Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #676
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR8DISNEYFAN View Post
We have a 9:45 p.m. reservation at Narcoossee's on an evening when MK closes at 9. If we finish with dinner around 11:00, will the buses still be running from MK to POR at that time?
I think you'll be cutting it very close. You might want to think about a cab from GF back to POR. Or bus from GF to DTD then boat to back to POR.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #677
carmelhp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have a 9:45 p.m. reservation at Narcoossee's on an evening when MK closes at 9. If we finish with dinner around 11:00, will the buses still be running from MK to POR at that time?
We were told 2 hours after park close. Last week when AK closed at 6:00, we had a 5:40 at Tusker House, arrived a bit late (a rhino was blocking the safari road) and finished around 7:30. When we got to the buses, we were put on one of the couple of unassigned buses waiting and they told the driver to take us to POR. No dedicated resort buses were still running from the park, just several unassigned buses for the stragglers like us. I already felt we were cutting it too close.
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #678
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
Thank you Andre! you truly do have an answer for everything!
So my wife often tells me... oddly though, she doesn't seem to think that it's a compliment.

Quote:
I think the regular busses (and the monorail, come to that) will be finished by then. I'd get a taxi, it'll only be about $15 or so - and what's that compared to a meal at the GF without being rushed?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #679
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp

We arrived on 9/24 at about 2:30 and had tickets to MNSSHP. We went to the South Depot at about 3:00 and it was 90 minutes or more before a MK bus stopped, 2 passed crammed to the doors. One of the guests at the stop went in and complained and two empty buses came in about 10 minutes. There we about 150 people waiting at the stop. For all other parks the South stop was the best, and on non-MK days we passed people at other stops, already fully loaded. On on next MK day we went to East (though West would be best for MK) and got a seat, but at South we fully loaded and left about 50 guests still waiting.
We went to MNSSHP on the same day and did not have this issue. Granted hindsight is 20/20 but why would you have waited for 90 minutes without saying anything? The drivers and staff do not know who is waiting for what bus at each stop.

Stacy
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Old 10-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #680
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo
The bus situation is something that has made me leery of POR in the past. It is a gorgeous resort no doubt, but using Disney transportation is a big deal for us. We like to park the car and then not worry about driving for the rest of the stay. What is the overall consensus on POR buses? I know there are multiple stops, but about how long does it take to load up at each stop on average? I know there are variables that will determine exactly how long it takes and that it can vary from day to day...but in general what's the wait like?
End of August is the season that we're looking at.
We went in Sept and had no issues with the busses. Even staying for illuminations and hallowishes we never waited more than 15 mins and most times all 4 of us got seats. Although if we did it again in the preferred rooms we would walk to the west depot to get on the bus.

Stacy
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Old 10-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #681
Pt0872
Earning My Ears

Not that we'd use it but anyone know how much the babysitting services are? We have a 6yo daughter and an 8yo son. Just something I'm wondering about...wife and I don't get a lot of time alone.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #682
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
We went in Sept and had no issues with the busses. Even staying for illuminations and hallowishes we never waited more than 15 mins and most times all 4 of us got seats. Although if we did it again in the preferred rooms we would walk to the west depot to get on the bus.

Stacy
Good to hear. We're used to waiting about 15 minutes, or less and for some reason in my mind POR has always seemed like the mod that would have bus issues...of course even combined with FQ it has less stops than CBR.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
Old 10-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #683
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelhp View Post
You really need something to compare it to, I found the wait and time to load most times to be less than at Pop or AKL. We just happened to be on the most popular bus routes for our park days because it was always either MNSSHP or an EMH day at the park.
Thanks for your reply. We're used to the All Stars, which we've had good experiences with.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #684
peainapod
Mouseketeer

So excited!! Just got off the phone booking POR for my son's first bday trip. I literally know NOTHING about it. We are avid WDW fans and this is the only hotel we have never either been to visit or stayed at.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #685
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Andre...quick question please

You said on the previous page something about more ride photos. We got PP+ last year and got all of our ride photos on that. Is it the same as that still or are they adding even more ride photos? Like are more rides adding this feature?

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #686
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
45 days for us too, just made my final payment today! Woo Hoo! First stay at POR and first trip for hubbie and me as empty nesters. Having mixed emotions about going to Disney without the kids, eventhough they're grown and in college and working, but excited about the new experience that awaits us. We are going to just go at a relaxing pace and enjoy the resort, instead of our usual commando style.
Hi ya 1GR8DISNEYFAN,

We have almost the identical situation to you! (Except that we are arriving a week earlier )
This will be our first time staying at POR, and our first trip without the kids. We are not quite empty nesters, as ours still live at home.Well, actually, one left the nest and has come back
Anyway.......they are both too busy with work, college and girlfriends to be bothered vacationing with Mom & Dad anymore <gasp!>
So, we are on our own. We are planning a super relaxing pace, and a wonderful week just enjoying eachother and some peace and quiet

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
Old 10-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #687
kittyab
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how much a case of coolers or beer is at the gift shop/general store?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #688
dansamy
DIS Veteran

All ears might have the price...
Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #689
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Hi Andre,

I LOVE this thread! Ok, I'm booked Preferred in AB. How should I do room requests? Is bldg 14 the best? I would love a river view, but also second floor??? Really, don't want parking lot view if it's avoidable.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #690
kittyab
Mouseketeer

I may try to hit the duty free shop.... We are flying to Orlando via Alberta.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: