Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #256
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

DD boat

does anyone know when the last boat back from DD to POR is at night?
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POR Royal Room, Surprise trip for kids!

Old 09-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #257
PirateFuzzball
Earning My Ears

Two questions:
Are movies available on-demand in the room?
Do the TV's have a HDMI input one can pipe their own content to?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #258
onelugnut
Donald Duck!

i am sure they had RCA jacks on the front of the t.v., but would like to know the HDMI question too.
(will that charge my flip video camera?)

Port orleans still has their mini fridges right?

and, someone please confirm Bob is still playing at riverside?

Last edited by onelugnut; 09-21-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add question
Old 09-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #259
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpe87 View Post
We will be checking into POR on Oct. 12 for seven nights. My party consists of 3 adults and 3 children. We have booked two standard rooms and requested them to be connecting. This is our only request. Does anyone know what our chances are of getting connecting rooms? Thanks
You may want to call back and see if they can put in for guaranteed connecting - when we first booked we didn't have that, but when we called back with our ME details, that CM changed our reservation to say guaranteed connecting (you can see the words on the reservation link they sent us). We're 2 adults 4 kids checking in 10/8 but not till about 10pm. Hope that helps!!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #260
gipcrew4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmtexas View Post
I believe it was 10:30. Does that sound right?
Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #261
mrsmomo
Mouseketeer

Ok so we r checking in 2mrw.... I did online check-in and I assumed that we would be there around 2:30. Now its looking more like it will be 10 am will that cause a problem?

November 2012 POP
Me DH DD DS
Old 09-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #262
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
Ok so we r checking in 2mrw.... I did online check-in and I assumed that we would be there around 2:30. Now its looking more like it will be 10 am will that cause a problem?
Others are def more knowledgable than me on that, but I think you can maybe edit online checkin too....
Old 09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #263
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmtexas View Post
11:30pm. But the buses run later than that if you miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFuzzball View Post
Two questions:
Are movies available on-demand in the room?
Do the TV's have a HDMI input one can pipe their own content to?
There are no on-demand movie facilities on the TVs in the room, but there is an HDMI port you can use. Netflix on your laptop I assume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelugnut View Post
Port orleans still has their mini fridges right?
and, someone please confirm Bob is still playing at riverside?
About 40% of rooms have fridges at the moment due to a defect that was found property-wide. They are replacing the others, but it will take another month or so to complete all the rooms. See the FAQ in the first post for details.

Yes, "Ye Haa" Bob Jackson still plays at the River Roost lounge, Weds-Sat. And his hair still looks fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmomo View Post
If you are worried, just go through the online checkin process again and adjust your arrival time. You can re-do it as many times as you like.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #264
abigailsmommy
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new to this and my eyes are starting to hurt from reading so many of these! What a wonderful way to discuss WDW! My daughter & I will be staying at Riverside next month (in 33 days!) in a royal room. I understand that limits the buildings we can be in, but I'm wondering which one would be ideal. I've heard that Oak & Magnolia would be great, but I don't know much about it. We will have a car there but plan to take a bus to the resorts. I have a fused spine and some nerve damage so I tend to have a lot of trouble with my hip & thigh with too much walking. So I'd like to be near a bus depot, but we'd also like to be close to the water hole & pool. Any suggestions??
Old 09-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #265
abigailsmommy
Earning My Ears

My daughter & I will be staying at Riverside and on the morning of her birthday we have breakfast at Cinderella's castle at 8:30. Will the bus be running at 8AM to Magic Kingdom?
Old 09-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #266
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigailsmommy View Post
My daughter & I will be staying at Riverside and on the morning of her birthday we have breakfast at Cinderella's castle at 8:30. Will the bus be running at 8AM to Magic Kingdom?
Yes, even earlier than that, actually.

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
Old 09-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #267
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigailsmommy View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new to this and my eyes are starting to hurt from reading so many of these! What a wonderful way to discuss WDW! My daughter & I will be staying at Riverside next month (in 33 days!) in a royal room. I understand that limits the buildings we can be in, but I'm wondering which one would be ideal. I've heard that Oak & Magnolia would be great, but I don't know much about it. We will have a car there but plan to take a bus to the resorts. I have a fused spine and some nerve damage so I tend to have a lot of trouble with my hip & thigh with too much walking. So I'd like to be near a bus depot, but we'd also like to be close to the water hole & pool. Any suggestions??
Royal rooms are in Oak and Parterre.

Have you checked out the maps of the resort linked to in the first post on this thread? From my understanding of the maps and what I noticed during our quick first stay, apart from the bus stop outside the lobby, the bus stops are all on the *other* side of the buildings than the pool and lobby/restaurant areas. So unless you are put right in the middle, that's a hard one to do, to be close to *both*. That's my understanding, at least.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #268
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I am not a coffee drinker at all. I like my caffeine cold and fizzy! However, I was thinking of bringing some of the instant oatmeal and cream of wheat packets for breakfasts in the room. Does anyone know if you can run hot water through the coffee maker to use for this? and if so, did it still taste like coffee? thanks
I did this on our last trip and worked fine. It was hot enough for me. I didn't taste any coffee either.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #269
PirateFuzzball
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There are no on-demand movie facilities on the TVs in the room, but there is an HDMI port you can use. Netflix on your laptop I assume?

Andre
Awesome; that helps a lot. Not bringing the laptop because I'm making sure I can't be suckered into working. I'll be using a MHL adapter to run off my phone. I'd like the option of doing Netflix or a rip from our library just in case.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #270
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

thanks, erynsmom!

May 11-17, 2014 - Pop Century, Epcot Flower & Garden Festival and the opening SWW
November 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside, MVMCP

Oct./Nov. 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and Food & Wine • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP, right after Thanksgiving • 2002 - short visit after conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; even did Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: