a forgetful moment. CAN SOMEONE let me know if that should have been in thd mailing or you get that at check in??? The discount golf coupons etc?? Anyone???
I think they are in the little booklet thingy. You have to tear them out. I thought they were missing, too. Look closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainapod View Post
Is there somewhere I can see pics of the food court area? Also, how is the food at Boatwright's?
I'll address Boatwrights. Like any restaurant, in the Universe, it can have it's good and not so good days. That said, we've always had a good experience there. We've had numerous items from the menu. The Nawlin's themed items are spicy, which is fine with me, but may not be for some. DH has always had the prime rib and said it was excellent and he's a prime rib guy. Service can be slower at times...I don't know how big their kitchen is.

Incidentally, the River Roost is awesome, fun, good appetizers, drinks and entertainment!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD10)


LisaTC is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #731
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran
 
Gracefulskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
We arrive the 11th as well! Feeling very excited and trying to get packing done today as the laundry gets completed by DH. We will be at the 14th MNSSHP, and you? Hope you have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We will have to keep an eye out for each other! You recognize me by the purple backpack with a luggage tag that has a green mickey head and our screen names on it.

We aren't going to the MNSSHP this year. This is an adult trip for us so we decided that that was best saved for another trip when we have DD with us.
Gracefulskinny is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #732
clareyfairymouse
Mouseketeer
 
clareyfairymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Devon, United Kingdom
Posts: 253

Character Breakfasts at other resorts

Does anyone know if there is transport provided from POR to other resorts for early morning breakfast reservations?
We have a reservation at Cape May Cafe for 7.55am.
__________________


2004 - IP UK Pavilion, 2008 - 1st WDW Holiday - Pop Century, 2010 - WDW Wedding - Wedding Pavilion & Stayed at Wilderness Lodge 2013 - Florida Keys & Port Orleans Riverside
clareyfairymouse is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #733
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 8,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by clareyfairymouse View Post
Does anyone know if there is transport provided from POR to other resorts for early morning breakfast reservations?
We have a reservation at Cape May Cafe for 7.55am.
No. The buses to the parks start at 6:30 every morning (about every 30 minutes until an hour before the park opens, then about every 20 minutes), so what you could do it take a bus to DHS, then take the boat or walk to BC. (You can't take a bus to Epcot because they don't have a bus from Epcot to the Epcot resorts.)
siskaren is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #734
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post

I got them in my packet.
Thank you ill have to call disney then.
__________________
sunset7132 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #735
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 833

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Thank you ill have to call disney then.
Did you get a booklet with your reservation info?
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: