Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #286
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

For anyone who is there now, is the resort decorated for fall? Any pictures?
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Old 09-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #287
isabelle25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS

Anytime is fine we just happen to be going then. But, you can do it for whatever...even just to say that you are happy to be there!
Oh thats fantastic, one more thing to prepare for this trip and make it even more magical. Thanks a lotxxx
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #288
jwill
Hockey playing Fly Boy

I just left P.O.R. yesterday and didn't notice any fall decorations there yet. The parks however were beautifully decorated.

The food court was definitely a madhouse at times. Other than that small glitch, we had a fantastic time.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #289
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigailsmommy
I have a fused spine and some nerve damage so I tend to have a lot of trouble with my hip & thigh with too much walking. So I'd like to be near a bus depot, but we'd also like to be close to the water hole & pool. Any suggestions??
We stayed in Oak. The walk was long to us since my wife had foot problems, but there is a bridge nearby. If walking may be an issue consider renting a scooter. We did for the first time due to my wifes foot problems. It was great and all the CM's were helpful and accomodating and never ever made us feel like it was an imposition to help us! There is a sticky thread in Disabilities forum with info on scooter rentals. We used Walker Mobility. We were unsure whether or not we needed one but were very glad we decided to get it! Either way have a great trip!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Old 09-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #290
klmrph
Mouseketeer

Joining this thread, we are booked for 4 nights checking in on 10/19. We are driving from NW Indiana. This will be our second stay at Riverside. I am still debating on which room to request, but as of now I am leaning towards Magnolia Terrace again. We booked on the last day of the free dining promo.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #291
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymaddness View Post
I'm pretty sure the resorts only decorate for Christmas.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #292
PrincessCooper's Mom
Mouseketeer

Just returned yesterday from trip from September 13 - 21 at POR.

Is there a direct number to the resort to address some issues that happened while at resort.

Also we had a stuffed Rapunzel go missing from our room while there, I went to front desk but never heard anything before we left. I am hoping it got mixed up with linens when room was cleaned. I was told I would get phone call but did not. The Rapunzel is in her wedding dress with long veil. She was purchased at Disney Store in Gulf Port, Mississippi and I have not seen one like her anywhere else. We also have Flynn that matches her.

First time staying moderate and I was at conceirge desk several times and have never had to go while staying at a value. The worst part is the problems I went to desk were never fixed.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #293
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCooper's Mom View Post

Is there a direct number to the resort to address some issues that happened while at resort.

Also we had a stuffed Rapunzel go missing from our room while there, I went to front desk but never heard anything before we left. I am hoping it got mixed up with linens when room was cleaned. I was told I would get phone call but did not. The Rapunzel is in her wedding dress with long veil. She was purchased at Disney Store in Gulf Port, Mississippi and I have not seen one like her anywhere else. We also have Flynn that matches her.

First time staying moderate and I was at conceirge desk several times and have never had to go while staying at a value. The worst part is the problems I went to desk were never fixed.

Thanks
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
Old 09-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #294
hildarumpole
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
Port Orleans Direct: 407-934-6000

I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's lost Rapunzel. Be prepared to be persistant and get frustrated in pursuit of a resolution We had a similar experience last year at the Beach Club when my son's 3 stuffed animals got "lost." We discovered it in the early evening of our last night. I called housekeeping and was told they probably got scooped up in the linen. The housekeeper who answered the phone couldn't help, but I was promised a phone call from a housekeeping supervisor the next day. It seemed odd, because we were checking out the next day and they hadn't changed the bed linens the whole time we were there, citing energy conservation. If energy conservation was the issue, why not wait until we checked out, since they were going to have to swap out all the linens anyway? When that call didn't happen before we had to check out, I called and was connected to a woman who handles Lost & Found for the resort. She told me linen is sent to a 3rd party laundry facility, so they couldn't look for anything, but the laundry usually finds the items and sends them back to Disney. She took my name, phone and address and promised to send them when she got them or call if they didn't turn up, which she estimated to be about 2 weeks. A month later, no animals and no phone call, so I called the Beach Club, spoke to a manager, then was transferred to the same Lost & Found person I spoke to previously, but this time the manager gave me the direct number before transferring. I left 3 messages over 2 weeks before I got a call back. She apologized, claimed she couldn't understand what happened and offered to send my son a stuffed animal of his choice and a credit to our charge card to cover the cost of replacing the lost animals. The animal arrived 2 weeks later, but no credit was issued, so I emailed Guest Services, detailing the whole problem. A wonderful CM called back within an hour, apologized profusely and issued the credit. This was followed up by an email, repeating the apology and confirming the credit. Two months and half-a-dozen phone calls to rectify the problem was not sterling customer service, but the last CM I spoke to was a prince.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #295
awalker1015
Mouseketeer

Here is the letter I plan to fax a few days before we arrive - anything I should add/delete?
Thx!!

October 8, 2013
Port Orleans-Riverside Resort
Confirmation #xXX_XX_XXX

Dates of stay: 10/12/13-10/16/13 in Garden View Room

Good Morning!

We will be arriving at your lovely resort this Saturday and I cannot even say how excited we are! This is a very special trip for us  it is a first visit to WDW for my daughter Cate (8) and son Ben (6), as well as a surprise! They have been asking to go for years and believe we are going to Raleigh, NC this weekend, but will find out when we change plans they are finally headed to Disney World! And secondly, I will celebrate my 40th birthday while we are there
In preparation of our trip, I would like to make two requests. My mother, who is traveling with us, had unexpected knee surgery a few weeks ago. I would like to request a room that is centrally located to transportation and amenities and that does not require stairs to access. Secondly, I am bringing some orthopedic ice packs for her and would like to request
an in-room refrigerator to keep them cold. I understand the situation with the refrigerators and acknowledge this is merely a request, but I greatly appreciate any accommodation you can provide.

Thank you for your consideration and we look very forward to seeing you around 3:00pm this Saturday!

Kindest regards,
Old 09-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #296
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
thanks, erynsmom!
You're welcome
Old 09-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #297
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymaddness View Post
As a Brit, I'm not quite sure how you decorate a resort for the fall generally? Leave lots of golden brown autumnal leaves all over the place maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildarumpole View Post
Port Orleans Direct: 407-934-6000
Remember that this number is answered by a central switchboard which handles calls for all WDW resorts. You'll need to request (politely but firmly) that they put you through to someone actually on-site at Port Orleans, and then escalate it to a manager there if necessary.

You could try faxing the resort number (1-407-934-5777) as that goes directly to the admin offices at POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
It will, as previously posted, but I don't know that I would try for a bus at 8:00 for an 8:30 res.
For an 8:30am MK dining reservation I would be at the Port Orleans South Depot bus stop no later than 7:30am, and maybe a little earlier to be absolutely safe. And if you find you're a bit early, just spend some time taking photos on a deserted Main Street USA - you don't often get the chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Thanks! If I can't find suction cups that work for me, is there something else that they prefer? I think I saw an actual policy or something somewhere.
They basically don't want you doing anything that will leave permanent marks, or anything that the CMs would have to spend time cleaning away after you've left. Vinyl clings are fine, as is that sticky putty stuff (called blu-tack in the UK), but not pins or sticky tape which could leave holes or damage/leave marks on the paintwork.

If you are designing larger images, remember that although all the windows are about 5 ft wide, they are divided up into smaller panes which vary by location. FQ has four panes across by three high, AB downstairs just has four large square panes, while AB upstairs has the same, but each one is divided again into 4 (so 16 panes in all). The mansion buildings vary between the four large panes and the 16 small ones.

You can do this all year round if you wish by the way, I've seen some nice window decorations in the past:

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #298
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by awalker1015 View Post
Here is the letter I plan to fax a few days before we arrive - anything I should add/delete?
Looks good to me (for what that's worth anyway! ).

By the way, did you mean to write 'plans' or 'planes'?

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #299
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
As a Brit, I'm not quite sure how you decorate a resort for the fall generally? Leave lots of golden brown autumnal leaves all over the place maybe?

Remember that this number is answered by a central switchboard which handles calls for all WDW resorts. You'll need to request (politely but firmly) that they put you through to someone actually on-site at Port Orleans, and then escalate it to a manager there if necessary.

You could try faxing the resort number (1-407-934-5777) as that goes directly to the admin offices at POR.

For an 8:30am MK dining reservation I would be at the Port Orleans South Depot bus stop no later than 7:30am, and maybe a little earlier to be absolutely safe. And if you find you're a bit early, just spend some time taking photos on a deserted Main Street USA - you don't often get the chance!

They basically don't want you doing anything that will leave permanent marks, or anything that the CMs would have to spend time cleaning away after you've left. Vinyl clings are fine, as is that sticky putty stuff (called blu-tack in the UK), but not pins or sticky tape which could leave holes or damage/leave marks on the paintwork.

If you are designing larger images, remember that although all the windows are about 5 ft wide, they are divided up into smaller panes which vary by location. FQ has four panes across by three high, AB downstairs just has four large square panes, while AB upstairs has the same, but each one is divided again into 4 (so 16 panes in all). The mansion buildings vary between the four large panes and the 16 small ones.

You can do this all year round if you wish by the way, I've seen some nice window decorations in the past:

Andre
I always have LGMH with me all the time. Just so Disboard Members can pull me aside if they see me and say hello.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #300
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks
Just curious (since we're coming in 13 days :-), besides the Rapunzel, what other problems did you encounter? (Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but am pretty faithful about reading each post to this thread and I didn't notice it.)
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: