Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #271
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

Here now and though I would post a quick note before the kidos wake up. First, as always POR is beautiful!!! Loving every minute. A note of caution to anyone who does NOT want their credit card link to their MB. Even though during online check in I did not link a card, when I arrived the CM told me I was all set since a card was designated. I asked to remove it and the CM said it was gone. HOWEVER last night my dad was in Mouse Gears and a CM told him to touch the icon to get his AP discount with his MB. Then told him he was all set because the charge went through to the linked card. After a minor panic (because it is my debit card they linked to) a CM at the lobby supposedly took care of this last night. I don't know if this is a MB glitch or a fluke, but wanted to warn others. Side note: the food court was complete chaos last night. So much so that the CM double charged me for most of our order. But the food was still good.

Last edited by Disney Diva Mom; 09-23-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #272
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Diva Mom View Post
HOWEVER last night my dad was in Mouse Gears and a CM told him to touch the icon to get his AP discount with his MB. .
Are you getting AP discounts by using your magicbands now?????

A few weeks back you had to use your AP card in order to get discounts, even with the MB's.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #273
Disney Diva Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Are you getting AP discounts by using your magicbands now????? A few weeks back you had to use your AP card in order to get discounts, even with the MB's.
That was the first I heard of it. I will try it myself in the next day and see. We normally have to show our card. Now if they could just link the TIW card....
Old 09-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #274
twokiddos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That was the first I heard of it. I will try it myself in the next day and see. We normally have to show our card. Now if they could just link the TIW card....
What's an AP discount?
We are flying in on Monday! Yippee! Can't wait.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #275
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokiddos View Post
What's an AP discount?
We are flying in on Monday! Yippee! Can't wait.
Annual Pass....you get a 10% discount at most stores.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #276
CDolacki2003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I brought creamer in my luggagec last year and it was a waste. You can grab individual creamers from the soda station and bring them back to your room
Thanks for the info. I was hoping they still had the little packets in the food court.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #277
MickeyFan19
Earning My Ears

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to online check-in? We fly out of Jersey really early (in a week!) and land about 9am. I'm guessing that by the time we grab our luggage and get on ME, we will arrive to POR by 11am.....

Also do you think a room will be ready? It would be nice to relax a little with the baby before heading to Epcot.

Last edited by MickeyFan19; 09-22-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #278
isabelle25
Earning My Ears

Hi everybody , peole were talking about windows decorating, is it posible to do it whenever we want or just for hallowen and Xmastime ?
We will be in POR in summer 2014. Thanks for your replies xxx
Old 09-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #279
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigailsmommy View Post
My daughter & I will be staying at Riverside and on the morning of her birthday we have breakfast at Cinderella's castle at 8:30. Will the bus be running at 8AM to Magic Kingdom?
It will, as previously posted, but I don't know that I would try for a bus at 8:00 for an 8:30 res. The bus may not be there as soon as you get there. Then you have the ride, the walk to the gates, the admission process, then the walk to the castle. This is all pre-park opening and you will want to get some empty MK pix on your way in I'm sure. Just think you may want to allow a little more time. No need for tons of extra, but some. Just in case

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #280
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle25 View Post
Hi everybody , peole were talking about windows decorating, is it posible to do it whenever we want or just for hallowen and Xmastime ?
We will be in POR in summer 2014. Thanks for your replies xxx
Anytime is fine we just happen to be going then. But, you can do it for whatever...even just to say that you are happy to be there!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #281
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post

Thanks for the info. I was hoping they still had the little packets in the food court.
You can even call the resort to triple check that's what I did. 48 days and counting here
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #282
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I would use the suction cups; tape could leave residue or be difficult to remove.

Check the first post for updates on the fridge situation.
Thanks! If I can't find suction cups that work for me, is there something else that they prefer? I think I saw an actual policy or something somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
we plan on doing that time frame in 3 years--it will be a girls only trip No kids and no hubbies but I was wanting to decorate too
It is a blast! This is our 3rd year doing that time. We have done summer, Christmas, early December, President's week, Springtime, September...and this is our favorite hands down! Bonus: you get two holidays in one! Fall and Halloween are our family's favorites so that helps! And, food and wine does not hurt the situation! We never decorate but my daughter asked to this time, so I let her pick some stuff out at the Target dollar section. They had some really cute stuff for cheap and we will probably just toss it instead of bringing it back. We have not purchased anything for Christmas decorating yet as that is not out (thankfully). I am thinking lights for sure and maybe just a garland and some little ornaments? The year we were there on Christmas, we did a little table top tree so the kids still had something to decorate.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #283
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

On another note...has anyone on here ordered any of the celebrations from Disney Florist? I was looking and I loved the Halloween one from last year, but did not order. This year's one I don't like as much. Was thinking about maybe the build your own? I have one that loves rice krispy treats and one that likes the stuffed animals, one that is a pin collector etc. I actually thought about maybe it just being in the cute bag (cooler bag maybe?) with our last name embroidered and putting a little something for everyone in? Anyone have experience with this?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #284
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFEB2013 View Post
We are staying at Port Orleans in early February 2014. Excited but nervous. We stayed at WL last year and while it was nice, we weren't blown away. Lobby was beautiful as were the grounds, rooms were not $350 a night room.... Just your standard hotel room. Just didn't feel the price was worth it. If you have stayed at both, which did you like better? Hoping we love POR!!
I think you will like POR. It has a different ambiance and overall feeling than WL...which, don't misconstrue, I find beautiful and convenient to MK & Monorail. POR is just serene and lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
We have stayed at both :-)...POR Oct. 2004, POR Oct. 2010, WL Dec. 2011...I definitely prefer POR, as does my family....We are going back to POR in 14 days...woohoo! The only exception would be maybe Christmastime. I enjoyed being at WL for Christmas decorations / seemed more Christmassy, if that makes sense . Otherwise, I would definitely chose POR. I totally agree about the expense of the rooms at WL. I suppose the advantage to staying at WL over POR would be the convenience of the boat to MK, or Contemporary to hop on monorail. You don't have that at POR. However, the grounds and peacefulness of POR is just fabulous, plus you can take their boat to Downtown Disney.
I fought with this very thing last Dec when we went because I knew WL would look so lodgy and Christmas-y...but we still went back to POR. I just can't say no to the place. It beckons me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Royal rooms are in Oak and Parterre. **in response to Abigailsmommy*

Have you checked out the maps of the resort linked to in the first post on this thread? From my understanding of the maps and what I noticed during our quick first stay, apart from the bus stop outside the lobby, the bus stops are all on the *other* side of the buildings than the pool and lobby/restaurant areas. So unless you are put right in the middle, that's a hard one to do, to be close to *both*. That's my understanding, at least.
I'd send a fax request (which you can find out to do at the beginning of the thread) for a Parterre or Oak Manor room closest to the footbridge. You are a very quick jaunt then to the Main building, reception and dining and the main bus stop through the gift shop. You won't be as close to the pool, but don't know how much you'll be going back and forth from the pool. Once we are at the pool, we stay at the pool until we're done. I think that will give you a good option. We were Riverfront in Oak Manor last Dec and it was a primo spot if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan19 View Post
Is there an advantage/disadvantage to online check-in? We fly out of Jersey really early (in a week!) and land about 9am. I'm guessing that by the time we grab our luggage and get on ME, we will arrive to POR by 11am...

Also do you think a room will be ready? It would be nice to relax a little with the any before heading to Epcot.
It may be ready, but that's a crapshoot. You can relax by the pool. They will store your luggage. Online checkin will have your room assigned ahead and your packet ready. To me it's a 50/50 proposition. I've done it both ways and found no benefit one over the other. 11am will be the end of check out, so hopefully that portion of the crowds will have died down. You can stowe your luggage if your room isn't ready, take the boat to DTD for a bit, then the bus to Epcot when you are ready!

Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #285
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here now and though I would post a quick note before the kidos wake up. First, as always POR is beautiful!!! Loving every minute.

Side note: the food court was complete chaos last night. So much so that the CM fouls charged me for most of our order. But the food was still good.
We thought POR was beautiful too. One night in the busy food court, my husband went through the line with our daughter. The CM charged him two TABLE service credits instead of two counter service credits. Luckily, we keep our receipts and I noticed it. The front desk took care of it right away but I highly recommend keeping your receipts or at least looking at them carefully each time you use your meal credits.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: