Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #646
rocky41102
Mouseketeer

Just paid off our trip and we're arriving in 45 days! Hubby and I stayed at Riverside in 2005 but this time it'll be us and our 3 kids! Can't wait-so excited. We booked a pool view room with free dining and we'll be in alligator bayou since there's five of us. (Wasn't my first choice of view but all that was available for free dining). Again, I'm so excited...Feels more official now that the 45 day mark is here and it's paid. I love this thread too. Everyone is so helpful and so much information!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #647
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky41102 View Post
Just paid off our trip and we're arriving in 45 days! Hubby and I stayed at Riverside in 2005 but this time it'll be us and our 3 kids! Can't wait-so excited. We booked a pool view room with free dining and we'll be in alligator bayou since there's five of us. (Wasn't my first choice of view but all that was available for free dining). Again, I'm so excited...Feels more official now that the 45 day mark is here and it's paid. I love this thread too. Everyone is so helpful and so much information!
Congrats!!! Your on the way soon!

My Fiance has family in Wartburg TN.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #648
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella
For the Food and Wine Festival, we would much prefer to snack around the world than have table service meal - is there a mechanism in place at the resorts to convert a table service meal to snack credits that we may then use for the F&WF?

Does one have to be in the process of purchasing food to do any conversion of credits or may the credits be converted by concierge?

Or is there a way at the resort food court to convert a TS credit to snacks?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama
I am not sure you can. It the food court you can get three sides/snacks and have them use the "continental combo" to use a TS/CS credit. But I do not believe that they can convert it so that they take a TS/CS credit, turn it into 3 snacks, then let you use it somewhere else.

Stacy
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #649
rocky41102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Congrats!!! Your on the way soon!

My Fiance has family in Wartburg TN.
Thanks! That's not too far from us-we're in Sparta, about an hour from Wartburg.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #650
minniemous
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky41102 View Post
We leave for POR in 26 days!!! We are also excited. Never stayed at POR and I am happ to see so many people who have been there return to that hotel again and again. It must be nice. We look forward to it. I think I better book a bounce back offer because I have had so much preparing and anticipating this trip I do not know what I will do when it is over! Have a good time.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #651
kristinesgeorge
Earning My Ears

We just made our final payment and arrive for our first ever stay at POR in 45 days! Going to be my hubby and me and our two little boys, 7 and 5! Love this thread!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #652
kittyab
DIS Veteran

We check in on Nov 8!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #653
gterin1524
Earning My Ears

We are all checked in to a AB room. I requested a mansion room, so I was initially bummed, but this room is great! And I had to call, but got a refrigerator. It was dark when we arrived, but it looks beautiful. Excited for tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #654
1GR8DISNEYFAN
Mouseketeer

45 days for us too, just made my final payment today! Woo Hoo! First stay at POR and first trip for hubbie and me as empty nesters. Having mixed emotions about going to Disney without the kids, eventhough they're grown and in college and working, but excited about the new experience that awaits us. We are going to just go at a relaxing pace and enjoy the resort, instead of our usual commando style.
Grew up going to Disneyland at least once a year, Disneyland AP holder since 1996, 1989 WDW off site, 2004 Yaght Club, 2006 Poly, 2008 Poly, 2011 Bonnett Creek, 2012 ASMO, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 ASMU

Old 10-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #655
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
I am not sure you can. It the food court you can get three sides/snacks and have them use the "continental combo" to use a TS/CS credit. But I do not believe that they can convert it so that they take a TS/CS credit, turn it into 3 snacks, then let you use it somewhere else.
Yes, that's about how it works. I was speaking to a senior F&B Manager at Port Orleans on the subject, and she said there is no official policy or exchange rate that allows you to convert between the different dining credit types. At a quick service location (such as the Riverside Mill) where they have a menu option of a snack, a drink and a piece of fruit for one credit then they can flex that to allow you to get variations as long as you stick to those three item types (although it is not a 'rule', it's management discretion). However they can't covert the credits for use elsewhere.

Which is why we ended up with 20 Counter Service credits left on our last day in August, and I came home with a lot of Mickey Rice Crispy Treats and we had a big bottled-drinks giveaway on the walk back to our room.

Also shops are unlikely to help as the DDP funds go into the F&B Department, not Merchandise, so it's not in their best interests to effectively give their stock away.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-03-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #656
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
We check in on Nov 8!
Us to pofq
Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #657
reader562
Mouseketeer

It's official; I'll be at POR 2/1 - 2/9 with the s/p/d offer!! Can't wait!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #658
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Mouse House Concierge

Has anyone staying or have stayed at POR used Mouse House Concierge? Im looking into ordering a case of water from them as they dont charge for delivery and are pretty effiecient according to their website reviews.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #659
TangledUPMerida
Earning My Ears

I won't be booking until next week, for end of January ....anyone have any idea if I'm going to have a problem getting a royal room? Do these go fast?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #660
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
Has anyone staying or have stayed at POR used Mouse House Concierge? Im looking into ordering a case of water from them as they dont charge for delivery and are pretty effiecient according to their website reviews.
DH just found and ordered a case of Nestle bottled Water 24 pack for about $9 after shipping on Amazon if that helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: