Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #631
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansamy View Post
I would start off very nice, but I'd be requesting a comped upgrade if they sold "my" room. And I'd get less nice & more vocal if they were trying to downgrade me.

Isn't it more likely to happen if you check in later?
Your more likely to go upgrade than downgrade. Even if that means Deluxe or DVC Studio Rooms.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #632
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Your more likely to go upgrade than downgrade. Even if that means Deluxe or DVC Studio Rooms.
I know that statistically you're more likely to get upgraded, even if that means walking you up a resort class. Aren't you more likely to have something like this happen at a high volume time of year with a late on check-in day arrival?

(We're DVC now, so we will likely NEVER have this happen to us. It's my understanding that points reservations come before cash reservations at DVC resorts. As far as getting the room category that you booked.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #633
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Buses..."separate but equal" ...There's just no perfect solution.
Exactly, there IS no perfect solution. I agree. And your answers were very respectful and I appreciate that too.

As of right now I have a car rented for my upcoming trip Halloween week. I am waffling a bit though but will make my final decision on the car a few days before the trip. I already have Magical Express reserved too so I would be good to go either way. And if I decide not to rent, I can always decide to grab a cab back to POR when it is crazy after closing for less than the rental.

I'm gonna pipe down now about the buses because I truly am not trying to stir the pot

TWENTY-FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #634
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansamy View Post
I know that statistically you're more likely to get upgraded, even if that means walking you up a resort class. Aren't you more likely to have something like this happen at a high volume time of year with a late on check-in day arrival?

(We're DVC now, so we will likely NEVER have this happen to us. It's my understanding that points reservations come before cash reservations at DVC resorts. As far as getting the room category that you booked.)
Yes it is most likely to happen in peak season, and with a lot of guests booking all at the same time. I mean the availability system sometimes can glitch but every time it has been in the guests favor that I ave witnessed.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #635
Just Love Disney
Mouseketeer

What is the quickest/most efficient method of getting to Downtown Disney from POR? If I remember correctly, you have to go to a park first, then catch the bus to DD, right? Does the riverboat go to DD? If so, how long would that take? We have to pick up a car at Avis across from DD around 8:00 a.m. on our last day and we're wondering what's the best way to get there to pick it up.

Thanks

Grand Floridian - 6/1992, Caribbean Beach - 10/2012, Port Orleans Riverside - 10/2013, Caribbean Beach - 10/2014
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #636
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Love Disney View Post
What is the quickest/most efficient method of getting to Downtown Disney from POR? If I remember correctly, you have to go to a park first, then catch the bus to DD, right? Does the riverboat go to DD? If so, how long would that take? We have to pick up a car at Avis across from DD around 8:00 a.m. on our last day and we're wondering what's the best way to get there to pick it up.

Thanks
No, you can take a bus directly from POR to DtD. But the quickest/most efficient way is to drive yourself.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #637
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
No, you can take a bus directly from POR to DtD. But the quickest/most efficient way is to drive yourself.
You have bus strait from Resort to DTD, boat- not really the quickest, or taxi definitely quick- plus they can drop you off closer to anywhere you want.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #638
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatterie View Post
How dark will it be to navigate to the Royal Rooms bldg?

Since its on a weeknight I also figure everything will be closed or closing for the night so we are ordering GG for some sodas and few snacks before crashing. Will the microwaves be available even if the the Mill is closed?
Walking at night is fine, the paths and buildings are well-lit. It's very pretty actually.

You should be fine for microwaving I'd have thought, the pizza section is open until midnight anyway, and I would think you'd be OK past then too - staff are still there pretty much all night for cleaning/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
Andre.......does your website have an Android App by chance?
No, but if you just Google "Port Orleans" from your browser then my site is usually the first one in the results list, in case you forget the name. Even higher than Disney's website in fact. [Which amuses me when I get Search Engine Optimisation companies spamming me and offering to boost my site's rankings... how much higher than the top place are they going to get me??? ]

Quote:
What is the quickest/most efficient method of getting to Downtown Disney from POR?
I'd suggest the ferry boat to be honest, it takes about 20 mins and is a lovely ride. Bus is also a good option, but at the moment driving is a bit crazy in terms of parking at DTD any time other than early in the morning. Taxi via the back route (turn down past Old Key West and Saratoga Springs) would also be pretty quick.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 10-02-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #639
carmelhp
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks
We got back from POR yesterday, and took the boat every time we went to DTD, it's quoted as a 20 minute cruise but always seemed shorter, and they come often through the day.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #640
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Dining Credits/F&WF

For the Food and Wine Festival, we would much prefer to snack around the world than have table service meal - is there a mechanism in place at the resorts to convert a table service meal to snack credits that we may then use for the F&WF?

Does one have to be in the process of purchasing food to do any conversion of credits or may the credits be converted by concierge?

Or is there a way at the resort food court to convert a TS credit to snacks? If so how many?

Wondering what the best strategy is to do what we prefer for F&WF...
Do we need to use a TS credit for one of our CS meals, then a CS credit to get 3 snacks at resort and then use other snack credits at F&WF?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 10-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #641
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella
For the Food and Wine Festival, we would much prefer to snack around the world than have table service meal - is there a mechanism in place at the resorts to convert a table service meal to snack credits that we may then use for the F&WF?

Does one have to be in the process of purchasing food to do any conversion of credits or may the credits be converted by concierge?

Or is there a way at the resort food court to convert a TS credit to snacks? If so how many?

Wondering what the best strategy is to do what we prefer for F&WF...
Do we need to use a TS credit for one of our CS meals, then a CS credit to get 3 snacks at resort and then use other snack credits at F&WF?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama
You can try, but it all depends on the CM you get. We've been turned away by a CM saying it can't be done then go to a different one and they say it's no problem. I don't remember what the conversion rate was.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #642
kittyab
Mouseketeer

Me & DH like our wine in the evening (or sometimes a cold beer). Is there anyway we can have a case of beer or coolers delivered to our room? Or is there liquor store near by?
Old 10-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #643
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyab View Post
Me & DH like our wine in the evening (or sometimes a cold beer). Is there anyway we can have a case of beer or coolers delivered to our room? Or is there liquor store near by?
There is alcohol in the gift shop.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #644
titansgal
Earning My Ears

Checked on to Riverside this morning! Had booked a RGR garden view and requested ground floor corner room during online check in. We got Oak Manor bottom floor directly behind the fountain in the courtyard. It's a wonderful location. We got here about noon not expecting our room to be ready. While waiting to check in a cast member with an iPad pulled us out of the online check in line and checked us in very quickly. She told us mousekeeping was in our room and it should be ready soon. We went to the gift shop and received a text within 15 minutes that our room was ready. We were all moved in by 1:00. Love the room, love the resort, and love the staff. Our only issue was figuring out the RFID mugs. It only took a few minutes and we were on our way after only one mistake. Off to swim, then epcot tomorrow
Old 10-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #645
Pt0872
Earning My Ears

The HESS station directly across the street from DTD sells beer to.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: